Additional Persecution News from China - June 3, 2009 (14 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 11 cities or counties in 7 provinces. In this report, 33 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 10 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Zouping County, Shandong Province] Mr. Ma Nianzhi Arrested
- [Beijing] Ms. Jiao Yuxiang Arrested
- [Bozhou City, Anhui Province] Ms. Liu Shuqin Arrested
- [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Additional Information Regarding the Arrest of Several Practitioners
- [Qianan City, Hebei Province] Many Falun Gong Practitioners Persecuted
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Yulan Arrested
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Ye Xiuhua Mistreated at the Xigemu Forced Labor Camp
- [Chongqing] Mr. Lai Yuanchang Sent to the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp
- [Chongqing] Persecution of Ms. Wang Xianhua, Mr. Chen Fu and Mr. Wang Xianan
- [Xiangtan City, Hunan Province] Information Regarding the Persecution of Several Practitioners
- [Beijing] Ms. Wang Lei Arrested
- [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Mr. Meng Qingtan Arrested
- [Jiaozuo City, Henan Province] Ms. Liu Suzhen and Ms. Wang Xiaoqing Arrested
- [Xuanhua District, Hebei Province] Mr. Wan Minghai, Ms. Feng Yanli, Ms. Yan Xiulian, and Ms. Liu Yongli Sent to Forced Labor Camps
1. [Zouping County, Shandong Province] Mr. Ma Nianzhi Arrested
Mr. Ma Nianzhi from Gouxi Village, Xidong Town, Zouping County is 67 years old. Officers from the Xidong Town Police Station and several plainclothes officers arrested him on May 27, 2009. He is now held at the Zouping County Detention Center.
Wang Xingjun, Zouping County Police Department head: 86-13906490080,
610 Office: 86-543-4360260
Liu Jiping, section head: 86-543-4360300, 86-543-4261867, 86-13905431777
Ren Luxing, detention center head: 86-13563091006
2. [Beijing] Ms. Jiao Yuxiang Arrested
Ms. Jiao Yuxiang from the Shunyi District is in her sixties. The police arrested her and ransacked her home on the evening of May 21, 2009.
3. [Bozhou City, Anhui Province] Ms. Liu Shuqin Arrested
Ms. Liu Shuqin from the Qiaocheng District, Bozhou City, Anhui Province was reported to the police when she was explaining Falun Gong to people in public on June 2, 2009. She is being held at the Xuege Police Station in the Qiaocheng District.
Xuege Police Station in the Qiaocheng District: 86-558-5523771
4. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Additional Information Regarding the Arrest of Several Practitioners
Practitioners Ms. Lang Shuying, Ms. Wang Xiaojuan and Ms. Liu Shuling who were arrested on April 14, 2009 returned home on May 29, 2009 with the power of righteous thoughts.
Mr. Wang Xiaojun, Mr. Zhang Lishuang, Mr. Liu Aihua, Mr. Yang Heping, and Ms. Qi Liping are still being held at the detention center. Wang Xiaojun, Zhang Lishuang and Liu Aihua are holding a hunger strike to protest the persecution.
5. [Qianan City, Hebei Province] Many Falun Gong Practitioners Persecuted
Fourteen practitioners were taken to the Qianan City Detention Center and brainwashing center. Another fourteen practitioners from Qianan City were arrested and taken to the Qianan City Detention Center and brainwashing centers.
Ms. Zhao Minghua, in her forties, is an elementary school teacher. She was arrested in 2007 and is still being detained.
Mr. Li Yankui, Zhao Minghua's husband, is in his forties. He was arrested in 2007 and is still being detained.
Ms. Cui Qingru, in her fortiess, is a laid-off worker from Qianan City Credit Cooperative. She was arrested in 2007 and is still being detained.
Mr. Li Qingsong, 37, an employee at the Agricultural and Economic Information Center, has been arrested many times.
Mr. Zhang Hewen, a retiree, is in his sixties. He was arrested in 2007 and is still being detained.
The following practitioners are also held at the detention center: Ms. Zhang Liqin, Ms. Li Xiuhua, Mr. Cai Youwang, Mr. Sun Jingsheng, and Mr. Shao Lianrong.
Practitioners held at the brainwashing center include Ms. Wang Xiaoping, Ms. Liu Xiaoyuan, and Mr. Zheng Zhixian.
6. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Yulan Arrested
Officers from Wusong Police Station in Heping District, Shenyang City arrested Ms. Wang Yulan from Shenyang City on the afternoon of May 31, 2009. She was transferred to an unknown location on the morning of June 1, 2009.
7. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Ye Xiuhua Mistreated at the Xigemu Forced Labor Camp
The head train conductor and several other officials arrested Ms. Ye Xiuhua on October 19, 1999, as she was reading the book Zhuan Falun on the train. The persecutors took her to the train depot security office. Xinxing Police Department 610 Office agents Zhang Heping and Bi Shuqing picked her up and transported her to Liulu, Qitaihe later that night. She was held there for 15 days. On the 16th day the persecutors transferred her to the No. 2 Qitaihe City Prison where she was held for two days. Following that, Ms. Ye was subjected to a six-day stay in a detention center. She was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp on November 13, 1999, and taken to the Xigemu Forced Labor Camp in Jiamusi City.
