Name: Ding Hairong(丁海荣)
Age: 49
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Pharmacy Owner
Date of Most Recent Arrest: November 5, 2006
Most recent place of detention: Changchun Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp(长春黑嘴子劳教)
City: Changchun City
Province: Jilin Province
Persecution Suffered: Forced Labor
Key Persecutors: Yang Lizhu

( Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Ding Hairong is a pharmacy owner. In November 2006, she was arrested by police officer Yang Lizhu and others from the local police station because she clarified the truth of Falun Gong to her customers. In December 2006, she was sent to the Changchun Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp and suffered from the persecution in the forced labor camp for a year.

Below is Ding Hairong's description regarding the persecution she suffered in the forced labor camp.

I was arrested by police officer Yang Lizhu and others from the Huangqijie Police Station in Chuanying District, Jilin City on November 5, 2006. I was 46 years old at the time.

It was about 4pm in the afternoon. Four police officers, including officer Yang Lizhu, broke into my pharmacy and arrested me with the fabricated charge of "disturbing social order" because I clarified the truth and passed out Falum Gong materials to my customers. They confiscated my pharmacy and took away Dafa books, two sets of discs of Master's Teaching the Fa in Guangzhou, Minghui Weekly, Zhengjian Weekly, and other materials.

After they took me to the police station, they asked me from where I had gotten the books and materials. I did not answer their questions. They asked me to sign my name and I again refused. About 8pm that night, they sent me to the basement of the Chuanying District Police Department and locked me in an iron cage for two days and nights without providing me any food or water. On November 7th at about 5pm, they transferred me to the Jilin City Detention Center and illegally detained me at the detention center for 27 days. On December 5, 2006, they sent me to the Changchun Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp and persecuted me at the forced labor camp for a year.

After I was sent to the forced labor camp, the police forced me to write the so-called "five agreements" (documents to renounce the practice of Falun Dafa, etc.) and tried to force me to give up cultivating Falun Dafa. I refused. On December 13th, the forced labor camp team leader Hou Moumian hit my face and scolded me when he saw me. I still did not give up cultivation of Dafa.

In the forced labor camp, I was forced to do slave labor every day. Sometimes when I could not finish the work, I was forced to work overtime at night. It was painful and exhausting. My mom's uncle was very worried since I was sent to the forced labor camp for a year. He could not eat, drink nor sleep well. On May 4, 2007, he had a severe stroke and passed away at the age of 67. My relatives were so afraid that I could not take the very sad news that they did not tell me.

Since I was sent to the forced labor camp for a year, my pharmacy could not operate normally, until November 11, 2007, when my younger sister picked me up from the forced labor camp.