Falun Gong practitioners Wu Yang and his wife, Sun Min, from Inner Mongolia, were illegally arrested in Beijing by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) police. Wu Yang was arrested while he was distributing Shen Yun Performing Arts DVDs in Beijing. Sun Min was arrested after her husband and died during a brutal interrogation in police custody. The police tampered with her postmortem examination report, claiming that she fell from her apartment window.

Ms. Sun Min

Ms. Sun Min's Body

Mr. Wu Yang and his wife, Ms Sun Min, from Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia, went to Beijing to avoid being harassed and persecuted by their local CCP officials. They lived at Jiaomenxili in the Fengtai District. At around 9:00 a.m. on April 22, 2009, Mr. Wu was distributing Shen Yun Performing Arts DVDs at a "Shoe City" store in the Xuanwu District. He was reported by the security guard and arrested by officers from the Niujie District Police Station.

In order not to implicate his family members and landlord, Mr. Wu only told the police he distributed more than 2,000 Shen Yun Performing Arts DVDs, but did not give his name and address. The police discovered Wu Yang's home address by tracking a cell phone conversation with his wife and using other information. On the afternoon of April 22 , the police arrested Wu Yang's wife, Sun Min, and took her to the Xuanwu District Police Department. They interrogated the couple separately beginning at 3:00 or 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon. According to an insider, neither of them gave their names, hometown, or any other information [Note: Due to the CCP's policy of implicating and persecuting family members, friends, and work units, Falun Gong practitioners often refuse to reveal their name or address during police interrogations]. The police then tortured Sun Min to death.

High Resolution Picture

Ms. Sun Min and her daughter

High Resolution Picture

Mr. Wu Yang and his daughter

After Sun Min's death, the police claimed that she was found dead as a result of falling from her apartment building. They also claimed that they asked the Beijing Shengtang Medico-Legal Appraisal Institute to do the postmortem identification to prove that Sun Min's death corroborated their stated cause of death. However, Sun Min had wounds caused by an electric shock baton and injuries consistent with being beaten with a heavy object. But the postmortem examination report stated that all her injuries were caused by the fall. The report listed the severe wounds as light wounds and ignored the less severe injuries on the surface of the body. The examination only covered the surface of the body. No report of any internal examination was included. In a word, the report only covered the superficial wounds and tried to use that as evidence to prove that her death was caused by falling from a height, while covering up the real crime of what happened while she was in police custody. In order to deceive the public and avoid any responsibility, the police also went to the building where Sun Min and Wu Yang lived and fabricated a scene to make it appear that she had fallen to her death.

On the " Notice of Death" that the Fengtai Police Department sent to Ms. Sun Min's family, it stated, "At around 1:30 a.m. on April 23, 2009, Sun Min was found dead as a result of falling from a height at the south side of building No. 19 in the Chenxinyuan Residential Area, Jiaomenxili, Fengtai District, Beijing. We dealt with the body according to the appropriate rules and regulations. We asked the family to come to Beijing to deal with the issue as soon as possible. The contact person is Wang Zengbin, contact number is 010-88249210, 010-88248330."

Sun Min's family members met with Wang Zengbin. According to Wang, the police from the Xuanwu District handled everything before the death of Sun Min. After the death of Ms. Sun, he said he went to the site of her death in his capacity as a local police officer. He said that the police from the Xuanwu District went to the house where Mr. Wu Yang and Ms. Sun Min were staying around 10:00 or 11:00 p.m. on April 22. When they knocked on the door, Ms. Sun opened it, but she shut it once she saw that the people at the door were strangers. Wang said that about 10 minutes later the police from the Xuanwu Police Department found Ms. Sun's body outside the building. The cause of the death was reported as "a fall from the building."

Beijing Shengtang Medico-Legal Appraisal Institute's "Postmortem Examination Report" provided another death time than that listed on the Notice of Death. The report stated, "According to Cheng Xi from the Fengtai Police Sub-department, Beijing, at around 11:00 p.m. on April 22, 2009 Ms. Sun Min, 39 years old, (ID No. 150402196709180323 ) was found dead downstairs outside of 6-502, Building No. 19 , Jiaomenxili, Majiabao, Fengtai District, Beijing City."

The death notice and the contact person's statement and the postmortem examination report stated different times of death for Sun Min.

According to several people in Jiaomenxili in the Fengtai District, who knew the truth, around midnight on April 23, several individuals arrived at the Chenxinyuan Residential Area in the Jiaomenxili and claimed they were officer from Xuanwu District Police Department. They said they did not know Wu Yang's name and only had his photo. The police said they knew that he lived in that residential area, but they did not know the building or apartment number. Then they pretended to ask the property management company. The property management company asked the security guard to take the police to where Wu Yang lived. The security guard then left. About 10 minutes later, the police then claimed they "found" the "accident scene" on the other side of the building and claimed they found the body downstairs outside of 6-502, No.19 Building. They said a person who lived inside the room had jumped to the ground. But the officers did not follow emergency procedures. Instead, they just waited until the chief and officers from the Fengtai District Police Department arrived. They then took the photos of the scene and moved the body away.

From the photos the police took at the scene, Sun Min wore a hat and carried a bag. From the police report, there were bank deposit certificates, a bankcard, cash, a house key and other items in the bag. It appeared as if Sun Min was well prepared to go out, based on the police report. But according to the contact person, Wang Zengbin, Sun Min opened the door and then shut it The police did not go into the room. Also, it was midnight and the light was dim. The police did not witness her fall from the building, so how could they say that the dead person downstairs, who was well prepared, had jumped from Wu Yang's apartment? Also, in the refrigerated drawer at the Beijing Shengtang Medico-Legal Appraisal Institute, the surface of Ms. Sun's body was covered with frost. However, several severe wounds caused by being shocked with an electric baton, beaten with a heavy object and stabbed with a sharp object were still obvious on the upper body, head, neck, shoulders, wrists, and hands. Her hair was also messy. How can the police explain this?

According to those familiar with postmortem examination techniques, if a person falls from a height, the height of the fall and the location where the body hit the ground can be calculated. The higher the person jumps from, the further away from the building the body will land, which is proportional. But based on the so-called "accident site" photos, the body was very close to the building, not where it should have been had she actually fallen from the fifth floor window.

The police only showed the photos to Sun Min's family for a few seconds. Her family asked to make copies of the photos, but the police did not allow them to.

Moreover, on the postmortem identification report provided by the Beijing Shengtang Medico-Legal Appraisal Institute, the registered starting date for storage of Sun Min's body was April 22. The workers in the body storage section of the institute said, "The body was directly transported to our institute and stored at our section. The postmortem examination was also done here. We received the body on April 22, so we started to charge the body storage fee as of April 22." It means that Sun Min's body was transported to the Beijing Shengtang Medico-Legal Appraisal Institute on April 22. The scenario fabricated by the CCP police took place on April 23, early in the morning.

Related articles: