Additional Persecution News from China - January 25, 2009 (26 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 23 cities or counties in 14 provinces. In this report, 39 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 8 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Songyuan City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Bao Xuejun and His Wife Still Illegally Detained
- [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Lu Jin Illegally Detained at Benxi City Mingshan Police Sub-Bureau
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zuo Lizhi Illegally Tried
- [Heilongjiang Province] Update on the Persecution of Three Practitioners from Beixing Farm
- [Tianjin City] Additional Information on Several Practitioners Being Illegally Detained and Tortured, Including Mr. Wu Dianzhong
- [Xiajin County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Wangquan Detained in a Forced Labor Camp
- [Gaomi City, Shandong Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Jiang Zhenbai Tortured at Shandong Province No.2 Forced Labor Camp
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Ji Chunfeng Still Illegally Detained at Detention Center
- [Hebei Province] Update on Ms. Li Jinhua's Detention at Hebei Province Women's Prison
- [Wangdong County, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Cuiyan Being Persecuted
- [Suizhou City, Hubei Province] Ms. Li Yun and Ms. Zhang Ling Still Illegally Detained
- [Mancheng County, Hebei Province] Mr. Sun Hong Jun's Family Harassed and Home Ransacked
- [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Yi Jianying and Others Illegally Sentenced
- [Xi'an, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Yi Suqin and Ms. Yan Lanfang Arrested
- [Yichun City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Li Shuixiang Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor for a Third Time
- [Ruichang City, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Chen Xiaoyan, 73 Years Old, Illegally Brought to Trial
- [Lufeng County, Yunnan Province] Ms. Zhao Chunfang Still Illegally Detained at the County Detention Center
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Tang Arrested
- [Yibin City, Sichuan Province] Detailed Information on the Persecution of Ms. Ren Chaoxia
- [Tonghai County, Yunnan Province] Mr. Cheng Guangcai Died as a Result of Torture
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Lai Borei Illegally Sentenced
- [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Persecution Account of a Practitioner
- [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Ms. Jiang Deying Has Left Home after Being Tortured
- [Xinhua County, Hunan Province] Mr. Yuan Guoqing and His Wife Persecuted
- [Hebei Province] Ms. Zhou Jinghua Illegally Detained at Shijiazhuang City No.2 Detention Center for Over Nine Months
1. [Songyuan City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Bao Xuejun and His Wife Still Illegally Detained
On December 25, 2008, officers from Sanjingzi Police Station in Fuyu County illegally arrested Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Bao Xuejun and his wife, Ms. Ma Yongfeng, from the Ningjiang District in Songyuan City. They were on their way to Sanchahe and were in the process of having Mr. Bao's driver's license checked. They continue to be held at Fuyu County Detention Center.
2. [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Lu Jin Illegally Detained at Benxi City Mingshan Police Sub-Bureau
In 2008, during the Beijing Olympics, police at the railway station stopped Ms. Lu Jin, an employee of Limestone Mine in the Benxi Steel Factory in Benxi City, who was on vacation in Dalian City with her husband and son. She was then taken to Beixi City Mingshan Police Sub-Bureau to be detained. Her 11-year-old son was so traumatized that he ended up being hospitalized.
3. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zuo Lizhi Illegally Tried
On October 10, 2008, Mr. Zuo Lizhi was illegally tried at Yi County Court in Liaoning Province. Mr. Zuo and his lawyer presented a strong argument for his innocence but the court abruptly terminated proceedings. Mr. Zuo should have been released afterwards, but officials from the county police bureau continue to hold him indefinitely. He was sentenced without his knowledge during his detention. After Mr. Zuo became aware of the court's actions, he proceeded to appeal to a higher court. His appeal was transferred from the Yi County Court to Jinzhou City Intermediate Court. However, it does not appear that the court is taking any action.
Liu Bo, person in charge of the criminal court in Jinzhou City Intermediate People's Court: 86-416-2526804
Ji Xiabo, person in charge of the Yi County Court: 86-416-7732228
4. [Heilongjiang Province] Update on the Persecution of Three Practitioners from Beixing Farm
Mr. Li Xianzhong, Mr. Chen Jian, and Mr. Yu Yong are practitioners from Beixing Farm. They have been illegally detained at Hongxinglong Administration Bureau Detention Center for nearly eight months. When their family members recently asked the detention center about their current situation, they were told that all of them were transferred to Jiamusi Prison, where both Mr. Li and Mr. Chen were sentenced to four years and Mr. Yu was sentenced to six years imprisonment.
