(Clearwisdom.net) (By a correspondent from Lanzhou City) On October 1, 2009, a 45-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Yang Xiaojing, passed away as a result of the long-term harassment, threats, and persecution by the officials of the Chinese Communist Party. Ms. Yang was severely harassed by the Lanzhou City police during the days leading to her death.

On September 29, Ms. Yang suffered from severe edema, with her waist swelling to 3.5 feet. She had difficulty moving, and needed assistance to go to the bathroom. Another Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Zhu Fengjuan from the Xigu District of Lanzhou City, came to Ms. Yang's rented apartment to take care of her. At approximately 3 p.m., about 10 officials, including the guards from Ms. Zhu's employer (Factory No. 471), local policemen, and community personnel, forced their way into Ms. Yang's place. Three of them blocked the door, a few guarded the stairways, and the rest went into Ms. Yang's room, asking questions continuously. They took Ms. Zhu away, and arrested her.

They also called police from the Gaoxin Development, Anning District that has jurisdiction over Ms. Yang's landlord's residence. At 8 p.m. on September 30, that police department sent over their chief with the last name of Wu (female), a policeman with the last name of Cheng, and other policemen to the landlord's home. In addition, personnel from the Lanzhou Anning 610 Office, Domestic Security of Anning, sub-bureau of Anning, Domestic Safety, and the Chengguan 610 Office also showed up at the residence. Over 10 officials harassed and questioned Ms. Yang's father, the landlord, and Ms. Liu, who was taking care of Ms. Yang at the time, for over four hours. Ms. Liu and the landlord repeatedly clarified the facts about Falun Dafa to them, and the officials finally left after midnight.

Ms. Yang was terrified during the harassment ordeal. Her face turned blue and she experienced shortness of breath. She lost strength to even lift her head, and finally lost consciousness. Ms. Yang passed away at 3 a.m. on October 1, 2009.

Ms. Yang's husband, Cao Dong, is currently illegally detained at the Tianshui Prison, Gansu Province.