Additional Persecution News from China -December 2, 2009 (25 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 18 cities or counties in 11 provinces. As per this report, 15 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 19 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Luo Hong and Ms. He Liqun Held at the Wangjiawan Detention Center
- [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] A Number of Practitioners Arrested
- [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Two Practitioners from Lishui County Persecuted
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wang Haijiang Sentenced to One and a Half Years of Forced Labor
- [Shaoyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Wang Wuxiu Persecuted
- [Beijing] Ms. Guo Yingchun and Ms. Guo Fengqin from Miyun County Arrested
- [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Tao Arrested
- [Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province] Ms. Long Ximei and Mr. Chen Yuejin Held at the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Wang Qingyou Sent to Hulan Prison for a Six-year Sentence
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Follow-up Information Regarding the Persecution of Ms. Geng Yufeng
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Du Xiuhua Arrested
- [Chongqing] Mr. Kuang Xinrong, Arrested on September 15, 2009, Faces Trial
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Chen Jinfa Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Yangquan City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Li Yuxiang Held at the Shenyu Detention Center
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Officials Refuse to Allos Ms. Liang Yu's Parents to Visit Her
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Wang Jianguo and His Wife Ms. Li Xiaoyan Arrested
- [Anhui Province] Ms. Zhang Jie Arrested
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Ma Yuping from Nanqian Village, Jinkou Town, Jimo Cit,y Arrested at Home on the Afternoon of November 30, 2009
- [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Sun Zhicai Arrested
- [Wuning County, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Wang Liming and His Wife Ms. Liu Qin Arrested at Home on the Evening of November 20, 2009, Their Home Ransacked
- [Yancheng City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Lu Hongxia Died as a Result of Persecution - Belated Information
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Addition Information Regarding Ms. Li Wenjie's Arrest
- [Shanghai] Ms. Li Hongzhen Arrested and Taken to the Qingpu Brainwashing Center
- [Wulumuqi City, Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Zhang Ruiling Persecuted
- [Chenzhou City, Hunan Province] A Number of Practitioners from Yongxing County Arrested
1. [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Luo Hong and Ms. He Liqun Held at the Wangjiawan Detention Center
Officers from the Renmin Street Police Station arrested Ms. Luo Hong from Hengyang in July 2008, prior to the Beijing Olympics. She was recently sent to a provincial forced labor camp but the camp officials refused to admit her. She was then incarcerated in the Huangshawan Detention Center. Her son was forbidden to visit her.
Ms. He Liqun, 63, a retiree, is being held in the Wangjiawan Detention Center. She lived in Wuyi New Village in the Shigu District. Ms. He was reported as she spoke with people about Falun Gong and the persecution on May 5, 2009. Officers from the Hejiangtao Police Station arrested and took her to the Baishazhou Detention Center where she was held for ten days before being transferred to the Wangjiawan Detention Center. The gross abuse and ill-treatment she was subjected to made her emaciated. She was sent to a hospital for medical treatment in handcuffs and shackles. Her family has had 10,000 yuan extorted from them, but she still has not been released.
Tang Hetai, the Shigu District 610 Office:
Political head Lin: 86-13574783083
2. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] A Number of Practitioners Arrested
Yuanbaoshan Police Department's Domestic Security Division officers illegally arrestedMs. Zhao Guoqin and her non-practitioner daughter on October 29, 2009. They arrested several other practitioners, including Ms. Li Yanhua, two weeks later. A few practitioners were able to return home that same day but were arrested again within two weeks. They are now held in the Yuanbaoshan District Detention Center.
Baoli Chaolu, Chifeng City Police Department chief:
86-476-3521688, 86-476-5223269, 86-15904762699, 86-13304765076
Li Yinmin, deputy chief: 86-476-3511920, 86-476-3514196, 86-13604762016
Wang Heran, Domestic Security Division head: 86-476-3514143, 86-13904763585, 86-476-661028
3. [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Two Practitioners from Lishui County Persecuted
Agents from the Nanjing 610 Office collaborated with officers from the Lishui County 610 Office around November 25, 2009. They arrested Ms. Bian Weili and Ms. Liu Changfeng from Lishui County and ransacked their homes. Ms. Bian's daughter is in middle school. Her husband is suffering from gastric cancer. Both need Ms. Bian to take care of them.
These officers also arrested Ms. Sun Guangyu from Lishui County on November 3, 2009, and took her to the Judong Detention Center. A physical exam revealed that Ms. Sun had a stomach tumor. She should have been sent to a hospital for medical treatment, but Nanjing 610 Office agents transferred her from the Judong Detention Center to another location and did not get her any medical care. Her family was forbidden to visit her.
4. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wang Haijiang Sentenced to One and a Half Years of Forced Labor
Xiangfang District Domestic Security Division officers Yuan Zhaoxiang, Wang Dianbin, and others arrested taxi driver Mr. Wang Haijiang while he was working on October 16, 2009. They took him and his taxi to the Xiangfang District Police Department. Mr. Wang was sentenced recently to one and a half years of forced labor and is now being held in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp.
Yuan Zhaoxiang, Xiangfang District Domestic Security Division
Wang Dianbin: 86-13936438610
5. [Shaoyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Wang Wuxiu Persecuted
Shaoyang City Court officials put Ms. Wang Wuxiu on trial on November 25, 2009, but no verdict was announced that day. She is now being held in a detention center and faces further persecution. Gross abuse and mistreatment greatly harmed her health. Her family and lawyer demanded her release many times, but officers in the court and those from the political and judiciary department rudely turned them down.
Peng, Shaoyang City 610 Office head: 86-13607398388
6. [Beijing] Ms. Guo Yingchun and Ms. Guo Fengqin from Miyun County Arrested
7. [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Tao Arrested
Four officers from the Xicheng District Police Station broke into Mr. Zhang Tao's home located on Xiguannan Street on November 13, 2009. They arrested Mr. Zhang and took his cell phone, MP4 player, and other items. He is now held at the Dingzhou City Detention Center. His parents went to the detention center recently, pleading for his release, but were turned down.
Mr. Zhang, 28, is a resident of Xiguannan Street in Dingzhou City. The police broke into his home early in the morning on August 28, 2009 and confiscated his computer.
Ma Tiezhu, Domestic Security Division head: 86-312-2333016,
Li Zhijian, Dingzhou City 610 Office head: 86-312-2338111, 86-13930206660
Cui Yuliang, deputy head: 86-312-2338699, 86-13931352930
8. [Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province] Ms. Long Ximei and Mr. Chen Yuejin Held at the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Long Ximei, Mr. Chen Yuejin, and others were sentenced to forced labor in June 2009. They are being held in the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp No. 7 Division. The division's telephone number is: 86-731-28634856
9. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Wang Qingyou Sent to Hulan Prison for a Six-year Sentence
Mr. Wang Qingyou from Huayuan Township in Lindian has been subjected to five months of gross abuse and mistreatment in the Lindian Detention Center. He is now serving a six-year term in the Hulan Prison.
10. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Follow-up Information Regarding the Persecution of Ms. Geng Yufeng
Ms. Geng Yufeng was arrested on June 9, 2009, for speaking with people about Falun Gong. She has been subjected to gross abuse and mistreatment for over five months at the Yaojia Detention Center. During that time, Zhongshan District Court officials put her on trial and have submitted her case to the Dalian City Intermediate Court.
11. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Du Xiuhua Arrested
Three police officers arrested Ms. Du Xiuhua at her daughter's home on the morning of December 1, 2009. They confiscated all Falun Gong informational materials as well as her son-in-law's computer and more than 4,000 yuan cash. Ms. Du's whereabouts are unknown.
12. [Chongqing] Mr. Kuang Xinrong, Arrested on September 15, 2009, Faces Trial
13. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Chen Jinfa Sentenced to Forced Labor
Mr. Chen Jinfa from Dingjiazhuangzi in the Kuiwen District was arrested at home on September 24, 2009. He was sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp a month later for a one-year term.
14. [Yangquan City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Li Yuxiang Held at the Shenyu Detention Center
Ms. Li Yuxiang from Yangquan City was arrested for speaking with people about Falun Gong on November 30, 2009. The police ransacked her home that same afternoon. She is now held at the Shenyu Detention Center.
Bai Rumin, Yangquan City 610 Office head: 86-139035338738
15. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Officials Refuse to Allow Ms. Liang Yu's Parents to Visit Her
Officers from the Bayi Street Police Station and from the Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Liang Yu on July 5, 2009, and held her at the Dalian City Detention Center. The filthy conditions at the detention center caused her to develop scabies all over her body. She was later sentenced to two years of forced labor and transferred to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in mid-August.
Ms. Liang, 40, is a manager of a foreign enterprise. Her ill husband died several years ago. She and her daughter are her only immediate family. Her parents are both in their late 70s. They traveled by bus many times over the past three months to try to visit their daughter, but the labor camp authorities rejected their requests [for a visit].