5. [Tianjin City] Additional Information on Several Practitioners Being Illegally Detained and Tortured, Including Mr. Wu Dianzhong
On January 12, practitioners Mr. Wu Dianzhong, Mr. Ma Hongzhi, and Ms. Liu Yanli from Hanjiashu Village in Beichen District, Tianjin City, were taken into custody by officers from Beichen District Qingguang Police Station and Hedong District Domestic Security Brigade. Currently, Mr. Wu and Ms. Liu are being illegally detained at Beichen District Detention Center in Tianjin City and Mr. Ma is being detained at Hedong Detention Center. Mr. Wu's daughter and Ms. Liu's daughter were detained at Beichen District Qingguang Police Station. Officers put both of them in a cold room enclosed by iron bars. Not until 24 hours later were they taken home by their families. They are only 17 and 12 years old respectively.
Four computers, three laptops, four printers, and two photocopiers were confiscated, and Mr. Wu's car was confiscated as well.
Qingguang Police Station in Beichen District, Tianjin City: 86-22-26951893
6. [Xiajin County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Wangquan Detained in a Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Mr. Zhang Wangquan was taken to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for one and a half years of detention.
7. [Gaomi City, Shandong Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
At 8 o'clock, on January 15, 2009, officers from Yaoge County Police Station in Gaomi City arrested several practitioners. Ms. Zhang Guiqin, Ms. Guan Ruijuan, Ms. Liu Yuping, and Mr. Jin Zaichen and his wife are being illegally held at Gaomi Detention Center.
8. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Jiang Zhenbai Tortured at Shandong Province No.2 Forced Labor Camp
On July 9, 2008, Mr. Jiang Zhenbo, who worked at the Shandong Province No.3 Prison, was illegally arrested. On August 8, he was transferred to the No. 6 Team in the Zhangqiuge Village No.2 Men's Forced Labor Camp. His family members went to the forced labor camp many times to demand a meeting with him, but their requests were all turned down. In addition, the clothes they took for him were rejected. They were told that they would never be allowed to see him if he was not "transformed."
9. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Ji Chunfeng Still Illegally Detained at Detention Center
On December 16, 2008, after Ms. Ji Chunfen from the Zichuan District in Zibo City was arrested, she was detained at Zibo City Detention Center for one month. She was later detained for another two months. Her case has now been transferred to the Zichuan District Procuratorate. The detention center continues to deny her family visitation privileges.
10. [Hebei Province] Update on Ms. Li Jinhua's Detention at Hebei Province Women's Prison
In January 2008, when practitioner Ms. Li Jinhua from Tianjin City was handing out "truth-clarification" materials while visiting relatives at Wenan County in Hebei Province, she was reported and then arrested. She was illegally detained at Renqiu Detention Center. In April 2008, she was sentenced to four and a half years and is now in Hebei Women's Prison. A reliable source said that she was detained with two criminals awaiting the death penalty. She has been seriously injured both physically and mentally.
11. [Wangdong County, Hebei Province] Ms.Wang Cuiyan Being Persecuted
At around midnight on December 27, 2008, practitioner Ms. Wang Cuiyan from Liutuo Village in Wangdu County was arrested at her home by a few police officers led by the associate head of Zhonghan Zhuan Township Police Station in Wangdu County. She was taken to the police station and then transferred to Wangdu County Detention Center.
On January 15, 2009, officials from the detention center transferred practitioners Ms. Liu Shumin, Ms. Wang Cuiyan, and Ms. Liu Guosu, who were being detained, to Shijiazhuang Women's Forced Labor Camp.
12. [Suizhou City, Hubei Province] Ms. Li Yun and Ms. Zhang Ling Still Illegally Detained
On April 8, 2008, Ms. Li Yun and Ms. Zhanling from Suizhou City were arrested and have been detained at the No. 1 Detention Center since.
Police officers have transferred Ms. Li's case to the Municipal Intermediate Court two times in an attempt to bring Ms. Li to trial. However, the Intermediate Court refused to accept her case each time. Police officers even changed Ms. Li's name so she that would be registered as a minor, even though she is 28. They wanted to transfer her case to the Zengdu District Adolescents' Court. A week ago, Ms. Li was brought to trial, but the court did not notify any of her family members. Her family have been to the detention center to demand her release many times, and each time they were denied a visit with her. An unnamed witness even claimed that Ms. Zhang Ling had put on some weight and appeared healthier since being in the camp.
13. [Mancheng County, Hebei Province] Mr. Sun Hong Jun's Family Harassed and Home Ransacked
At around 5 o'clock, on January 22, 2009, about a dozen officers from Han Village Police Station broke into Mr. Sun Hongjun's home at Nanxinzhuang Village in Hancun Township, Mancheng County, and ransacked it. Reportedly, the police ransacked the home immediately after Mr. Sun was taken into custody.
14. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Yi Jianying and Others Illegally Sentenced
Reports of practitioners who have been illegally detained in the Xuanhua District in Zhangjiakou City include information on Ms. Yi Jianying, who was sentenced to three years in prison and taken to Shijiazhuang Women's Prison, and Ms. Zhang Yumei, who was sentenced to three years of imprisonment and transferred as well.
Ms. Yang Fulan, Ms. Ni Haiying, and Ms. Liu Xin were each sentenced to three years of imprisonment.
15. [Xi'an, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Yi Suqin and Ms. Yan Lanfang Arrested
On January 20, 2009, Ms. Ye Suqin and Ms. Yan Lanfang from the Longfengyuan District in Changqing Petroleum Group of Xi'an City were handing out flyers in Gaoling County when they were arrested by local county police officers.
16. [Yichun City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Li Shuixiang Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor for a Third Time
Ms. Li Shuixiang has been sentenced to forced labor for a third time and is currently detained at Jiangxi Province Nangchang Women's Forced Labor Camp.
17. [Ruichang City, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Chen Xiaoyan, 73 Years Old, Illegally Brought to Trial
Mr. Chen Xiaoyan, 73 years old, is a retired cadre from Ruichang City Commodity Bureau Mechanical and Electric Company. On November 11, 2008, he was arrested at his home. His laptop, an MP3 player, and books such as Zhuan Falun were confiscated. Mr. Chen was arrested and has been indicted.
Person in charge of the 610 Office Zhou Zuolin: 86-792-4213363 (Home), 86-135079234082 (Cell)
Person in charge of the Domestic Security Brigade Fan Kang: 86-792-4236121 (Office), 86-792-4223066 (Home), 86-13807922408 (Cell)
18. [Lufeng County, Yunnan Province] Ms. Zhao Chunfang Still Illegally Detained at the County Detention Center
On November 10, 2008, Ms. Zhao Chunfang was arrested at home by officers from the Lufeng County Police Bureau, the Domestic Security Brigade, and the Jishan Township Police Station; his home was ransacked as well. Five practitioners were arrested that day, including Ms. Zhao's husband. Only four have returned home. Currently, Ms. Zhao is still in the Lufeng County Detention Center.
Domestic Security Brigade in Lufeng Count Police Bureau, Pan Shaohong: 86-13769260766
19. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Tang Arrested
On January 20, 2009, when Ms. Tang from Huangyang in Chengdu City was clarifying the truth on Taiping Street, she was arrested. Her whereabouts are currently unknown. Her home was ransacked early the next morning, and officers attacked her son, cracking his skull.
20. [Yibin City, Sichuan Province] Detailed Information on the Persecution of Ms. Ren Chaoxia
On the afternoon of January 23, police officers followed Ms. Ren Chaoxia from Nanxi County in Yibin City and then arrested her. She is probably being detained at Nanxi County Detention Center.
Ms. Ren, 53 years old, has been arrested by agents from the 610 Office and her home has been ransacked many times. She has been illegally detained three times, including at Zizhong City Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp, where she was held for one year. This is the fourth time she has been arrested.
Practitioners who were arrested by agents from Nanxi County 610 Office and Domestic Security Brigade and who are being illegally detained are: Ms. Huang Hu, Mr. Chen Lixiang, Mr. Wu Zhengchang, Ms. Song Shufen, and Ms. Ren Chaoxia.
Head of Domestic Security Brigade in Nanxi County of Yibin City Peng Zhonglong: 86-13568119333
Domestic Security Brigade in Nanxi County of Yibin City: 86-831-3334611
Nanxi County Detention Center in Yibin City: 86-831-3334790
21. [Tonghai County, Yunnan Province] Mr. Cheng Guangcai Died as a Result of Torture
Practitioner Mr. Cheng Guangcai from Sijie Town in Tonghai County was in his 60s. He was verbally abused, threatened, and beaten many times by the head officials of the town and police offices. He was released in 2008 after being detained in a forced labor camp for two years. Later, he was detained in the dogs' quarters in the forced labor camp. He passed away two days after he was taken home.
CCP Office in Sijie Township, Tonghai City: 86-877-3071006
Head of the Township office: 86-877-3071008
Sijie Township Police Station in Tonghai County: 86-877-3071091
22. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Lai Borei Illegally Sentenced
Mr. Lai Borei in Zengcheng, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, was illegally sentenced. Mr. Zhang Chunhe was arrested and detained and tortured at Guangzhou Military Police Hospital.
