(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Yuan Yuchun is from Zhongchang Village, Jinzhou District, Dalian City, Shandong Province. She recovered fully from a number of severe chronic illnesses after she began practicing Falun Gong. She is very grateful to Falun Dafa, but she has been persecuted for her belief ever since the Chinese Communist Party began persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999. The following is her own account of her persecution.

On July 24, 1999, the local police came to my home and seized my Falun Dafa books and tapes, along with a photo of Master Li. On September 25, I went to the Appeals Office in Beijing but was arrested before I was able to present my case. On October 30, I was transferred to the Jinzhou Shanli Detention Center in my hometown.

In November 2000, I was arrested for distributing Falun Gong flyers and again imprisoned at the Jinzhou Shanli Detention Center. They shackled my wrists and ankles to the four corners of a metal frame. This prevented me from standing up or lying down, and I had to bend over at a 90-degree angle to walk, or more accurately, to move one small step at a time. I had to depend on others in order to eat, drink, or use the bathroom. This lasted 24 hours a day for over ten days. I went on a hunger strike to protest the torture, but the guards retaliated by force-feeding me with heavily salted food. Du, the center director, once added two extra handfuls of salt to the cornstarch, which was already heavily salted, and watched as I was force-fed with it. He said that they would not give me water even if it meant that I would die of thirst. I was force-fed once a day, and my body became darker, colder, and stiffer as a result. After about ten days, I could not straighten my body, legs, arms, or fingers without difficulty. I looked like a woman on her deathbed. They must have thought that I was dying, because they released me on December 12, 2000.

During that time, salty mucous would frequently drip from my nose and mouth. On January 15, 2001, I began to vomit pus that had a terrible smell. It came out of both my nose and mouth. I did not seek medical treatment but studied the Fa and practiced the Falun Gong exercises daily. It took almost a month before I began to recover.

In February 2001, my child came home with her aunt to pick up her clothes. Wang Yanhua, director of the Zhongchang Village, saw them and called the police. Several minutes later, officers from the Zhongchang Police Station came and arrested them. The police interrogated them separately at the station and threatened them in order to learn about my activities. After this experience, my child was too frightened to come home again.

In August 2001, I was arrested for praising Falun Dafa. The police took me to a hospital, surrounded the room, and kept the doctors away. Then a doctor came in with a handful of fine filiform needles. A police officer asked whether I knew this doctor and said that I would be scared to death if I did. The doctor inserted many of these needles deeply into my acupuncture points and left them there. In an attempt to force me to give up my belief, he manipulated the needles in the most sensitive points, like the Renzhong point (under the nose), while a police officer threatened me. But their attempt failed. The police changed their strategy the following day. They called in all the doctors and nurses in the hospital, told them that I was insane, and ordered them to give me a psychological evaluation. But I used the opportunity to clarify the facts and tell them about the majesty of Falun Dafa. As I spoke, the doctors and nurses realized that I was normal. Some even nodded as they listened to me talk. They halted the evaluation, and I was released.

Someone told me and my husband that the police had paid our neighbor to spy on us. One day about two years ago, someone, I do not know who, spoke to one of my relatives. I do not know what he said, but my relative appeared very frightened and asked me to meet him in another place. When I went there to meet him, I saw police officers and agents from the 610 Office, so I fled. My husband and I left our home and have had to live far from our families.

May 29, 2009