(Clearwisdom.net) On September 27, 2009, practitioners Mr. Kong Xiangsheng, Mr. Cheng Xiaobao, and Mr. Zhang Yi in Xiangfan, Hubei Province, were arrested by police in the Domestic Security Division. They were taken to the 9th team in the Shayang Forced Labor Camp. Officials there put them in solitary confinement, torturing them every day. Several of Mr. Kong's teeth were knocked out. Mr. Cheng's leg was beaten so badly that he developed a limp, and Mr. Zhang's back was injured.

In the morning on September 30, 2009, someone in charge at the Hubei Forced Labor Bureau went to the 9th brigade to do an inspection. Mr. Zhang Yi, who was being held in a solitary cell, shouted, "Falun Gong is good! Stop persecuting Falun Gong!" His mouth was taped shut and he was beaten by inmates Tian Yong (from Yichang), Chen Sandeng (from Xiantao), and others. They used a small bench to hit him, seriously injuring Mr. Zhang's back. It was very difficult for him to move, and he hurt all over. Team leader Wei Peng was there during the entire process.

At around 8 a.m on October 1, 2009, the 9th team held a flag-raising ceremony. Mr. Kong Xiangsheng and Mr. Zhang shouted, "Falun Gong is good! Quitting the CCP saves lives! Stop persecuting Falun Gong!" Mr. Zhang was dragged into a solitary cell, his mouth was taped shut, and he was beaten severely by inmates Tian Yong, Chen Sandeng, and Zhou Jiliang (from Shishou). Mr. Kong was beaten by inmates Qi Kehong (from Yichang), Jin Yucai (from Jingshan), and Feng Bing (from Dangyang). Inmate Qi Kehong tied Mr. Kong's hands to the bed frame and poked his hands and body with a needle. He tied up Mr. Kong's arms, put him under the bed, and made it so that he could not sit straight. Qi also forced Mr. Kong to squat or stand for a long time, making his toes turn raw and purple. The abuse was instigated by officer He Bingrong. Mr. Kong was to be detained for anther ten days. Since he frequently resisted persecution, he was taken to a "rescue center" and assaulted with electric batons. Several of his teeth were knocked out.

Just after October 1, those in charge ordered the practitioners to write statements that they had been "transformed." When Mr. Cheng Xiaobao refused, inmates Xiang Wei (from Yi Chang) and Huang Degang were ordered torture him. They did not allow him to sleep and kicked him in the legs. Huang Degang then proceeded to stuff flour dough into Mr. Cheng's mouth and beat him.