Name: Lian Shufang (廉淑芳)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: September, 2002
Most recent place of detention:
Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp (黑嘴子劳教所)
City: Changchun
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, home ransacked, interrogation, beatings, electric shock, brainwashing, forced labor.

( I am a Falun Dafa practitioner from Shulan City, Jilin Province, and my name is Lian Shufang. I was sent to a forced labor camp in 2002 because I refused to give up my cultivation. As a result, I was persecuted severely in Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp.

In late September 2002, a practitioner temporarily lived in my home. Armed with fabricated lies, the police broke into my home and searched it. My three-year-old child was very frightened and he was shaking. The police found a few Dafa books in a closet and they said this was enough to sentence me to forced labor for one year. They forced me and my child into the police vehicle. My child was so frightened that he dared not cry out. At the police station, a fellow practitioner persisted in telling the police officers the facts about Falun Gong. The police not only refused to listen but one also raised an iron spade to beat this practitioner. After the third day in detention, her brother bailed her out. I was sent to Nanshan Detention Center where I met four fellow practitioners.

The police in the detention center were very evil. Specifically, Zhao Zhiwei and a police officer by the name of Xu often beat us, hitting us with a belt. Police officers Xin He and Wang Tingbai interrogated us and produced a search warrant, ordering us to sign it so they could search our homes. However, when the police first searched our homes they did not have a warrant at all. During the first month of detention, the police forced us to recite the jail rules, would not let us practice the exercises, and sometimes at night they opened the gate, came in and viciously beat us.

A month later I was sent to Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp and held there for one year. As soon as I arrived, the guards instigated the collaborators to brainwash me. When they saw that I had not given up my belief in Falun Dafa, they forcibly pulled me into the police office. I shouted "Falun Dafa is good" all the way to the office and they punched and kicked me along the way. I was barefoot and was pushed into the office where the captain, Liu Lianying, rushed at me, grabbed my hair and slammed my head against the wall. She then slapped my face a dozen times. At this time, I could see stars before my eyes, my mouth bled and my teeth were loosened. Yu Bo used an electric baton to shock my private parts and also violently kicked me there. Liu Lianying was abusive and kicking, citing that the leaders had issued a death command, meaning that they could beat us to death and not be held responsible. Beating us to death would be counted as suicide. The two kept torturing me for half an hour. At that time I felt my pants were completely wet from my own blood, the result of their repeated kicking my privates.

The next day my head was severely swollen, my body was blue and purple everywhere and swollen. I was in a bad condition for three months. Because I refused to write a repentance statement I was often subjected to brainwashing. They deprived me of sleep, even at midnight, and the next morning I was still expected to work in the labor camp. Because my body was in very bad condition and my state of mind was affected by the torture, my heart felt heavy. I needed people to support me when climbing stairs. Doctors told me that I had a heart problem, but did not tell me specifically what the problem was, and I just had to take the medicine they gave me.

Dafa practitioners were experiencing torture every minute. We were often grabbed by the guards and beaten and shocked with electric batons. When we did labor in the workshop, we often heard the sounds of the electric batons and could smell scorched skin. Criminals and drug addicts at the labor camp had support from the guards and they persecuted practitioners using any means. They tortured practitioners who refused to write the repentance statement. The guards extended the sentence terms of practitioners at will, whereas criminals who persecuted practitioners had their terms reduced. Practitioner Liu Lixia from Changchun refused to give up her cultivation and was tied to the death bed for a month. She stayed tied to this bed even when eating and drinking, and had to relieve herself while tied to the bed. Her arms were stretched outwards and tied to the iron bed, and her clothes were stripped off. When she was finally untied, she could not stand without help.

I was released in 2004, but the local police still monitored me. They often came to my home to threaten and intimidate me. They scared and upset my family.