Name: Ma Yan(马燕)
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 6, 2007
Most recent place of detention:
Shandong Province Zibo No. 2 Women's Forced Labor Camp(淄博女二所)
City: Zibo City
Shandong Province
Persecution Suffered:
Home Ransacked, Extortion, Imprisonment, Beatings, Torture
Key Persecutors:
Li Jianbin(李建彬): Head of the 610 Office in Changyi County, Weifang City, Shandong Province

( (By a Minghui journalist from Shandong Province) At about 9 a.m. on August 28, 2009, when Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Ma Yan was not at home, Li Jianbin, Head of the 610 Office in Changyi, Weifang City, Shandong Province, and several other policemen under him broke into her home, searched it, and took away her cell phone SIM card.

On the afternoon of September 4, one week after the break-in, when Ms. Ma was again not at home, Li Jianbin combed through her house and took 1,800 yuan, the only money she had to support herself and pay her bills.

In early 2003, her home was robbed by police while she was detained in Changyi Detention Center. The police stayed in her home for about a month and stole almost all her belongings. They only left the dirty bedding they had used, a destroyed wardrobe, cigarette ends, and wine bottles.

On September 6, 2007, Ms. Ma was illegally arrested by Li Jianbin and his underlings when she was at home. They hit her in the face, used a towel to muffle her mouth, and handcuffed her behind her back. Police officer Han from the 610 Office took 1,500 yuan she kept in the night stand; around 2,000 yuan from under the bed; and 6,000 yuan from her backpack and kept it all to himself. He went back and forth several times to move Ms. Ma's personal belongings. He ordered another police officer to put her against the north wall and force her to face it, so that she wouldn't see them taking away her stuff. In this robbery alone, the police took money and property belonging to Ms. Ma worth about 100,000 yuan in total.

Ma Yan was then held in Changyi Detention Center for eleven days. She was tortured until she could not eat or drink, and threw up blood. Although she had already been brutally treated, Li Jianbin sent her to Shandong Province Zibo No. 2 Women's Forced Labor Camp for further torture. During the whole process, from combing through her home to confiscating her personal belongings, Ma Yan didn't know anything. No legal procedures were followed, there were no warrants produced when her home was searched and her property confiscated, and there was no detention statement.

During her detention, Ms. Ma Yan endured brutal torture, which caused her several disorders, such as gastric disease, cancer, liver cirrhosis, problems with her spleen, heart disease, esophagus varicosis, and leukemia. Whatever she ate, she would throw it up. The cancer spread, liver cirrhosis was at a late stage together with swelling, and her spleen grew five inches larger than normal.

The police saw that Ms. Ma was near death, so they stopped torturing her and sent her back to Li Jianbin. They told Li Jianbin that Ms. Ma could only survive a few more days. Later, Chen Suping, the section chief of the forced labor camp, passed by Changyi County. When she heard that Ma Yan was still alive by being steadfast in practicing Falun Dafa, without taking any medicine or getting any medical treatment, she was so astonished that she blurted out, "She is still alive?"

One month later after Ms. Ma was released, she dragged her ill body and climbed to the south section of the third floor of Changyi Police Station. Her stomach was so big she looked like she was seven or eight months pregnant. She asked Li Jianbin to return her personal property. Without letting her finish her sentence, Li Jianbin shouted at her rudely, "When you recover, I will send you back to the forced labor camp!" He then attempted to get the security custody clerks to take her away. When they didn't do anything, he told her to go home and promised that he would go to her home in ten days. However, Zhu from Domestic Security Division, officers from Duchang Police Station, and Duchang Street Committee members went to Ms. Ma's parents' home to harass and threaten the old couple. From February 2008 to May 2009, there were more than eight incidents of harassment.

In late July 2009, at round 4 p.m., Li Jianbin abetted policemen Han, Yang Lanbo, Cao Shouwen, and another man and woman to arrest Ma Yan on Deming Street outside People's Hospital. They robbed her of 99 yuan that she was going to use to pay her utilities. They even stole her statement for the utilities. Han arrogantly said to her, "This is confiscated." Due to the violence and the mental shock, Ma Yan had a heart attack. She had difficulty breathing and vomited white foam.

During the three years, Li Jianbin knew that Ms. Ma almost could no longer be self-reliant and that her life was in danger. She had lost the ability to work and had a lot of debt to pay off. He also knew that she was now running an electro-tricycle, the only way she had to sustain her life. He was also sure that the reason that Ma Yan could survive was because she practiced Falun Dafa. However, he continuously incited his underlings and Communist party members from other governmental departments to persecute Ma Yan.

During the most recent three months, he robbed Ma Yan of her personal belongings twice. Especially in recent weeks, he did all these things in the presence of her neighbors. As a single woman, Ma Yan stayed at her parents' home. Now, due to the persistent harassment and threats, her parents have had to ask her to leave.

Given all the evil deeds Li Jianbin has done, Ms. Ma alerted her neighbors that if there was anything wrong with her, no matter at home or elsewhere, Li Jianbin would be the one responsible. Li Jianbin was directly in charge of persecuting her.

It is hoped that the World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong will place this case on file to investigate Li Jianbin, head of the Changyi 610 Office, and pay attention to the endangerment of Ms. Ma's life.

Changyi Police Station, Weifang City, Shandong Province: 86-536-7211932

Changyi 610 Office: 86-536-7211559

Related article:

Torture endured by Ma Yan in Changyi Detention Center and Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Shandong Province (Chinese version)