(Clearwisdom.net) (correspondent reporting from Hunan Province) In November 2008, police officers from Baiyun Township, Shimen County, Changde City arrested Ms. Guan Yong'e, a retired doctor who worked in Baiyun Township Medical Center, Shimen County, Changde City, Hunan Province. She was arrested because she had a firm faith in Falun Dafa and clarified the truth about Falun Gong to people in the township.

Later about eight officials from Shimen County 610 Office and the local Domestic Security Division ransacked her home leaving a mess behind. Her husband, who worked in Water Resource Bureau, Shimen County, was threatened with suspension from his job. After Ms. Guan was detained in the detention center for a long time, she trembled all over and fainted often. Sometimes she fell down in a deadly faint because of serious headaches.

The officials from the court said they would hold a session in April to sentence Ms. Guan. But on the scheduled date, the officials said the session was postponed due to insufficient evidence. Ten days later, the court sent another notice to hold a session. In the court, there was no lawyer to defend Ms. Guan. She defended herself on the grounds of innocence. She talked about her own cultivation experience as well as her benefits from Falun Dafa. She said it's legal and appropriate to tell people about her personal experience. In the meantime, she also persuaded the officials to stop the behavior of helping the CCP tyrants to do evil, and, instead, choose a wonderful future for themselves because the goodness is rewarded with good and the evil meets with evil.

On September 18, 2009, the Intermediate Court in Changde City sentenced Ms. Guan to a three year prison term and later the appeal court sustained the original verdict.

In April 2007, Ms. Guan accompanied Ms. Zhu Guilin's elderly mother and other relatives to the labor camp in Zhuzhou, where Ms. Zhu Guilin was detained. Then and there Ms. Guan was detained for 15 days without any reason. Upon her return, the officials from the police station and the local general administration office asked her to attend a "study class", which was actually at the brainwashing center. They said that they were given a quota of three persons, so she had to go even if she didn't want to. In such a situation, Ms. Guan was forced to leave her home and become homeless for more than half a year to avoid more persecution.