Additional Persecution News from China - February 20, 2009 (29 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 20 cities or counties in 12 provinces. In this report, 31 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 21 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Police from Dalian City Reformatory Abuse and Persecute Practitioners
- [Tonghua County, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Tiantsai and Others Taken into Custody
- [Kiamusu, Heilongjiang Province] Additional Information about Mr. Zhao You Being Taken into Custody
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Dongmei Taken to Forced Labor Camp
- [Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] One Practitioner Taken into Custody
- [Beijing] Mr. Ding Xiaoyi Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Jianshui County, Yunnan Province] Ms. Qian Shufang Unlawfully Sentenced
- [Beijing] Ms. Zhao Qiuying Taken into Custody
- [Changle County, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Yuxiang Arrested by 610 Office
- [Weifang, Shandong Province] Ms. Cao Junping Suffered Persecution
- [Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Chi Guilian Arrested
- [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Mr. Wang Hogzhang Severely Persecuted
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Cheng Yuxia and Ms. Li Shufeng Arrested
- [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Yang Yong Arrested and His Home Ransacked
- [Datong City, Shanxi Province] Mr. Gao Zhan Unlawfully Tried by Datong Area Court on the Morning of February 26, 2009
- [Luoyang City, Henan Province] Mr. Guo Zhan Taken into Custody by Police
- [Yinchuan, Ningxia Province] Mr. Luan Ning and Mr. Lu Bohua Facing Illegal Court Trial
- [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Yin Junmei is Missing, Her Home Ransacked
- [Baoji City, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Yang Bingqing and Others Taken into Custody
- [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Liu Yitao Unlawfully Sentenced to a 13-Year Prison Term
- [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhang Yanling Abused
- [Tongling City, Anhui Province] Ms. Jin Daxia Arrested a Few Days Ago
- [Huanggang City, Hubei Province] Ms. Liu Juhua Persecuted
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Wang Shunhua from Hebei Arrested
- [Foshan City, Guangdong Province] Additional Information Related to Mr. You Xianbun's Unlawful Court Trial and Sentencing
- [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Mou Jianchang and Mr. Yu Chuancheng Arrested at Home
- [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Mou Jianchun Taken into Custody on the Morning of February 17, 2009
- [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Ge Shuzhi Unlawfully Detained
- [Yibin City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Ren Chaozhao and Others Arrested, Their Whereabouts Unknown
1. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Police from Dalian City Reformatory Abuse
and Persecute Practitioners
Presently there are 15 Falun Dafa practitioners illegally imprisoned at Dalian City Reformatory in Brigade One and Brigade Two. Brigade One is where newcomers are received. All unlawfully arrested Dafa practitioners and other newly arrested criminals are imprisoned there for the first month. Brigade Two is mainly used to imprison Dafa practitioners. Each Brigade is then sub-divided into three squadrons. Currently there are 13 practitioners held at the detention center.
Mr. Gong Xudong and Mr. Yan Shoulin are unlawfully held in Brigade One.
Currently being held in the Brigade Two, First Squadron are practitioners Mr. Zhang Lianwen, Mr. Su Xianwei and Mr. Zhao Wenjia. Mr. Zhao Wenjia has been badly persecuted by prison guards. His breathing has been very difficult due to a serious asthmatic condition and his health is worsening.
In Squadron One, police set up a class to "transform" the practitioners that are transfered from Brigade One. Practitioners Mr. Tsorng Shuhshin, Mr. Yao Wancheng, Mr. Shi Hongbo and Mr. Wang Fengjun are currently illegally imprisoned there.
Mr. Liu Dalian, Mr. Li Deqing, Mr. Li Guang and Mr. Yang Jicheng are unlawfully detained at the Second Squadron. After Mr. Yang went on a hunger strike in protest, the police punished him by locking him in a small dark cell and force-feeding him.
Ms. Wang Min and Mr. Bi Kefu are illegally held in the Third Squadron. Ms. Wang Min has been severely persecuted. As a result, she suffered a mental breakdown. Right now her mental condition is very unsteady.
