Additional Persecution News from China - December 28, 2009 (25 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 17 cities or counties in nine provinces. In this report, 13 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 37 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhou Dongmei Arrested
- [Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Shufen Taken Away by Officials from Dehui Domestic Security Division
- [Acheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Fu Shuangyin Arrested
- [Yanbian City, Jilin Province] Ms. Cui Honghua Abused at Changchun Women's Forced Labor Camp
- [Tianjin] Mr. Ma Hongzhi Given Prison Term
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Yang Chengjiang and Mr. Yang Dianjun Arrested
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Ruihua Detained
- [Tianjin] Persecution of Ms. Li Yajuan
- [Liaoning Province] Additional Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioners in Huanren County
- [Shanghai] Latest Update Regarding Ms. Lin Liqin and Ms. Yang Aihua
- [Fuyuan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Tan Mingcheng Arrested
- [Hulunbeier City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Police Still Harassing Practitioners
- [Changde City, Hunan Province] Practitioners Arrested
- [Hailin City, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Ms. Chen Mingying
- [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Practitioners Detained
- [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhao Liming Taken to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp
- [Tianjin] Mr. Wang Bin and Mr. Zhao Jianfeng Arrested and Homes Ransacked
- [Beijing] Mr. Liu Yaping, in His 40s, Arrested on December 23, 2009
- [Anlu City, Hubei Province] Ms. Liu Chunyan Faces Trial in Rugao City, Jiangsu Province
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Jiang Guobo Sentenced to Prison
- [Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Mingyan Persecuted at Liaoning Women's Prison
- [Hanzhong City, Shaanxi Province] Additional Information Regarding Arrests in Xixiang County
- [Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioners Arrested
- [Tianjin] Ms. Feng Lizhen Persecuted; Others Arrested
- [Tianjin] Ms. Fu Shaojuan Taken to a Forced Labor Camp
1. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhou Dongmei Arrested
Ms. Zhou Dongmei was reported to the police on the afternoon of December 24, 2009 as she handed out Falun Gong flyers in Nanchang City. The police arrested her. She is currently held at Nanchang City's No. 1 Detention Center.
2. [Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Shufen Taken Away by Officials from Dehui Domestic Security Division
Officials from the Dehui City Domestic Security Division went to the home of Ms. Liu Shufen in Chalukou Town at 1:00 p.m. on December 24, 2009. They confiscated a photo of Mr. Li Hongzhi and Falun Gong materials. They took Liu Shufen to the police department, where the agents asked whether she would continue to practice Falun Gong. She said yes, in her husband's presence. The police took her away. She is held at an unknown location.
3. [Acheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Fu Shuangyin Arrested
Several villagers at Feiketu Town attacked Mr. Fu Shuangyin on the afternoon of December 20, 2009 as he distributed Falun Gong materials. Sui Jingbo, Feiketu Town Police Station political head and other officers took Mr. Fu to the town police station and subsequently sent him to the Acheng No. 2 Detention Center.
4. [Yanbian City, Jilin Province] Ms. Cui Honghua Abused at Changchun Women's Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Cui Honghua from Yanbian City has been held at that camp's Division 3 in the latter half of 2009. The guards found Falun Gong articles in her bag for which they violently assaulted and shocked her with electric batons. She is very weak due to torture and has developed symptoms of uterine tumor(s) such as abnormal bleeding, but the authorities refuse to release her.
5. [Tianjin] Mr. Ma Hongzhi Given Prison Term
Mr. Ma Hongzhi from Tianjin has been taken to the Gangbei Prison in Tianjin following sentencing to five years in prison.
6. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Yang Chengjiang and Mr. Yang Dianjun Arrested
Officers from the Shagang Police Station arrested Mr. Yang Chengjiang and Mr. Yang Dianjun from Shuangyashan City on the afternoon of December 26, 2009. They are now held at the Jixian County Custody Center.
Qi Weidong, Jixian County 610 Office: 86-454-4676615,
Wu Hua, Jixian County 610 Office: 86-13846975077
Hu Xianzhong, Jixian County Domestic Security Division, 86-454-4662640, 86-13946615688
7. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Ruihua Detained
Seventy-three-year-old Ms. Wang Ruihua from Jilin City went to the Changchun Women's Forced Labor Camp on December 24, 2009 and spoke with the authorities about Falun Gong. Later on, officers from Longhua Police Station ransacked her home and took several Falun Gong DVDs. She went to Longhua Police Station and asked for the DVDs. The police detained her. Her current circumstances are unknown.