23. [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Persecution Account of a Practitioner
On January 14 (in the lunar calendar), 2001, a practitioner from Huangshi City was arrested by Yang Zhiyuan, the head of Huangshiguang Police Station, and then taken to Huangshi City No.1 Detention Center, where he was detained for 45 days.
On May 23, 2001, this practitioner was detained at Huangshi City No.1 Detention Center. He was interrogated by Yang Zhiyuan from the 610 Office in the Huangshiguang Police Sub-Bureau for two days. His feet were swollen as a result of his detention. He was taken to the detention center, where he was held for more than a month, and then to a brainwashing center in a military zone.
On December 9, 2001, officers from Shuishang Police Station arrested this practitioner while he was clarifying the truth after work. He was then taken to Wuhan City Shizhishan Forced Labor Camp for one year.
In 2003, when the CCP was holding its 16th Congress, officer Zhang Wenli from Huangshigang Police Station took this practitioner to a detention center, where the practitioner remained for 15 days.
24. [Changsha City, Hunan Province] Ms. Jiang Deying Has Left Home after Being Tortured
In late April 2008, Ms. Jiang Deying, who teaches at Hunan Normal University, was handing out a few truth-clarification DVDs while walking along the riverside by the university when she was reported by two retired colleagues. Police arrested her and took her to the Security Division at the university. Within half an hour, Yueli District Police Sub-Bureau police officer Zeng Xuelong, Yueli District 610 Office agent Wei Bin, and university employees Li Yuee and Li Reliang began to verbally abuse her. They also confiscated dozens of yuan with truth-clarification notes written on them, a few amulets(1), and software for breaking through the Internet blockade. After that, they stuffed her into a police vehicle and went to her home and ransacked it. They confiscated all her Dafa books, a photo of Teacher, an MP3 player, an MP4 player, a U drive, and cash, then took her to the police bureau to carry out an interrogation.
Ms. Jiang managed to escape from the police bureau at 1 a.m. She has not returned home and her whereabouts are unknown. Police officers Zeng Xuelong and Hu Xiangyang have gone to other practitioners' homes to harass them in hopes of finding her. During the Beijing Olympics, they tore down her shed and made her workplace deduct her entire pension.
Hunan Normal University 610 Office, Li Yuee: 86-731-8871398 (Home) 86-731-8872300 (Office)
Li Renliang (responsible for persecuting practitioners): 86-731-8838169 (Home), 86-731-8872300 (Office)
25. [Xinhua County, Hunan Province] Mr. Yuan Guoqing and His Wife Persecuted
At around 11 a.m. on January 9, 2009, a dozen police officers from the Xinhua Domestic Security Brigade broke into Mr. Yuan Guoqing's home. They ransacked the place and beat Mr. Yuan's wife, Ms. Zou Yueqiu. They then took her to the Domestic Security Brigade in Xinhua County.
Officers tried to force Ms. Zou to reveal the names of practitioners who have been to their home. She refused to tell and incurred another beating. They then returned to the home and, while Mr. Yuan was not present, broke their front door down and ransacked their home again.
On the same day, when Mr. Yuan was riding his motorcycle and about to reach home, police officers jumped on him and gave him a beating. Then they arrested him.
Mr. Yuan is currently being detained at Xinhua County Detention Center. His motorcycle has not been found. On the afternoon of January 10, his wife returned home. Staff from Xinhua County Detention Center have not allowed any visits to Mr. Yuan.
Mr. Yuan and his wife have been tortured many times in the past few years. Mr. Yuan was illegally detained in forced labor camps twice. In September 2004, his wife was arrested and taken to Zhuzhou City Baimalong Forced Labor Camp.
Associate Team Leader of Xinhua County Domestic Security Brigade Sun Yiying: 86-13907386700
Vice-President of Xinhua County Police Bureau Chen Ying: 86-13707381060
26. [Hebei Province] Ms. Zhou Jinghua Illegally Detained at Shijiazhuang City No.2 Detention Center for Over Nine Months
Ms. Zhou Jinghua, who lives in the Cooperation District in Shijiazhuang City, has been detained at Shijiazhuang City No.2 Detention Center for more than nine months. During her detention, she was brought to trial once and acted as her own defense.
On the morning of April 15, 2008, when Ms. Zhou came home from getting breakfast, she was followed by plainclothes police officers. They arrested her and ransacked her home. One of her neighbors, who had been monitoring Ms. Zhou for a long time, reported her to the police.
(1) Amulets -- In China, practitioners sometimes clarify the truth by giving people something small to wear or cherish, bearing a few words reminding them of the goodness of Dafa.