(Clearwisdom.net) Editors' note: In both Western and Chinese cultures, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The universe will reward acts that are in harmony with this principle, while doing things such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

Sun Chunwang, a male in his 40s, used to work in the Township of Dazhuang in Yinan County, Shandong Province, and was later promoted to work in the Sports Committee of Yinan County. Since July 20, 1999, Sun began following the CCP's orders to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. At that time, Sun was the Deputy Executive of the Township of Dazhuang, who meted out malicious acts of persecution upon Dafa practitioners. Not only did he beat and shout randomly, but he also stripped the clothes off female practitioners or used an electric baton to shock male practitioners' genitals. Falun Gong practitioners repeatedly tried to dissuade him persecuting kind people who follow Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Nevertheless, no matter what practitioners said to try to convince him, he never took heed.

Within a few years, Sun's involvement in persecuting practitioners led to his promotion to work in the Sports Committee of Yinan County. However, not long after that, he was entangled by all kinds of serious illnesses, such as high blood pressure and over 104 ºF (40 ºC) constant body temperature. He later became paralyzed and turned into a complete vegetable in the County Hospital. There were big chunks of ice covering his body to bring down the fever and an oxygen supply tube sustained his breathing. He finally passed away on August 12, 2009.

We hope that this story will arouse people's consciences--especially of those police officers, prosecutors, and legislators--and stop the persecution of Falun Gong immediately.

September 11, 2009