Name: Peng Guangrong (彭光荣)
Gender: Male
Age: 61
Address: Luohan Township, Shizhong District, Leshan City, Sichuan Province
Occupation: Retired railroad worker
Date of Death: November 2003
Date of Most Recent Arrest: 2003
Most recent place of detention: Shizhong District Drug Rehabilitation Center (乐山市市中区戒毒所)
City: Leshan
Province: Sichuan
Persecution Keywords: Electric Shock, Forced Labor, Beatings, Imprisonment, Torture

( (Correspondent from Sichuan Province) Mr. Peng Guangrong passed away in November, 2003, as a result of the persecution that he had suffered.

At the end of 1999, Mr. Peng and two other older practitioners were stopped and questioned by security officers as they walked down the street. They told the officers that they wanted to appeal for Falun Gong to the government, and the officials invited them to get into their vehicle. They did, thinking that the officials were offering them a ride. Instead, the police vehicle took them directly to the Shizhong District Drug Rehabilitation Center for incarceration.

To their surprise, there were many arrested Falun Gong practitioners being detained and brainwashed there. Mr. Peng knew firsthand the benefits of Falun Gong, so he kept telling others about his experiences. As punishment, Drug Rehabilitation Center Director Han whipped practitioners daily with a bamboo stick.

Because Mr. Peng never gave up his faith in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, he was arrested and detained either in a detention center or drug rehabilitation center from 1999 to 2003 three times. He was forced to sort through pig hair as a part of his punishment. The guards assaulted him with spiked clubs, shocked him with electric batons, and handcuffed and shackled him. The guards also ordered the prisoners to strike him repeatedly in the chest and spine.

In 2003, Mr. Peng was very weak upon being released, and he was covered with injuries all over his body. Mr. Peng had difficulties eating and drinking, and remained bedridden until his death. Under such conditions, officers from the Shuikou Police Station and Luohan Township officials still harassed him repeatedly, threatened his family, and withheld his retirement pension.

Before practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Luo Guangrong had severely injured his head and hands in a work-related accident. He had suffered chronic, severe pain for more than ten years. He perpetually felt dizzy, and his hands were not functioning, so he could not take care of himself. After he began cultivating in Falun Dafa in 1997, his crippled hands regained their health, enabling him to work again.

Written on August 20, 2009