Longhua Police Station: 86-432-63039367; a police officer: 86-13944221175
8. [Tianjin] Persecution of Ms. Li Yajuan
Ms. Li Yajuan did not return home from work at the Samsung SDI Co. in the Wuqing Development District in Tianjin on December 15, 2009. Her family later learned her superiors had reported her to the local 610 Office. She was arrested and taken to the Wuqing Detention Center.
9. [Liaoning Province] Additional Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioners in Huanren County
Police arrested 26 practitioners in Huanren County between December 8 and December 17, 2009. Eleven of them were taken to Benxi City. Their circumstances are unknown; the other 15 practitioners are held at the Huanren County Detention Center.
10. [Shanghai] Latest Update Regarding Ms. Lin Liqin and Ms. Yang Aihua
Ms. Lin Liqin was sentenced to 15 months in a labor camp in October 2009 and is now held at the Qingpu Women's Forced Labor Camp.
Changning District Court tried Ms. Yang Aihua around December 3, 2009. She had been held at the Changning District Detention Center since early August 2009.
Xianxia Road Police Station: 86-21-62340769
Changning District Detention Center: 86-21-62394606
11. [Fuyuan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Tan Mingcheng Arrested
Officials Zhang Sidong, Chai Jinlin, Guo Jishan and a few others from the Fuyuan County Domestic Security Division arrested practitioner Tan Mingcheng, a peasant from Bagai Village, Ji Township around December 24, 2009.
The police ransacked Tan Mingcheng's home on October 29, 2009 and confiscated his computer(s), printer(s) and Falun Gong books worth over 5,000 yuan.
Zhang Sidong, police department Politics and Security Section
head: 86-454-2135110-5972 (Office), 86-454-2131008 (Home)
Chai Jinlin, Politics and Security Section official: 86-454-2132432 (Home)
Guo Jishan: 86-454-2133402 (Home)
12. [Hulunbeier City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Police Still Harassing Practitioners
After the arrest of Mr. Wu Jiezhou and Ms. Liu Yuping from Genhe area in Hulunbeier City was exposed on the Minghui website, police continued to harass numerous other practitioners and their families. They took practitioners to the police station and interrogated them. Mr. Wu was one of them.
The police seized Mr. Wu's wife Ms. Liu Shuzhi on December 19, 2009 and released her later that night. Huang Liang and two other police officers arrested her again on December 22, 2009 and held her at the Linye Detention Center in Genhe. They also threatened her family they would arrest other members of the family if they revealed the arrest to the outside. The family has not seen Mr. Wu since the arrest.
Ao Kuangsheng, police chief: 86-470-5232001, 86-470-5232047,
Shao Huaiping, political head: 86-470-5232002, 86-470-5232059, 86-13347025302
Zhang Xiaodong, deputy police chief: 86-470-5232006, 86-470-5236669, 86-13904707877
13. [Changde City, Hunan Province] Practitioners Arrested
Police have arrested numerous practitioners since December 16, 2009, including Mr. Wang Xiaohui, Ms. Liu Xianju, Ms. Liu Yunlan, Ms. Zeng Lihua, Ms. Liu Huiping, Mr. Li Haijun, Ms. Liao, and Mr. Wang Heping.
14. [Hailin City, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Ms. Chen Mingying
Officer Ding Aimin from the Hailin City No. 4 Police Station went to Ms. Chen Mingying's home on September 27, 2009 and found a photo of Mr. Li Hongzhi and copies of the book Zhuan Falun in a closet. Ding Aimin immediately called Hailing City's Domestic Security Division to report his "findings" [Falun Gong-related materials are banned in China]. Officials from the Domestic Security Division and from the No. 4 Police Station later ransacked Ms. Chen's home. They took her Falun Gong books and took her to the Hailin City Detention Center, eventually extorting 10,000 yuan from her. She returned home on October 14, 2009.
15. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Practitioners Detained
The police recently arrested Ms. Sun Xiuhuan, Ms. Cao Xiumei, and Ms. Yang Xiuyan from Shuiquan Township, Songshan District. They are currently held at the Sanyanjing Detention Center.
16. [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhao Liming Taken to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Zhao Liming from Gucheng Street in Shouguang City was taken to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp on around November 23, 2009. This is the third time he has been sent to the Wangcun Labor Camp since the persecution began in 1999.
17. [Tianjin] Mr. Wang Bin and Mr. Zhao Jianfeng Arrested and Homes Ransacked
A group of police officers from She County, Hebei Province ransacked the homes of Mr. Wang Bin and Mr. Zhao Jianfeng on the evening of December 25, 2009. The practitioners are employees of the Tianjin Iron Factory Automotive Division. The persecutors confiscated Falun Gong materials, computers, printers and other personal belongings.
