Additional Persecution News from China - July 8, 2009 (22 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 15 cities or counties in 9 provinces. In this report, 15 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 25 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Songyuan, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Fengyun Missing Since the 2008 Olympics
- [Chengdu, Sichuan Province]Ms. Deng Zhongsu's Whereabouts Unknown
- [Baishan, Jilin Province] Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp Keeps Sun Chengdao Past the Expiration of His Term
- [Xiantao City, Hubei Province] Ms. Wang Xianzhi's Whereabouts Unknown Since She Was Taken to the Wuhan Brainwashing Center
- [Beijing] Mr. Wang Runcheng Captured and Detained
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Three Practitioners Sentenced
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Liu Xinxia Transferred to Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp
- [Dalian, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Renfeng's Whereabouts Unknown
- [Xianing, Hubei Province] Ms. Huang Meiying and Ms. Huang Qiuzhen Arrested
- [Dalian, Liaoning Province] Ms. Xin Yuanyuan Arrested on July 5, 2009; Whereabouts Unknown
- [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Mr. Qi Qingyuan, Detained at the Dongling Prison; Denied Family Visitation
- [Chengde, Hebei Province] Mr. Liu Mingrui Seized by Police
- [Changsha, Hunan Province] Ms. Yu Aili and Her Husband Detained
- [Xingtang County, Hebei Province] Mr. Qian Yuzhong and Mr. Wang Sheng in Critical Condition in Jidong Prison
- [Hunan Province] Mr. Yi Guobiao Captured
- [Boli County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Xia Detained for One Month
- [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Ms. Liao Shuzhen Arrested
- [Huainan City, Anhui Province] Mr. Meng Qingguo and Mr. Li Hanqing Held in Shijiadian Detention Center
- [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Lihua in Detention for Over Three Months
- [Chongqing] Additional Information Regarding the Arrest of Ms. Li Yuqun
- [Mudanjiang, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Ge Zhifu Arrested with His Wife and Mother
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] 12 Practitioners Captured by Huanghelu Police Station Agents
1. [Songyuan, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Fengyun Missing Since the 2008 Olympics
Ms. Zhang Fengyun, in her 60s, went missing last summer. Her whereabouts remain unknown.
2. [Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Ms. Deng Zhongsu's Whereabouts Unknown
Ms. Deng, 60, is retired from the Pancheng Steep Group in the Qingbaijiang District, Chengdu. She was twice sent to forced labor camps between 2000 and 2005. Ms. Deng was arrested again in 2008 and kept in the Huaqiao Town Brainwashing Center for six months. Following her release she went to visit her hometown on May 4, 2009. Pancheng Steep Group 610 Office agents knew of her plans and sent people to follow her. She still has not returned home, and no one knows where she is.
3. [Baishan, Jilin Province] Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp Officials Keep Sun Chengdao Past the Expiration of His Term
Mr. Sun is from Beigang Town, Fusong County, Baishan City. Local police ransacked his home in July 2008 and took him to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. His term expired not long ago, but camp officials refused to release him and, as has been learned, are plotting to extend his term.
4. [Xiantao City, Hubei Province] Ms. Wang Xianzhi's Whereabouts Unknown Since She Was Taken to the Wuhan Brainwashing Center
5. [Beijing] Mr. Wang Runcheng Captured and Detained
Mr. Wang Runcheng is from the Chaoyang District in Beijing. He once worked as an assistant at the Hebei Province Medical Research Institute and later as chief engineer for the Nongken Group in Beijing. He was arrested in Kaifeng, Henan Province ,in 2006 and detained in a forced labor camp for two years. He was released in September 2008. Earlier this year the police went to ransack his home and found an MP3 player. They took him away and held him in the Chaoyang District Detention Center.
6. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Three Practitioners Sentenced
Mr. Fu Zhenyong, Ms. Jing Xiuling, and Mr. Zhou Heli were illegally arrested in October 2008 and sent to the Zhengzhou Second Detention Center. On April 1, 2009, Zhongyuan District Court officials put the three practitioners on trial and levied heavy sentences. Mr. Fu was sentenced to 9 years, Mr. Zhou to 4.5 years, and Ms. Jing to 3 years.
7. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Liu Xinxia Transferred to Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp
Agents from Erqi Police Branch, the Xinmi Police Station, and the Houzhai Police Station broke into the home of 41-year-old Ms. Liu Xinxia on May 12, 2009, at noon. They confiscated all her Dafa materials. Having held her at a police station for some time, they then transferred her to Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp.
8. [Dalian, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Renfeng's Whereabouts Unknown
Ms. Liu Renfeng lives on Xiuyue Street in the Zhongshan District. Agents from the Xigang Police Precinct arrested her recently. No one knows her whereabouts.
