Name: Li Delong (李德龙)
Gender: Male
Age: 49
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Official at the Laixi City Administration Bureau for Industry and Commerce

Date of Death: November 29, 2009
Persecution Suffered: Detention, beatings, interrogation, home ransacking, physical constraint

( Mr. Li Delong died on November 29, 2009, as a result of the Communist regime's long-term harassment and persecution.

Mr. Li traveled to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong in 2000, and was taken into custody at the Laixi City Liaison Office in Beijing. Police officers Shen Tao and Li Maohui slapped his face with their leather shoes. They did not stop the beating until they were exhausted, and then they handcuffed Mr. Li behind a door.

Mr. Li's wife, Ms. Ju Ruihong, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on June 17, 2000. She unfurled a banner reading "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" on the Tiananmen Gate Tower on the morning of June 19, 2000 and shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is good!" Three plainclothes agents caught her, kicking and punching her in the process. The beating left Ms. Ju with a swollen left eye. She had blurred vision and was in a great deal of pain. Ms. Ju was then taken to the Chaoyang District Detention Center. Beijing Police Department officials sentenced her to one year of forced labor on July 16, 2000, without going through any legal procedures. She was held at the Beijing Forced Labor Dispatch Division for 100 days, resulting in her developing a heat rash all over her body and hair loss. Then, on October 28, 2000, the persecutors sent Ms. Ju to the Xin'an Forced Labor Camp in Beijing.

Six years later, as Mr. Li was doing business at the Rizhuang Town Market in the morning of August 30, 2006, officer Li Shihua and others from the Rizhuang Town Police Station deceived him into going to the station and then took him into custody at the Laixi Police Department Detention Center. The police found the key to Mr. Li's home on him and ransacked it that same afternoon. Officers Zhang Luning, Sui Guoqin and others from the Rizhuang Town Police Station conducted the search. After that, these officers proceeded to search Mr. Li's office, but did not find anything they wanted.

While Mr. Li was in custody, Zhang Luning, Li Shihua and others interrogated him. The persecution led to the relapse of his hepatitis. Shortly after, Mr. Li was given a forced labor term, but was allowed to serve his term outside prison due to his precarious health.

On September 8, 2006, the authorities tried to sentence Mr. Li to two years of forced labor. They sent him to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo, but the camp officials refused to accept him because of his severe liver problem. However, the authorities implicated his relative, who had a private enterprise in Zibo. Officers from the Laixi City Police Department and the Laixi City 610 Office collaborated with officers from the Zhangdian District Police Department and from the Zhangdian District 610 Office, Zibo City on September 20, 2006. Under the guise of checking residential permits, they confiscated Falun Gong books from Mr. Li's relative's company, and took four employees into custody and interrogated them under torture.

Shen Tao from the Laixi Police Department and Wang Feiqiang from the Rizhuang Town Police Station arrested Mr. Li's wife Ms. Ju on October 24, 2006. She was held in custody for several days.

Due to constant harassment and persecution, Mr. Li had nowhere to turn. He tried numerous times to apply for a passport to go abroad, but was turned down each time. Within one month after his last application was rejected, Mr. Li's liver disease suddenly recurred. He died several days later, on November 29, 2009.