Name: Yin Sirong (尹思荣)
Gender: Male
Age: 50
Address: Chengdu, Sichuan
Occupation: Metal Worker
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 31, 2009
Most recent place of detention: Xishanping Forced Labor Camp (西山坪劳教所)
City: Chongqing
Persecution Suffered: Forced Labor, Imprisonment, Force-Feedings, Detention

Key Persecutors: Police Branch in Wanzhou District - Police Officer No.116852 - Tel.86-23-58233933 (Office), Wang Hongjie (Female) 86-13709434949 (Cell)

( Mr. Yin Sirong, a practitioner from Chengdu city was illegally arrested by police officers from Wanzhou District Public Security Bureau, on July 31, 2009, while he was at the home of another practitioner in Chongqing city. He has been on hunger strike ever since. At the time when the police submitted an application to send Mr. Yin to a forced labor camp, they also refused his lawyer's request to meet with him, stating that they were still awaiting confirmation that the person arrested was in fact Mr. Yin Sirong. On September 3, 2009, Mr. Yin was sentenced to the notorious Xishanping Forced Labor Camp.

Mr. Yin's family have not been able to see him since his arrest and are very concerned for his safety. His lawyer is currently in contact with the Forced Labor Bureau of Chongqing to request that his family be allowed to visit him, which is permitted under Chinese law.

Repeatedly persecuted for 10 years

On January 1, 2000, Mr. Yin went to Beijing to appeal for an end to the persecution, but was arrested at the Appeals Office. He was detained in the Chengdu Municipal government head office in Beijing for one day, and then was taken back to Chengdu, where he was imprisoned for an additional two days in Qingyang District Youth Detox Center. He was then transferred to Fuqinglu Police Station in Chengdu for 15 days. Since his release, he had been re-arrested at least half a dozen times, and detained for a duration of 15 days each time.

In March 2000, Mr. Yin was forced to leave his home to avoid further persecution. In December 2000, he was arrested, by police officers, while on a bus. He was sentenced to three years in Xinhua Forced Labor Camp where he was subjected to all kinds of torture.

Within just a few months of his release, on April 2004, a dozen police officers from the Domestic Security Division of Chengdu City and Fuqinglu Police Station, surrounded the apartment where he worked and tried to arrest him, but luckily Mr. Yin managed to escape.

Mr. Yin Sirong started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. He applied the principles of Truthfulness- Compassion-Forbearance to his everyday life and had benefited, mentally and physically, from the practice. However, since July 20, 1999, Mr. Yin has been periodically subjected to persecution by the Chinese Communist Party right up to his recent labor camp sentence.

September 5, 2009