2. [Tonghua County, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Tiantsai and Others Taken into Custody
On February 19, 2009, Mr. Li Tiantsai, Ms. Han Donglan, Ms. Sun Guihua and and Mr. Ding Zhenhua were taken into custody by police officers from Guang Hua Town, Tonghua County. Police ransacked the practitioners' homes and confiscated some Dafa books and other materials. These practitioners were arrested and sent to Tonghua Detention Center.
Guang Hua Town police station chief, Xu Zhiqiang: 86-435-5751323 (Office), 86-435-5752111 (Home), 86-13196162388 (Cell)
3. [Kiamusu, Heilongjiang Province] Additional Information about Mr. Zhao You Being Taken into Custody
Mr. Zhao You is from Si Feng Village, Kiamusu City, Heilongjiang Province. On February 17, 2009, Si Feng Village local police ransacked his home, illegally arrested him and took him to the Si Feng Village Police Station. At the police station, Mr. Zhao was unlawfully interrogated and police tried to force his signature on documents. When Mr. Zhao refused to cooperate, the station manager Wang Dawei and police officer Bao Zhijia brutally attacked him, handcuffed him, chained his legs and tied a rope around his neck and then tied him to a table leg. Mr. Zhao had to endure the police officer's insults and verbal abuse.
4. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Dongmei Taken to Forced Labor Camp
On February 11, 2009, Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Dongmei was sentenced to two years of forced labor at Fuzhou Women's Forced Labor Camp.
5. [Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] One Practitioner Taken into Custody
On the afternoon of February 19, 2009, a Dafa practitioner named Big (alias) was taken into custody by Harbin City police and brought to Dafang Li local police station.
6. [Beijing] Mr. Ding Xiaoyi Sentenced to Forced Labor
On January 5, 2009, Mr. Ding was at Yanqing County Square selling candy when he was taken into custody by Yanqing County District Police. Mr. Ding's home was ransacked and his belongings were confiscated by police. His belongings were later returned to his family. Ten days later, Mr. Ding was illegally sentenced to a forced labor camp for two and a half years.
7. [Jianshui County, Yunnan Province] Ms. Qian Shufang Unlawfully Sentenced
Since July 23, 2008, Ms. Qian Shufang has been suffering persecution and imprisonment at the Jianshui Detention Center. The police prevented her family from visiting and, as a result, nobody knew where Ms. Qian was for six months.
From 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. on February 12, 2009, Jianshui County Court held an open court trial of Ms. Qian Shufang. Her husband and other family members and friends were present at the court hearing. When her family and friends walked into the courtroom, they were all searched and had their pictures taken.
County 610 Office Director, Lan Lifu: 86-873-7662168 (Office), 86-873-7660866 (Home), 86-13887368286 (Cell)
Assistant Director, Liu Qiongzhi: 86-873-7668610 (Office), 86-873-7653166 (Home), 86-13408946757 (Cell)
Assistant Director, Zou Shaochang: 86-13987305586 (Cell)
8. [Beijing] Ms. Zhao Qiuying Taken into Custody
Ms. Zhao Qiuying is about 50 years old. While she was doing business in the Haidian Clothing Shopping District at around 4:00 p.m. on February 20, she was arrested and taken to the Dongsheng local station by four police officers from the Haidian District Police Station. Police ransacked her home and confiscated a copy of the book Zhuan Falun and several other booklets.
Haidian Police Department: 86-10-62317177
9. [Changle County, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Yuxiang Arrested by 610 Office
At around 3:00 p.m. on February 12, practitioner Ms. Liu Yuxiang (over 50 years old) was arrested by 610 Office personnel.
10. [Weifang, Shandong Province] Ms. Cao Junping Suffered Persecution
Ms. Cao Junping has been unlawfully imprisoned at Weifang Detention Center for seven months and she is being deprived of visits by her family members. District Police are attempting to frame her. Around September 2008, when Weifang District police found out that Ms. Cao's family had hired a trial attorney from Beijing, the police were so mad that they intensified their persecution of Ms. Cao and deprived her of sleep for five days.
Kui Dictrict Procuratorate:
Appeal Branch: 86-536-3011862 (Look for female whose last name is Ma)
Court Office: 86-536-3011888, 86-536-8868005
11. [Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Chi Guilian Arrested
On February 12, 2009, Jin Guangyao from the 610 Office and others from Zhaoyuan City broke into Ms. Chi's home. They ransacked her house, confiscated her belongings and arrested her while she was babysitting her two-year-old nephew. Nobody knows where the police are detaining her.
