Name: Guo Zhaoqing (郭照青)
Gender: Female
Age: 37
Address: Wuling District, Changde City, Hunan Province
Occupation: Government officer at the Yiyang City People's Arts Center
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 21, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Changde City No. 1 Detention Center (常德市第一看守所)
City: Changde
Province: Hunan
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, forced labor, illegal sentencing, beatings, hung by handcuffed wrists, imprisonment, torture, extortion, detention
Key Persecutors: Wang Yongkang (王永康), Wu Xiyong (吴希勇), Huang Junhua (黄军华)

( (By a correspondent from Hunan Province) Ms. Guo Zhaoqing, a college graduate, was a government officer at the Yiyang City People's Arts Center. She began practicing Falun Dafa in 1996 and became a local coordinator in April 1999. Because of her practice, authorities removed her as Secretary-general of the Yiyang City Calligraphers Association.

Ms. Guo Zhaoqing

Between 1999 and 2009, Ms. Guo was arrested nine times and subjected to various kinds of torture. In 2000, she was arrested after going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, and was held in Tianjin City. On January 16, 2001, she was arrested and sent to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Chenzhou City for a two-year term. While in the labor camp, she suffered from a number of tortures including being hung by her handcuffed wrists, electric shock torture, and beatings until she was on the verge of death. On December 20, 2004, Ms. Guo and her parents were arrested by Wang Yongkang, Wu Xiyong, Huang Junhua and other police officers in Wuling District, Changde City. The officers also took more than 23,000 yuan in cash from the family.

On April 21, 2009, Ms. Guo was arrested in Beihu District, Chenzhou City. More than a dozen officers broke into her home and brutally beat her. She fell to the ground and passed out, covered with blood. To cover up their brutality, the officers cleaned up the blood on the ground before they took pictures of the scene. Ms. Guo was held in Chenzhou for nine days and suffered brutal tortures for refusing to cooperate with the police. She was paralyzed when she was transferred to the Linli Detention Center in Changde City on April 29, 2009.

Ms. Guo was later transferred to the Changde City No. 1 Detention Center. Her elderly parents traveled numerous times between Yiyang City and Changde City to ask that authorities provide proper medical treatment to their daughter. The authorities turned a deaf ear to their requests. As a result of the delayed treatment, Ms. Guo's legs atrophied.

On December 2, 2009, when Ms. Guo's parents went to visit her, they were told by the detention center that Ms. Guo had been sentenced to a ten-year term and would be sent to Changsha City in early December to serve her term.

Wang Yongkang, deputy director of the Wuling District Public Security Department: 86-13907368133 (Cell)
Wu Xiyong, chief of the Wuling District Domestic Security Division: 86-13077233693 (Cell)
Huang Junhua, deputy chief of the Wuling District Domestic Security Division: 86-13907368136 (Cell)
Dai Xi, director of the Wuling Districe 610 Office: 86-13762681513 (Cell)
Luo Hairong, director of the Wuling District State Security Department: 86-13973651255 (Cell)
Xia Youchu, president of the Wuling District Court: 86-13908410816 (Cell)
Mao Huacan, vice president of the Wuling District Court: 86-13974219582 (Cell)