Name: Liu Wen (刘文)
Gender: Male
Age: 47
Address: Banbidian Village, Dashiwo Town, Fangshan District, Beijing (北京市房山区大石窝镇半壁店村)
Occupation: Farmer
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 19, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: A prison in Hebei Province (unknown)
City: Zhuozhou
Province: Hebei
Persecution Suffered: Electric baton shocks, forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, beatings, imprisonment, torture, physical restraint, extortion, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

( (By a correspondent from Beijing) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Wen is a registered resident of Dongyangfang Village, Baichigan Township, Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province. After his marriage, he moved to Banbidian Village, Dashiwo Town, Fangshan District, Beijing. He and his wife raise diary cows to support their daughter's college education. On September 19, 2009, he took a bus to deliver milk and was stopped by a government employee at the Beijing Changgou Inspection Station. The official identified him as a Falun Dafa practitioner after locating his name on a blacklist and took him to Dashiwo Police Station.

Public Security Bureau officials, including Chang Guanhua, ransacked Mr. Liu's home when no one was in. When his wife returned, she found the home in disarray and her daughter's insurance card missing. The same night, she went to the Fangshan District Detention Center but was not allowed to visit her husband. She repeated her visits several times during the following days and around October 28-29, but was never allowed to see her husband. On November 2, 2009, she passed someone 100 yuan, who then told her that Mr. Liu was detained there.

Mr. Liu had previously been sentenced to three years of forced labor in 2000 and was detained at the Baoding City Balizhuang and Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camps in Tangshan City. At the Baoding Labor Camp he was subjected to violent brainwashing. The guards tied him to the dead person's bed for 17 days, shocked him with several electric batons at once, hitting him in the armpits and in the genitals. In 2003, Mr. Liu was taken to a forced labor camp for the second time and released at the end of 2004. After he had been home for only one month, the Chengguan Town police in the Fangshan District arrested him again on January 10, 2005, and took him to the brainwashing center at the Fangshan District 610 Office, located in Yuguanying Village, Liangxiang Town. He was tortured there for several months.

Liu Wen's wife has a heart condition and is home alone, having to take care of all the chores. Although he has already been detained for three months, Ms. Liu's family has not yet been allowed to visit him. Our sources report that Mr .Liu has been sentenced to prison again by the Zhuozhou City Court.

On December 26, 2009, their daughter called from school and said that the school administration was forcing her to pay 8-9 thousand yuan in fees to be allowed to take certain exams. Mr. Liu's wife instantly developed heart problems and almost died that night. She was hesitant to tell her daughter what was happening, not wanting to create additional pressure for the child.

On December 27, 2009, her daughter came home for a visit. She met officer Chang Guanhua at home, and found that her mother never heated the house although it was freezing. Chang asked why they did not heat the house, and the mother answered, "I have no money. We borrowed 30,000 to buy the cows, now my daughter needs 8-9 thousands yuan for school. It is snowing so hard, and Liu Wen's whereabouts are still unknown."