(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Shao Changhua and Ms. Zhang Guilan from Dandong City, Liaoning Province were arrested in 2004. They were detained at the Dandong Police Station and Shenyang City Women's Prison in Liaoning Province. They both suffered from brutal persecution, and Ms. Shao Changhua was subjected to sleep deprivation for over 20 days.

On October 6, 2004, Shao Changhua and Zhang Guilan were reported to the police while talking to people about Falun Gong in Yuanbao District of Dandong City. They were arrested by officers from the Jiudao Police Station in Yuanbao District.

That same night, the head of the Dandong City 610 Office realized that Ms. Zhang Guilan had been detained at the Binjiang Police Station earlier but had escaped. Then the police interrogated her and brutally beat her. Several policemen used electric batons to torture Ms. Guilan for a whole night.

On July 14, 2005, Shao Changhua was imprisoned at the Fifth Prison District of Shenyang City Women's Prison. The next morning, police team leader Zhao Xiaohong called Shao Changhua to her office and attempted to force her to write a "repentance statement" to give up Falun Gong. When Ms. Shao refused, the police and the prisoners started to beat her brutally. They forced her to squat on the ground and did not allow her to stand up, go to the restroom, wash her face, brush her teeth, or get a drink of water. The prison only provided her with steamed bread for every meal. The police and prisoners watched her in turn 24 hours a day and did not allow her to sleep. In August 2005, Ms. Shao was not allowed to sleep for over 20 days. She sometimes fell unconscious as she attempted to stand up.

One morning, prisoner Wang Mei saw Ms. Shao close her eyes. She grabbed a big brush and hit her in the face. She could not see anything out of her left eye, and the left side of her face turned black. Policewoman Zhao Xiaohong was afraid that Ms. Shao might die, and allowed her to sleep from 1:30 a.m. to 4 a.m.

On August 15, 2005, Shao Changhua was not allowed to wash for over a month and her body smelled horrible. Policewoman Zhao Xiaohong locked her in a detention room and sent two prisoners to torture her for days. On August 17, Shao Changhua's family members came to the prison to visit her. Prisoners Jiang Yi and Jiang Dongmei gave Ms. Shao a pen and paper and attempted to force her to write the three statements for giving up Falun Gong. They said that if she wrote the statements, she could see her family members. When she refused, the two prisoners started to beat her. They grabbed her by the hair and hit her head on the wall and the metal bed frame. Ms. Shao fell unconscious from the blows, but the prisoners continued the beating as soon as she woke up again.

On October 6, Zhao Xiaohong started to torture Shao Changhua using an electric baton. She tortured Ms. Shao every day with an electric baton from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

One Sunday in the end of October, Zhao Xiaohong moved Shao Changhua from the detention room to a room in a warehouse. She took off Ms. Shao's clothes and hung her from the building's beams. Then she used an electric baton to shock the sensitive areas of her body. Zhao Xiaohong did this from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. and dragged her back to the prison at 9:30 p.m. Then, she took off Ms. Shao's clothes again, forced her to squat on the ground and had other prisoners verbally abuse her.

One day in the beginning of December 2005, police locked Shao Changhua into the telephone room on the third floor. Prisoners Jiang Yi, Jiang Dongmei, Gao Mingjuan, Chen Fengyun, Liu Xiaoyan and Cao Fang forcibly took off her clothes, covered up her mouth and started to brutally beat her. She suffered multiple broken ribs as a result of the brutal beating.