12. [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Mr. Wang Hogzhang Severely Persecuted
Mr. Wang Hogzhang is a 77-year-old executive at the Shandong Jinan Steel and Iron Group Corporation. On the morning of August 4, 2008, after leaving his home, he was illegally arrested by police officers from the Jigang local police station and the Public Security Office. Police received an official arrest warrant for Mr. Wang in September 2008. In early February 2009, without notifying Mr. Wang's family members, officials subjected him to a secret trial and unlawfully sentenced him to a five-year prison term.
Mr. Wang Hogzhan is suffering from symptoms of a serious disease. He is now in the Corrective Labor Bureau Hospital for treatment. Police continue to deny his family members visitation.
13. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Cheng Yuxia and Ms. Li Shufeng Arrested
Ms. Cheng Yuxia lives in Yi Hesanan Village and Ms. Li Shufeng lives in Nanlun Village. On the morning of February 19, 2009, they were taken into custody by more than ten police officers from Weifang Public Security and Yi Hesanan local station. Both practitioners' homes were ransacked by police. Prior to this illegal arrest, police had attempted to take Ms. Cheng Yuxia into custody several times.
14. [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Yang Yong Arrested and His Home Ransacked
At around 4:00 p.m. on February 17, 2009, a group of officers from Dingzhou Police Station and the Nancheng local police station broke into Mr. Yang Yong's home. They ransacked the house and unlawfully arrested him. Mr. Yang is currently being detained at Dingzhou Detention Center.
Dingzhou City Public Security:
District Police Department Chief, Ma Taizhu: 86-312-2333016, 86-312-2322202, 86-13333129197
Political Instructor, Nan Zengji: 86-312-2313984, 86-13082366055
15. [Datong City, Shanxi Province] Mr. Gao Zhan Unlawfully Tried by Datong Area Court on the Morning of February 26, 2009
16. [Luoyang City, Henan Province] Mr. Guo Zhan Taken into Custody by Police
On December 25, 2008, Mr. Gao Zhan was in his company's dormitory building, getting ready to take his child to school, when he was then arrested by police officers from Jiyuan City Public Security. Police took him to Jiyuan Detention Center and abused him there.
17. [Yinchuan, Ningxia Province] Mr. Luan Ning and Mr. Lu Bohua Facing Illegal Court Trial
Mr. Luan Ning and Mr. Lu Bohua are facing an illegal court trial at 3:00 p.m. on February 25, 2009 at the Yinchuan City, Xixia Area Court House.
18. [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Yin Junmei is Missing, Her Home Ransacked
Ms. Yin Junmei, about 50 years old, from Jiangxi City, Jiujiang Number Two Cotton Factory, went missing on February 16, 2009. A group of police officers ransacked her home.
19. [Baoji City, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Yang Bingqing and Others Taken into Custody
On the afternoon of February 15, 2009, Mr. Yang Bingqing and Ms. Guo Congxia went to the Duanjia Section in the Yindou Elementary School area to clarify the truth. They were reported by the school principal and were arrested by 610 Office personnel. They are currently detained at the local detention center. The police refuse to allow Mr. Yang and Ms. Guo's family members to visit. Police have demanded a payment of 10,000 yuan but the practitioners' families have refused to pay this extortion fee.
Duanjia Section Police Station: 86-917-5239329
Yindou Elementary School principal: 86-917-5236740
20. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Liu Yitao Unlawfully Sentenced to a 13-Year Prison Term
Practitioner Mr. Liu Yitao is an instructor at Jiangxi Radio and Television University; he is about 30 years old. He was arrested and has been detained by the Nanchang local police since May 2008. Recently the Nanchang court sentenced him to a 13-year prison term.
21. [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhang Yanling Abused
At 8:00 p.m. July 20, 2008, Ms. Zhang was reported to the police by an individual who was monitoring her. Ms. Zhang Yanling was then arrested, forcefully pushed into a police vehicle and taken to the Jiujiang local station. That night, police officers from Jiujiang Police Department and the District Police Department ransacked her home and confiscated her books. At around 11:00 p.m. that night, station inspector Huang Jiabao handcuffed Ms. Zhang and imprisoned her at the Shili Detention Center. The following day, Ms Zhang was subjected to interrogation by Xunyang Public Security Chief Li Jun, which lasted over three days. 610 Office police finally told her that she could either obtain a guarantor to post 30,000 yuan bail or she be sent to a forced labor camp.
