(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Sun Jianmin from Kaiping District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province, was a kind and generous man. He began to practice Falun Dafa in 1998. He benefited greatly both physically and mentally, and his family became harmonious once more. When the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) began to persecute Falun Dafa, he was tortured at Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp until he suffered a stroke. His family was harassed for a long time by the local police. He passed away on April 27, 2009, at the age of 61.

The details of his persecution case:

On July 20, 1999, officers from Kaiping Police Station arrested Sun Jianmin and held him in Quzhuang Elementary School in Kaiping for more than 20 days without any legal documentation. He was not allowed to make phone calls and he was denied family visitation rights.

In March 2000, Sun Jianmin and 13 other Falun Dafa practitioners went to Kaiping Town to appeal and clarify the truth of Dafa. The local CCP officials arrested them and held them for ten days at Kaiping Police Station. They were later transferred to Changningdao Detention Center in Tangshan City and held another 15 days. The government extorted 300 yuan from them to pay for their meals.

On May 24, 2001, Sun Jianmin and 10 other practitioners were exercising at Kaiping Park when someone notified authorities. Kaiping 610 Office officials and policemen from Kaiping Police Station surrounded the exercise site. Officer Li Guojun ordered police to attack the Falun Gong practitioners. All the practitioners were covered with bruises after the attack.

The persecution continued at Kaiping Police Station. The perpetrators slapped, kicked and beat the practitioners with clubs, stripped them of their clothes and beat them with a leather belt. They used a "killing rope" to brutally torture them; the rope broke many times that night. Practitioner Meng Qingfu was beaten while hung up and fell unconscious later for four hours. He was sentenced to three years in Jidong Prison. One perpetrator beat Sun Jianmin on the face with the sole of a shoe. Sun's eyes closed due to severe swelling. He was held at Tangshan Detention Center for over 10 months, and forced to pay 300 yuan before he could be released.

On October 19, 2004, Zhou Yongkang, the main perpetrator from the central government, arrived at Tangshan. Policemen Dai Jianjun and Wang Baohe arrested ten Dafa practitioners, including Sun Jianmin. One policeman named Zhang Fan tortured Sun Jianmin and, using an electric baton, shocked Sun all over his body. Deputy director of Kaiping Police Station Li Guojun led the beating. He used the bottom of his shoe to hit the practitioner in the face, causing his eyes to bleed. He used an iron bar to strike the practitioner's ankles. While he did this, he yelled, "Does anyone see me hitting you? Who can verify it?" He forced the practitioners to kneel on the ground. Whoever refused to kneel he would hit hard on the back of their knees. As he knew practitioners do not smoke, he put a lit cigarette up their nostrils.

Sun Jianmin was held for two days in the basement of Kaiping Police Station, and later sent to Tangshan No.1 Detention Center. On November 18, 2004, he was sentenced to three years in Tangshan Hehuakeng Labor Camp.

On October 19, 2005, Sun Jianmin suffered a stroke at the labor camp and was sent home to his family. Local police continued harassing him, and his family lived in fear. Sun Jianmin had several more strokes and was not able to care for himself anymore. He passed away on April 27, 2009, at the age of 61.