Name: Sheng Yanqin (盛彦勤)
Gender: Male
Age: about 40
Address: "8.1" Farm in Anda City, Heilongjiang Province (黑龙江省安达八一牧场)
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 16, 2009
Most recent place of detention:
Anda City Detention Center (安达市看守所)
City: Anda (安达市)
Heilongjiang (黑龙江省)
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, beatings, forced labor, home ransacked, extortion, torture, hung up, living under surveillance.

( (By a Clearwisdom correspondent in Heilongjiang Province) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Sheng Yanqin is from Anda City, Heilongjiang Province. Since the persecution began in July 1999, he has been harassed and persecuted numerous times.

On December 16, 2009, Mr. Sheng went to Qingkenpao town to hand out truth-clarification materials. He was illegally arrested, beaten and held in the Anda City Detention Center, leaving his 80-year-old father was home alone with no one to take care of him. His father went everywhere asking after his son, yet the detention center refused to let him visit him. Days of running around coupled with high anxiety almost gave his father a nervous breakdown, and he could not sleep.

In 2001, Mr. Sheng Yanqin and his brother Mr. Sheng Yanjun went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. They explained to an official that they have benefited physically and mentally from practicing Falun Gong. As a result, they were both sentenced to one year of forced labor and held in the Anda City Detention Center. At the time, the Town Political Legal Committee director Fu Guichun (now retired), Town Police Station Director Zheng Wanjin (now employed elsewhere) came to the Shengs' home and searched it without a warrant, in an attempt to find "evidence" to further persecute them. Fu Guichun demanded 10,000 yuan from the family. The elderly father cried, "I do not have any money." They replied, "If you do not have money, we will take your cow." They took the cow without giving a receipt for it. Before that, those corrupt officials had already extorted 1,000 yuan from the family, without issuing a receipt.

After the brothers had spent one year in the detention center and returned home, policemen from the city and the town kept harassing them at home. They had to live under surveillance which severely disturbed their lives, instilling great stress and fear in their family members.

In 2004, while explaining the facts about Falun Gong, Mr. Sheng Yanqin was falsely accused and sentenced to three years in a labor camp. He was held in the Suihua City Labor Camp. In order to force him give up his belief, the guards in the labor camp tortured him. He was subjected to beatings, put on the tiger bench, hung up by his hands, and he was severely abused mentally as well. Under the enormous pressure, his wife could not handle the situation anymore and divorced him.

After he was released three years later, the police kept harassing him at home. Policeman Shi Wei from the local police station went to his home numerous times.

In order to make a living, Mr. Sheng Yanqin had to work away from his hometown. Nonetheless, the local police still harassed his family and attempted to stop him from earning his livelihood. On September 26, 2009, current town Political Legal committee director Yu Lianpan, deputy director Dan Yu along with several policemen went to his home and demanded to know where Mr. Sheng Yanqin was. His father told them that he had gone to Shuangyashan to work. They told the father that he had to bring his son back. Since the father was already in his eighties, he asked them to go with him, but they told him to go by himself. The elderly father had to go himself and bring his son home. The reason behind this was absurd: the CCP was ready to celebrate its 60-year anniversary.

On December 15, 2009, policeman Shi Wei and another policeman came to the Shengs' home and asked the father, "Where is your son?" Father replied, "He went out." The two policemen began to search the home without a warrant. They found two Falun Gong books and a new cell phone. They took the books and the phone. The father told them the cell phone was his. Shi Wei said, "Since the cell phone was near the book we have to confiscate it." They left without leaving any receipt for the seized items.