Name: Wang Zhihua (王志华)
Gender: Male
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 30, 2009
Most recent place of detention:
Hanling Township Detention Center, Anyang City (安阳市韩陵乡看守所)
City: Anyang
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, interrogation, hung up, beatings, home ransacking, extortion, sleep deprivation, physical constraint
Key Persecutors: Lu Jingming (卢晶明), Qin Zhide (秦志德)

( Linzhou City Domestic Security Division head Qin Zhide, along with several police officers, came to the Linzhou Detention Center on December 7, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. They took Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wang Zhihua to a disguised police van and drove to the city police headquarters basement entrance.

At a few minutes past 1:00 p.m., Qin Zhide forced Mr. Wang to stand on two thick wooden boards, and handcuffed one of his hands to a metal pipe above his head before removing the boards he was standing on. Mr. Wang's body was now suspended from his wrist, and his toes barely touched the ground. A few minutes later his hand went completely numb. He was suspended until 4:00 p.m. when the police released him.

Qin Zhide said, "The leaders in Anyang are especially concerned about your case. How could you not confess? Our leaders are waiting for the report on you!" One week earlier, a leader surnamed Zhang (female) questioned Mr. Wang for more than an hour at the detention center and ordered Qin Zhide before she left to interrogate Mr. Wang more frequently.

In September 25, 2009, on his way to transport merchandise using his own car, Qin Zhide and Yang Yiguo, both from the Linzhou Domestic Security Division, stopped Mr. Wang saying, "This car was stolen. Let's go to the police department and check." Mr. Wang argued, "I have the original receipt. There is no need to go to the police department." But they refused to listen and forcibly pushed Mr. Wang into the police vehicle and drove to the police office of the Domestic Security Division. Division head Qin Zhide and officer Yang Yiguo used torture to force a so-called confession, subjecting Mr. Wang to multiple injuries. The torture continued until 11:00 p.m. when they released him.

Earlier in the morning, Qin Zhide and eight other police officers searched Mr. Wang's home and his store, but failed to find anything. They found no evidence on his computers, and even a computer expert could not find any evidence of wrongdoing. Nevertheless Qin Zhide and his assistants confiscated three computers from Mr. Wang's store at 4:00 p.m.

On the morning of September 30, Qin Zhide, Li Mingchang and Yang Yiguo arrived at Mr. Wang's house and told him to claim his computers in the police office. Once at the police precinct, Yang Yiguo and a tall police officer suddenly began attacking him. They slapped his face repeatedly. They also deprived him of sleep for the entire night. Mr. Wang Zhihua was stripped of his clothes and shoes while being beaten.

Lu Jingming, head of the Anyang City Anti-Cult Office, led a group of policemen to torture and question Mr. Wang for three days, while these police officers took turns keeping him awake. Qin Zhide handcuffed one of Mr. Wang's hands to a metal pipe and another to a chair for an entire night. On October 2 at 10:00 p.m., Lu Jingming and others sent Mr. Wang to the Anyang Detention Center.

Mr. Wang's family was completely in the dark for eight days, not knowing what what happening to him. On October 10, Anyang Detention Center officials ordered his family to send clothes, shoes and a blanket for him, but denied visitation. On October 21, under Lu Jingming's supervision, Chang Zhanglin, Wang Taiji, and Li Mingchang escorted Mr. Wang to Linzhou for continued persecution. The officers blindfolded him while in route to the new location.

Lu Jingming was behind many violent attacks. Encouraged by Lu, Qin Zhide shouted one day while attacking Mr. Wang, "So why I am beating you up! The Communist Party tells us to "strike hard." If we don't hit you, how could we strike hard?"

Chang Zhanglin and Wang Taiji delivered an arrest warrant for Mr. Wang Zhihua at the detention center on the afternoon of November 3, 2009. His "crime" was "undermining law enforcement." The police representatives were Chang Zhanglin and Wang Taiji, and the approving official was Zhang Shizhong.

Mr. Wang Zhihua was transferred to Anyang City Hanling Township Detention Center on December 11, 2009, without his family being informed. His clothes and blankets were left behind until December 21, when the police finally ordered his family to fetch these items.

Mr. Wang's family hired a lawyer, but Linzhou Domestic Security Division officials lobbied hard with the justice department to deny Mr. Wang's right to defend his innocence.

Primary abusers and persecutors:
Lu Jingming, Anyang City Anti-[slanderous term omitted] Office head: 86-13513831888
Li Wei, Anyang Domestic Security Division head: 86-13837283858
Zhang Shizhong, Linzhou City police head: 86-13803726699, 86-372-6070001 (Office), 86-372-2516699 (Home)
Qin Zhide, Linzhou City Domestic Security Division head: 86-13937267904, 86-372-6818476
Chang Zhanglin, police officer: 86-13569023028, 86-372-6070310, 86-372-6833028
Wang Taiji, police officer: 86-13503973707
Li Mingchang, police officer: 86-13083856442