Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Bai Qunfang, in her sixties, in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province became homeless and destitute to avoid persecution. On October 1, 2009, she was deceived and illegally arrested by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) authorities. She is now being persecuted in the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. The authorities sent two police vehicles and more than ten officers to arrest Ms. Bai, a farmer. Ms. Bai's husband, Yang Jianzhong, 71, also practices Falun Dafa and is currently under house arrest and deprived of personal freedom. CCP agents follow Mr. Yang even when he does grocery shopping.

On September 30, Ms. Bai and Mr. Yang, who worked for the 7111 Astronautics Factory in Chengdu City, visited their classmate in Xindu. That night, Ms. Bai received a telephone call from her hometown's CCP party secretary, Chen Hongbing (Ms. Bai's ex-husband's younger brother), in Tuqiao Village, Hesheng Town. Chen Hongbing told Ms. Bai, "As long as you return to your hometown, I guarantee that nothing will happen to you. If you don't come back and are arrested by police, you will have to be responsible for everything, and our village cannot protect you." Ms. Bai believed Cheng's lie and agreed to return to Hesheng Town.

The next morning, Ms. Bai returned to Hesheng Town by herself. Many agents of the Hesheng Town government, Hesheng Town 610 Office, and police station were waiting for her. She was immediately arrested and taken back to Xindu, where they forced her to lead them to Mr. Yang. That morning at about 11:40, the police found Mr. Yang in his residence, arrested him, and took him to the 7111 Astronautics Factory. They also put his residence under constant surveillance. Mr. Yang had to report to the factory's security department before going anywhere. Police sent Luo Zhongqi to monitor Mr. Yang at home.

Ms. Bai was then sent to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center to be persecuted. After Mr. Yang was sent back home, Li Shanqing, security department chair at the 7111Astronautics Factory, along with assistant chair Jia Xiaodong, and two local police officers (badge IDs 072499 and 072500) came to Mr. Yang's home and videotaped him. These persecutors threatened Mr. Yang, "You are not allowed to go out freely. You have to report to us first if you want to do anything. If you go shopping nearby, you need to ask Luo Zhongqi to go with you or ask Luo Zhongqi to go for you. You must follow our orders, or you will be punished."

Other details on the persecution of Ms. Bai and her family:

On January 15, 2000, Ms. Bai and fellow practitioner Chen Jinhua went to Beijing's Tiananmen Square to appeal for the right to practice Falun Dafa. They were arrested and transferred to the custody of police officers Feng Zhiyong and Li Hongyuan from Hesheng Town in Wenjiang (Feng and Li also stole 800 yuan from these practitioners). Ms. Bai and Ms. Chen were persecuted in the Wenjiang Detention Center. A related article on the persecution of Chen Jinhua in Chengdu City was published on the Minghui website on June 26, 2008.

After Ms. Bai was released, she was still harassed and persecuted by the CCP authorities in Hesheng Town and Tuqiao Village. The earthquake in Sichuan Province on May 12, 2008 destroyed Ms. Bai's house. She was entitled to receive compensation from the government, but the CCP authorities in Hesheng Town withheld her compensation and denied her welfare housing because she practices Falun Dafa.

As for Mr. Yang, he made extraordinary contributions to the 7111 Astronautics Factory. While auditing the books for the factory's two major construction projects, Mr. Yang saved the factory tens of millions of yuan in falsely-reported construction costs. Mr. Yang received no reward in return. Instead, he has been brutally persecuted for practicing Falun Dafa. CCP agents in the factory also persecute Mr. Yang's son, Yang Yifan, who is also a Falun Dafa practitioner. Yifan became homeless to avoid persecution for over one and a half years. Despite Yifan's major contributions to the development of the factory's astronautical products, the factory not only refused to protect him but even took this chance to fire Yifan.

Mr. Yang Jianzhong was arrested again on August 7, 2008, one day before the Beijing Olympic Games. This time Mr. Yang was illegally detained and persecuted for over five months. After his release, the 7111Astronautics Factory confiscated over 20,000 yuan from him and withheld all of his salary and bonus. Authorities monitored Mr. Yang and his telephone conversations every day and intensified the harassment on the CCP's so-called "sensitive days."

After Mr. Yang was arrested on August 7, 2008, police from Chengdu City drove more than ten police vehicles to Hesheng Town. Guns in hand, the police searched for Ms. Bai. Ms. Bai has since had to leave home to avoid persecution. She lived in very poor conditions.

On September 10, 2009, six or seven officers from Wenjiang Police Department broke in and ransacked Bai Qunfang's home. They took away five books, including Zhuan Falun, and even Nobel Literature Prize books. They provided no receipt for what they took. This is the third time that the police ransacked her home.

On the night of September 30, 2009, CCP agents in Hesheng Town found out that Ms. Bai was in Xindu. They immediately gathered many people and drove two vehicles to the 7111Astronautics Factory to plan an arrest with the factory's security department. Meanwhile Wang Hongtao, the local CCP party secretary, factory manager Yi Huachang, and other officials drove four vehicles to search for Mr. Yang. Sun Guangyou, the CCP secretary of the retirement department, and deputy secretary Cheng Dongfang also actively cooperated.

The next morning, CCP agents from Hesheng Town, along with 7111 Astronautics Factory security department assistant chair Jia Xiaodong, Zhang Wuxiu, and Luo Zhongqi, drove three cars to Xindu, where they forced Ms. Bai to lead them to Mr. Yang.