Name: Cheng Wenxian(程文献)
Age: 57
Address: Qiansongyuan Village, Boli Township, Jiaonan City, Shandong Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: October 2008
Most recent place of detention: Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, Zibo City, Shandong Province(淄博王村劳教所)
City: Zibo City
Province: Shandong Province
Persecution Suffered: Beatings, Hung Up, Electric Shock, Solitary Confinement, Physical Restraint

( (By a Minghui correspondent from Shandong Province) In October 2008, Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Cheng Wenxian was arrested while he was telling people the facts about Falun Gong in Xuzhou City. He is being illegally detained in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City. This is the second time that Mr. Cheng had been detained in a forced labor camp. Previously he was in Dashan Forced Labor Camp in Qingdao City for three years.

In order to avoid being persecuted by the police in his hometown, Mr. Cheng left home and went to Xuzhou City. He was brought back by the police from the 610 Office in Jiaonan City after he was arrested in Xuzhou City and taken to the Jiaonan City Detention Center. His family wanted to visit him and take him some clothes when they learned of his arrest, but they were not allowed to see him. They had to leave his clothes and return home. In January 2009, his family members tried to visit him again in the detention center, but they were told that he had already been transferred to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City. They do not know when he was sent to the camp or how long he has been there.

On June 6, 2009, Mr. Cheng's family went to Wangcun No.2 Forced Labor Camp to visit him. However, the labor camp authorities refused to allow them to visit, using the excuse of possible H1N1 flu virus transmission. Mr. Cheng's current whereabout remains unknown to his family. They are very worried about his personal safety.

Mr. Cheng Wenxian is 57 years old. He lived in Qiansongyuan Village, Boli Township, Jiaonan City, Shandong Province. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1996 and became stronger and healthier. He was very nice, and all that knew him regarded him as a decent person. On July 20, 1999, the CCP began to persecute Falun Gong. To defend the practice, Mr. Cheng peacefully appealed for Falun Gong. As a result, he was repeatedly persecuted by officers from Boli Town Police Station and the 610 Office in Jiaonan City. He was brutally arrested and detained eight times and sentenced to forced labor twice. His house has been ransacked by the police more than ten times. He has suffered both physically and psychologically.

On September 21, 2000, he and fellow practitioners planned to go to Beijing to peacefully appeal for Falun Gong. However, just after they arrived at the Jiaozhou City Rail Station and bought tickets for Beijing, the policemen at the station found their names on a blacklist. As a result, they were arrested and taken to the Jiaonan City Detention Center. Even though no legal procedures were followed, they were detained there for 15 days. Since Mr. Cheng refused to denounce his belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and wouldn't write a Guarantee Statement, he was summarily transferred to Dashan Forced Labor Camp in Qingdao City and detained there for three years. During that time, no one informed his family about his whereabouts.

In the labor camp, he refused to be "transformed." Since he refused to write the Three Statements, he was brutally tortured in many different ways by the criminals and wardens at the camp. He was beaten, shocked with electric batons, beaten while handcuffed, restrained on an iron chair, and kept in isolation, etc. The camp extended his term of his imprisonment and didn't release him until February 2004.

Mr. Cheng became very weak after being brutally tortured for several years. He couldn't even walk by himself. After he was released from the camp, he didn't own any land to cultivate, have a job, or any income. Later on, he persevered in practicing the five exercises and studying the Fa. As a result, he recovered very soon and was able to make a living by himself by selling fresh fruit.

Mr. Cheng wrote letters to authorities at different levels of the administration, including the county level, the city level, the provincial level, and even to chairman, Hu Jintao, telling them that Falun Dafa is good, that Falun Gong practitioners are good people who follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and they are always good citizens who observe self discipline and obey the law. The principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance are beneficial for any country and any society in the world and do no harm at all. In his letters, he also recounted how he had been tortured in the forced labor camp.

As a result, officers from Boli Town Police Station and the 610 Office in Jiaonan City repeatedly arrested him and interrogated him and even beat him many times. His house was ransacked repeatedly. Mr. Cheng went on hunger strikes to protest his illegal detention and, since they couldn't find any evidence, Mr. Cheng finally was released.

In the Spring of 2008, police officers followed him when he was telling people the truth about Falun Gong. They arrested him and took him to Boli Township Police Station. He was detained there for five days. He went on a hunger strike to protest, and later on, he was released. In order to avoid further persecution and frequent harassment from the local 610 Office and police station, he had to leave his hometown and become homeless. Later on, he was again arrested in Xuzhou City.

610 Office at Jiaonan City:
Person in charge Sun Aiyun: 86-13325019260(Cell);

Jiaonan City Detention Center: 86-532-88180060;

Jiaonan Boli Police Station: 86-532-84181601,86-532-84181074.