(Clearwisdom.net) Just before the new year, I suddenly lost my hearing. This was no small matter. How could a deaf person communicate easily with others? How could a deaf practitioner talk to people about Falun Gong? I understood that this was a form of persecution by the old forces.

After calming down, I began thinking about the possible causes of this phenomenon. Master has told us that we must not accept any arrangement made by the old forces. I must have conformed to the old forces without knowing it. Hence, I started to send righteous thoughts frequently every day to remove the influence of the old forces. Within about two weeks, shortly after the new year, my hearing returned to normal.

On April 16, my bicycle collided with a large three-wheeled vehicle carrying a load of beer. It happened so suddenly that while falling over, only one thought came to mind, "I am all right." When the driver of the other vehicle helped me up, I said to him, "I am fine. You can go about your own business."

While sitting on the sidewalk, I began to look inward for the cause for the accident. Surely, I must have overlooked something and allowed the old forces to harm me. On the other hand, this was an opportunity to clarify the facts about Falun Gong to the driver. I could have told the driver that because I was a Falun Gong practitioner, I would not ask him for any compensation. He might be willing to withdraw from the CCP, also, from the experience. At the very least, he would get the idea that Dafa practitioners have a high moral standard. I regretted very much that I had missed an opportunity.

After returning home, my spouse and other family members insisted that I go to the hospital to be examined. A CT scan showed a fracture in my spinal column. I was told that it would take two to three months to recover. I recognized that this was an ordinary person's thinking.

While lying in bed for 10 days, I finished reading Zhuan Falun, listened to the Guangzhou lectures twice, read all of Master's articles at various conferences, and sent righteous thoughts at other times. After six days, I could turn over by myself. After 11 days, I was able to sit down, and after 18 days I could walk around.

In less than a month, I could do all the exercises again. I started with the sitting exercise. My legs were painful just sitting in the half-lotus position. Then I thought to myself, "Since it is going to be painful, I might as well do the full lotus position." It turned out that when sitting in the full lotus position, there was no pain. In the standing exercises I had some concern about the fourth exercise because it required bending. Then, I told myself not to have negative thoughts. I didn't encounter any problems doing the exercises. All this has shown me that the one's mindset really does determine everything.