(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Ms. Wang Renxiang, in her sixties, was arrested by the police from the Putuo Police District Department and the Changshou Road Police Station, and held at the Putuo District Detention Center (at 55, Lane 555, Liuyuan Road). She has been sentenced to one year of forced labor.

In the past, Ms. Wang Renxiang had surgery for a tumor in her ear and had many chronic illnesses. Luckily, she began to practice Falun Dafa and her health gradually improved. She followed the teachings of Dafa. Everyone thought she was a wonderful person.

Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began its suppression of Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. Wang has been arrested and persecuted four times. This latest time she was persecuted for no apparent reason, and both her husband and daughter suffered a great deal as a result.

The first time Ms. Wang was persecuted was in June 2000. She was given two years of forced labor. Soon after her release, she was sent again for another two years of forced labor in September 2003, and was brutally tortured in the Shanghai Women's Forced Labor Camp. Because she refused to give up her belief in Falun Dafa, she was forced to stand with her face against a wall. The punishment went from 5 a.m. until 11 p.m., during which even restroom visits were restricted. The police ordered other inmates to verbally abuse Ms. Wang. Officer Jiang Yiqiong took the words from Falun Gong principles out of context in order to distort their meaning, and to try and force practitioners to give up their beliefs. Jiang sometimes combined this with physical torture. Whatever their ages, all practitioners were forced to work 15 to 16 hours a day. Many practitioners were badly traumatized both physically and psychologically, with some persecuted to death.

When she was released in 2005, Ms. Wang weighed only 80 lbs. Both her vision and hearing were badly deteriorated.

In August 2008, the CCP issued orders to arrest Falun Gong practitioners en masse using the excuse of "safeguarding" the security of the Olympics. Officers from the Changshou Road Police Station arrested Ms. Wang and detained her for a month in order to meet their quota. They dispatched several police cars and seven to eight officers to break into her house.