Ma Xinchou, She County Police Department Appeals Section
official in Hebei Province: 86-310-3827249
Guo Shuicheng, official at the Instruction Center: 86-310-3834359
Zhang Zhongkui, official at the Politics Division: 86-310-3834356
18. [Beijing] Mr. Liu Yaping, in His 40s, Arrested on December 23, 2009
19. [Anlu City, Hubei Province] Ms. Liu Chunyan Faces Trial in Rugao City, Jiangsu Province
Ms. Liu Chunyan from Anlu City sent Falun Gong-related text messages on her mobile phone while she was in Rugao City, Jiangsu Province. Officers from the Nantong Police Department and from the Rugao City Police Department arrested her at 7:00 p.m. on September 19, 2009 and held her at Rugao City Detention Center for three months. It has been learned that the case has been transferred to the Rugao Procuratorate. She will face trial.
Nantong Police Department Criminal Police Division:
Huang, Rugao Development District Police Station agent: 86-15996510099
20. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Jiang Guobo Sentenced to Prison
Kuiwen District Court officials tried Mr. Jiang Guobo for the first time on November 16, 2009, and for the second time last week when he was sentenced to five years in prison. He has filed a petition.
Mr. Jiang has endured all kinds of torture in the past ten months since his arrest on February 27, 2009, including being hung up while handcuffed; being stretched in a "Death Bed"; long rounds of interrogation; sleep deprivation; and verbal abuse. He also endured force-feeding and having his hands cuffed behind his back for 15 days at a time. He is emaciated and in critical condition.
21. [Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Mingyan Persecuted at Liaoning Women's Prison
Ms. Li Mingyan is held in a solitary confinement cell at Liaoning Province Women's Prison. The authorities have denied her family members' requests to meet with her.
Yang Li, Women's Prison head: 86-24-89296666 (Office), 86-24-86914173 (Home), 86-13390118299 (Cell); Political head: 86-24-89296677; Deputy prison head: 86-24-89296655
22. [Hanzhong City, Shaanxi Province] Additional Information Regarding Arrests in Xixiang County
A previous report recently published on the Minghui website only mentioned the arrests of Ms. Yue Xiancui, Mr. Zhang Houming, and Mr. Hu Youming on July 22, 2009. The arrests were not limited to those practitioners. Also arrested were Mr. Wang Fushou, Ms. Zhao Yuzhen, Mr. Mu Hongtao, Mr. Dong Guilin, Mr. Zhang Yong, Mr. Cheng Xingrong and an elderly practitioner employed by the county government. All of them were sent to labor camps, with the exception of Cheng Xingrong, the elderly practitioner, and Zhang Houming's mother, due to health reasons. Ms. Zhao Yuzhen was sentenced to one year in a labor camp; Mr. Mu Hongtao, Ms. Yue Xiancui and Mr. Zhang Houming were sentenced to 18 months and were transferred to another location on November 25, 2009. Mr. Zhang Yong was fired from his job. Mr. Dong Guilin and Mr. Hu Youming are held at the Xixiang Detention Center. The authorities are restricting Mr. Wang Fushou's mobility.
23. [Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioners Arrested
Officials from the Nancha District Domestic Security Division in Yichun City, including Qiao Hongtao, arrested practitioners Ms. Zhang Guirong, Ms. Liu Fuqing, Ms. Yao Guizhi and three others from Jiamusi City on the morning of December 19, 2009. Ms. Liu broke free with the power of her righteous thoughts later that night.
24. [Tianjin] Ms. Feng Lizhen Persecuted; Others Arrested
Officers from the Xinhe Police Station arrested practitioner Ms. Feng Lizhen from Tanggu District on the morning of February 13, 2009 as she handed out Falun Gong flyers near the Tanggu District Custody Center. The persecutors confiscated her mobile phone, address book and other personal belongings.
While Ms. Feng was at the police station, officer Bai threatened her. The officials ransacked her home later on and made her family pay 30,000 yuan. She was held for 15 days.
The police further arrested several other practitioners using the contact information in her phone and notebook.
Xinhe Police Station: 86-22-25347180
Zhang Wenli, 610 Office agent: 86-13802171819
Han Yong, 610 Office agent: 86-22-66889082
25. [Tianjin] Ms. Fu Shaojuan Taken to a Forced Labor Camp
Someone reported Ms. Fu Shaojuan to the police as she did the Falun Gong exercises in a neighborhood park in August 2009. Police took her to the station and interrogated her and sent her to a labor camp several days later. She is around 60 years of age and lives on Dayingmen Street, Heping District, Tianjin.
Jiefangqiao Police Station: 86-22-23315131; Gansu Road Police Station: 86-22-27305904; Nanyingmen Police Station: 86-22-27817710