Masanjia Women's Section No. 3 Division: 86-24-89295020
16. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Wang Jianguo and His Wife Ms. Li Xiaoyan Arrested
Chengdu City Domestic Security Division personnel and Liucheng Police Station officers arrested Ms. Li Xiaoyan in her rented apartment in Xinhua Garden in the Wenjiang District the afternoon of September 14, 2009. Ms. Li is employed by the Chengdu City Computer Company. She was subjected to gross abuse and mistreatment at the Wenjiang Detention Center. Officials transferred her to the Pi County Detention Center several days later and then sent her to another location in late October. Her family was not informed of her whereabouts.
Ms. Li's husband, Mr. Wang Jianguo, was employed by another computer company. He returned to their rented home to fetch some clothes around September 21, 2009. Tiaosanta Police Station officers who were staked out at his home arrested him and took him to the Pi County Detention Center. Their child in college now has no source of income to continue studying.
17. [Anhui Province] Ms. Zhang Jie Arrested
Ms. Zhang Jie, an employee of the Fuyang City Bus Transportation Group, was arrested in October 2009, while distributing informational materials about Falun Gong.
18. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Ma Yuping from Nanqian Village, Jinkou Town, Jimo City, Arrested at Home on the Afternoon of November 30, 2009
19. [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Sun Zhicai Arrested
Jianshe Police Station officers broke into Mr. Sun Zhicai's home on the evening of November 28, 2009, and arrested him. They also took valuables from his home.
Fang Liwen, Jianshe Police Station head: 86-13500483231,
Wang Dongming, political head: 86-13464838786
20. [Wuning County, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Wang Liming and His Wife Ms. Liu Qin Arrested at Home on the Evening of November 20, 2009, Their Home Ransacked
21. [Yancheng City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Lu Hongxia Died as a Result of Persecution - Belated Information
Ms. Lu Hongxia was born on January 4, 1980, and once studied computer science at the Changzhou Textile Industry School. School authorities forced her to quit school in 2000 prior to graduation because she refused to give up Falun Gong practice.
Ms. Lu was unable to live a normal life or find a job without a resident permit and graduation certificate. She lived away from home, moving from place to place, and died of liver cancer in August 2006.
22. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Addition Information Regarding Ms. Li Wenjie's Arrest
Ms. Li Wenjie was arrested at her rented home in Lanxi County at noon on November 26, 2009. The police ransacked her home and confiscated the following items: a computer, a printer, her husband's phone book, work permit, ID card, wage card, hr salary of 3200 yuan cash, rice, and vegetable oil. Where she is being detained is unclear.
Ms. Li's family Dafa materials production site was damaged on November 15, 2006. She decided to leave home to avoid persecution and eventually moved to Lanxi County.
23. [Shanghai] Ms. Li Hongzhen Arrested and Taken to the Qingpu Brainwashing Center
Changning Police Department's Domestic Security Division officer Wang Yu and others arrested Ms. Li Hongzhen from Yan'an West Road in the Changning District on October 22, 2009. They took her to the Qingpu Law School (a brainwashing facility). There is no news of her so far. Ms. Li had previously served a five-year prison term at the Shanghai Women's Prison.
Ms. Li's husband is seriously ill at home, and she was his caregiver. He is now uncared for.
Shanghai City Law School: 86-21-69219122, 86-21-69207773
Wang Yu, Domestic Security Division officer: 86-13061996102, 86-21-23039443
24. [Wulumuqi City, Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Zhang Ruiling Persecuted
Ms. Zhang Ruiling was subjected to forced labor twice. She was in the Wulumuqi Women's Forced Labor Camp from March 2008 to September 2009. During that time, division heads Li Zongping and Zhang Fan instructed drug offenders to try to "reform" her. They forced her to stand for a long time, deprived her of sleep, tried to force her to write the three statements to renounce Falun Gong, forced her to do excessive work, and tried to force her to write statements slandering Dafa.
25. [Chenzhou City, Hunan Province] A Number of Practitioners from Yongxing County Arrested
Officers from the Yongxing 610 Office and from the Yongxing County Police Department's Domestic Security Division arrested 32 practitioners from Yongxing County at noon on November 21, 2009, and took them to the Yongxing Detention Center. Practitioners over 60 years old were forced to pay fines and were released. Ten practitioners under 60 years old are being held in custody. Four practitioners, including Ms. Cao Shuiju and Ms. Wang Bixiang, were sent to the local detention center.
Yin Shuiping, 610 Office head: 86-13973538472,
Zeng Yigang, 610 Office deputy head: 86-13087256676, 86-735-5523599, 86-735-5566610
Li Songlin, Domestic Security Division head: 86-13975588829, 86-735-5566086
December 1, 2009