Ms. Zhang Yanling was detained at the detention center for more than a month; she was finally released after police extorted 20,000 yuan from her family.
22. [Tongling City, Anhui Province] Ms. Jin Daxia Arrested a Few Days Ago
23. [Huanggang City, Hubei Province] Ms. Liu Juhua Persecuted
Ms. Liu Juhua is a 60-year-old senior teacher from the Chibi Middle School in Huanggang City. At around 9:00 p.m. on September 10, 2008, she was illegally arrested in Wuhan City by a group of police officers from Huanggang City Police Department and Wuhan City local police station. On September 11, they sent her to brainwashing center. On September 28, police transferred and imprisoned Ms. Liu at the Huanggang No.1 Detention Center and prepared to sentence her. Huangzhou District Court held a court trial for Ms. Liu on February 13, 2009.
Before that, Ms. Liu Juhua had been imprisoned and persecuted three times through "re-education" at Shayang City, Hubei Province and Baimalun City, Hunan Province Forced Labor Camp.
Hubei Province 610 Office Director, Zou Xiaoqing: 86-27-87324127, 86-13871258122
Assistant Director, Liu Shengwu: 86-27-87324860, 86-13907193914
24. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Wang Shunhua from Hebei Arrested
On February 12, 2009, Mr. Wang Shunhua was reported to authorities for truth-clarification activities. He was illegally arrested by police from the Guangzhou City, Haizhu District Lujiang Local Station. Currently, he is incarcerated at Haizhu Detention Center in Guangzhou City. According to inside information, the police hung him up by handcuffs while they interrogated him and deprived him of sleep for 10 days. After the police sent him back to his cell, the prison guard was ordered to continue nonstop torture without letting Mr. Wang sleep.
25. [Foshan City, Guangdong Province] Additional Information Related to Mr. You Xianbun's Unlawful Court Trial and Sentencing
At around 2:30 p.m. on February 17, 2009, without his family members being informed, Mr. You Xiangun was put through a court trial. The hasty trial lasted only 30 minutes.
26. [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Mou Jianchang and Mr. Yu Chuancheng Arrested at Home
Practitioners Mr. Mou Jianchang and Mr. Yu Chuancheng from Panzhihua were arrested at their home by local police on the morning of February 17, 2009. Another practitioner, Ms. Ji Shuying, left her home that afternoon and hasn't returned.
27. [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Mou Jianchun Taken into Custody on the Morning of February 17, 2009
Panzhihua, Tzaozupin Police Station:
Officer Liu Yonghuo: 86-13808143592
Officer Liu Bangxiang: 86-13808141375
City Public Security: 86-15983554916
28. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Ge Shuzhi Unlawfully Detained
Ms. Ge Shuzhi lives in the Doungzhou area of Fushun City. At around 9:00 a.m. on February 11, 2009, she was illegally arrested by officer Xiao Chengshan from Doungzhou local police station. Currently she is detained at the Fushun City Detention Center.
29. [Yibin City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Ren Chaozhao and Others Arrested, Their Whereabouts Unknown
Practitioners Ms. Ren Chaozhao, Mr. Hung Hua, Ms. Song Shufen, Mr. Chen Lixiang and Mr. Wu Zhengchang all live in Nanxi County, Yibin City. During the Beijing Olympic Games, they were arrested by county 610 Office and State Security Department agents; no one knew where they were being detained. Mr. Hung Hua, Mr. Chen Lixiang, Ms. Song Shufen and Mr. Wu Zhengchang were imprisoned at Yibin City Detention Center and were unlawfully put through a court trial. Ms. Ren Chaozhao was arrested on January 23, 2009; she has not been seen since.
Ms. Ren and Mr. Hung have been illegally arrested four times and were put through "re-education" at a forced labor camp for one year. Mr. Chen Lixiang and Ms. Song Shufen are husband and wife and are both over 70 years old.