The camp guards savagely beat Ye Xiuhua, locked her in solitary confinement and shocked her with electric batons. They forced her to work 16 hours each day. They also tied up her with rope and injected her with nerve-damaging drugs. The drugs produced hallucinations, her temperature shot up, and she was anxious. She vomited, her thoughts were dulled and her eyesight became blurry.
8. [Chongqing] Mr. Lai Yuanchang Sent to the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Lai Yuanchang from Jiangjin, Chongqing was reported to the police while he was exposing the Chinese Communist Party's crimes to the public in Jiangjin on May 24, 2009. Officer Yuan Zhongxu from the Rentuo Police Station in Jiangjin arrested Lai Yuanchang and took him to the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing.
9. [Chongqing] Persecution and Gross Abuse of Ms. Wang Xianhua, Mr. Chen Fu and Mr. Wang Xianan
Ms. Wang Xianhua from Jiangjin, Chongqing is 38 years old. The police arrested her at her home on September 11, 2008, and took her to the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing.
Mr. Chen Fu, 38, from Chongqing, went to his school's Security Division in April 2006 to get his ID. Security chief Zhang Lingchuan detained him. Jiangjin Domestic Security Division agents transported Chen Fu to the Jiangjin Detention Center and denied family visits. Mr. Chen was savagely tortured and permanently disabled in 2008. The abusers transferred him to Division 17 at the Yongchuan Prison in Chongqing on May 13, 2008, where he remains to this day.
Mr. Wang Xianan, 44, from Chongqing, was held in Xishan, Chongqing for more than two years. Local police pursued him for months following his release. He went into exile to avoid further persecution. Six months later officers from Jiangjin Police Station arrested him. His family was allowed to meet him only after he was detained for six months. He has been transferred to Yongchuan Prison.
10. [Xiangtan City, Hunan Province] Information Regarding the Persecution of Several Practitioners
The Yuetang District Procuratorate put 60-year-old Ms. Tang Peiheng on trial on April 17, 2009, but Tang Peiheng refused to cooperate during the illegal trial. Guard Yang Jia and other officials twisted her arms behind her back and handcuffed her to a chair. Yang Jia shoved a filthy towel into her mouth and pushed her head down against the armrest. His manhandling of her produced severe bruising on her neck, hands, and legs, and injuries on her right knee.
Practitioners Ms. Tao Shuyuan and Ms. Tang Peiheng were reported and arrested on November 19, 2008, while talking to people about Falun Gong in public. They were held at the Xiangtan Detention Center. Currently, Ms. Lu Xiqiong, Ms. Tao Shuyuan, Ms. Tang Peiheng and Ms. Zhu Jing are held at Ward 1 and Ward 2 at the Xiangtan City Detention Center.
11. [Beijing] Ms. Wang Lei Arrested
Ms. Wang Lei, 43, is a Beijing resident. Officers from Andingmenwai Police Station in Dongcheng District arrested her. The arrest occurred in front of her home on Ande Road in Dongcheng District at around 4:30 p.m. on May 30, 2009. The police subsequently ransacked her home. Ms. Wang is now held at the Dongcheng District Detention Center.
Andingmen Police Department in the Dongcheng District: 86-10 64213026
Dongcheng District Detention Center: 86-10 84081712
12. [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Mr. Meng Qingtan Arrested
Du Jianting from the No. 4 Domestic Security Division at the Hengshui City Police Department led two police officers to arrest practitioner Mr. Meng Qingtan from Zaoqiang, Hengshui City on the morning of May 31, 2009. They also confiscated his computer.
13. [Jiaozuo City, Henan Province] Ms. Liu Suzhen and Ms. Wang Xiaoqing Arrested
Ms. Liu Suzhen, 72, is from Jiaozuo City. A group of Jiaozuo City police officers broke into her home on the afternoon of May 19, 2009 and arrested her. Ms. Liu is now held at a detention center.
Ms. Wang Xiaoqing, 53, from Jiaozuo City was reported to the police as she was handing out Falun Gong flyers to people on the evening of May 20, 2009. Officers from the Jiaozuo City Police Department Jiefang Police Station arrested Wang Xiaoqing and took her to a detention center. She returned home the next day.
14. [Xuanhua District, Hebei Province] Mr. Wan Minghai, Ms. Feng Yanli, Ms. Yan Xiulian, and Ms. Liu Yongli Sent to Forced Labor Camps
Practitioners Mr. Wan Minghai, Ms. Feng Yanli and Ms. Yan Xiulian visited Ms. Liu Yongli at her home on the morning of May 14, 2009. Officers from the Chaoyang Street Party Committee in the Xuanhua District ransacked Ms. Liu Yongli's home and confiscated a computer, a storage device, and digital camera equipment, along with other private belongings. Officers from the Dongsheng Police Station subsequently arrested the four practitioners.
Liu Yongli was sentenced by police to 18 months in a forced labor camp, and Wan Minghai and Feng Yanli were each given one year in a forced labor camp on May 25, 2009. Wan Minghai has been taken to Shijiazhuang City, while Liu Yongli and Feng Yanli are held at the Shisanli Detention Center in Zhangjiakou City.