9. [Xianing City, Hubei Province] Ms. Huang Meiying and Ms. Huang Qiuzhen Arrested
Ms. Huang Meiying (in her 70s) and Ms. Huang Qiuzhen were clarifying the facts near a riverbank on July 4, 2009, at around 9:00 p.m., when someone reported them. Agents from the Sanhaoqiao Police Station came and them to the station. The police interrogated them and confiscated all their belongings, including cell phones, over 300 yuan in cash, and an MP4 player. Policeman Jin Guoxing and others ransacked Ms. Huang Meiying's home and confiscated all her Dafa books. The next day Jin went to check Ms. Huang Meiying's home again, this time confiscating a computer.
10. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Xin Yuanyuan Arrested on July 5, 2009; Whereabouts Unknown
11. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Qi Qingyuan, Incarcerated in the Dongling Prison; Denied Family Visitation
12. [Chengde, Hebei Province] Mr. Liu Mingrui Seized
Longhua County Domestic Security Brigade captain Wang Shumin and several
policemen broke into Mr. Liu Mingrui's home and arrested him on July 1. They
also confiscated one computer.
Wang Shumin: 86-13722360665
Policeman He Guochun: 86-13831424230
13. [Changsha, Hunan Province] Ms. Yuan Aili and Her Husband Detained
Ms. Yuan Aili and her non-practitioner husband were taken away on July 5, 2009, in the evening. The couple are currently being held in the Changsha County Detention Center.
14. [Xingtang County, Hebei Province] Mr. Qian Yuzhong and Mr. Wang Sheng in Critical Condition in Jidong Prison
Mr. Qian Yuzhong, 58, is from Xingtang County. He was sentenced to seven years' incarceration and imprisoned in Division Four of Jidong Prison. The night of July 4, 2009, his blood pressure shot up to 200, and he briefly lost consciousness.
Mr. Wang Sheng, 62, is from Chicheng County, Zhangjiakou City. He was sentenced to three years. After being held in Chicheng Detention Center for one year he was transferred to Team Two of Division Five at Jidong Prison in July 2009. He is pale and weak from torture. Not only that, he is suffering from severe leukemia.
15. [Hunan Province] Mr. Yi Guobiao Captured
Mr. Yi Guobiao from Longfengshan, Ning Village, was arrested in June 2009 while clarifying the facts. He is now in Laodaohe Brainwashing Center in Changsha City.
16. [Boli County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Xia Detained for One Month
Ms. Zhang, 45, is from Donggang Village, Boli County. Someone reported her
while she distributed informational materials in Shengli Village in the evening
on May 23, 2009. Agents from Qingshan Police Station arrested her on the spot
and ransacked her home the next day. They confiscated truth-clarification CDs
and two portraits of Master. Ms. Zhang was taken to the Boli County Detention
Center. Six months later she was transferred to a prison, where she remains.
Dan Baocai: 86-13946532899
Liu Jincai: 86-13349321023
Cao Hui of Qingshan Police Station: 86-13846401333
17. [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Ms. Liao Shuzhen Arrested
Ms. Liao Shuzhen was arrested while clarifying the facts on March 13, 2009, and is still in a detention center.
18. [Huainan City, Anhui Province] Mr. Meng Qingguo and Mr. Li Hanqing Held in Shijiadian Detention Center
19. [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Lihua in Detention for Over Three Months
Ms. Liu Lihua is from the Fushan District, Yantai City. She clarified the facts in her hometown on March 24, 2009, and someone reported her. Kaifa District Domestic Security Brigade police and Fushan District 610 Office head Mu Qidong arrested her and later ransacked her home. She was taken to the Kaifa District Second Detention Center, where she has been for over three months. Her husband has tried numerous times to visit her and send her clothes, but has been turned down every time he goes to the detention center. Ms. Liu was arrested and detained several times in the past and suffered from various kinds of tortures.
Kaifa District Second Detention Center: 86-535-6386116
Police Department Chief Wu Weigang: 86-535-6387707, 86-535-6883336; 86-13306383336
20. [Chongqing ] Additional Information Regarding the Arrest of Ms. Li Yuqun
Ms. Li Yuqun, 67, lives in Chongqing's Nanan District. As she was clarifying the facts on Nanbin Street early in the morning on June 12, 2009, six officers from the Nanbin Street Police Station arrived and arrested her. Late that night, the police ransacked her home and confiscated Dafa books and truth clarification materials. About two hours later, she was taken sent to the Nanan District Detention Center. Ms. Li managed to escape two weeks later with the power of her righteous thoughts.
21. [Mudanjiang, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Ge Zhifu Arrested with His Wife and Mother
Mr. Ge Zhifu is from the Ningan District in Mudanjiang. He was arrested on July 7, 2009, together with his wife and mother.
22. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] 12 Practitioners Captured by Huanghelu Police Station Officials
Acting on tips, seven officers from the Huanghe Street Police Station in the
Xigang District raided the home of Ms. Shi Guixiang the afternoon of July 4,
2009. They arrested her and all eleven practitioners who were visiting her at
the time. When family members went to the police station to demand the
practitioners' release, they were told these practitioners were no longer
there. We assume they might have been sent to the Yaojia Detention Center.
Huanghe Street Police Station: 86-411-83789221