Name: Liu Qingchun (刘青春)
Gender: Male
Age: 48
Address: Qingyuan County, Fushen City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Teacher employed by Xiajiapu High School (清原县夏家堡乡中学)
Date of Death: September 16, 2009
Date of Most Recent Arrest: January 13, 2003
Most Recent Place of Detention: Benxi City Prison (本溪市监狱)
City: Qingyuan County
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, imprisonment, solitary confinement, torture, extortion, fired from workplace, physical restraint, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

( (By a correspondent from Liaoning Province) Mr. Liu Qingchun was sent to forced labor for two years and later sentenced to four years in prison. When he was finally released, he was covered with wounds and suffering from a foggy mental state. His wife (Mao Xiumei, also a practitioner) and daughter in college also endured huge mental and physical abuse during the past ten years of persecution. Among his belongings, they found two pieces of paper folded inside an envelope that were covered with his handwriting, detailing abuses that he had suffered while being detained.

Mr. Liu was an excellent teacher. He began cultivating in Falun Dafa in 1997. All of his illnesses were cured, and his family of three lived a very happy life.

After the persecution started in 1999, Mr. Liu went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Dafa, and he was detained multiple times. He and his wife were fired by the school they were working for. Around October 1999, Qingyuan Education Bureau Director Song Xianjun personally went to each secondary school in the county and tried to force practitioners to give up their faith. They detained Mr. Liu Qingchun and his wife in the Dashagou Detention Center. On July 17, 2000, Mr. Liu was taken to the Fushen City Forced Labor Camp for a two-year term.

On January 2003, Mr. Liu Qingchun and another practitioner Mr. Wang Yaping went to pass out truth-clarifying materials in the nearby Dasanjiazi Village in Lijiatai Township, Kaiyuan County. They were arrested by officers from the Litai Town Police Station. The Kaiyuan County Court sentenced Mr. Liu to four years in prison in March 2003 and imprisoned Mr. Liu in the Benxi City Prison.

Mr. Liu persisted in his belief in Falun Dafa and Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, endured many kinds of torture, and was constantly locked in a small cell. The prison administration did not allow his family to visit him and shocked him with an electric baton many times. Mr. Liu recorded the times he was tortured with electric batons and hid the pieces of paper. He was also forced to sit on a small stool for long periods of time and subjected to sleep deprivation, among other tortures.

Mr. Liu's family picked him up when his term ended. His body was covered with wounds, he did not have a clear consciousness, and he did not speak and did not want anyone to see him. His family does not know the extent of the tortures he endured except what he was able to record on these two pieces of paper. He died on September 16, 2009 at home.

Written on January 2, 2010