(Clearwisdom.net) (By a correspondent from Inner Mongolia) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Pi Changfu and his wife are from Zhalaihe, Dayangshu Farm Bureau, Elunchun Autonomous Prefecture, Hulunbeier City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. The couple was recently illegally arrested.

At around 3:00 p.m. on October 31, 2009, more than 20 police officers went to Mr. Pi Changfu's home in Zhalaihe. Without showing a warrant, they arrested Mr. Pi and his wife and ransacked their home. Zhang Dekuan from Zhalaihe, Li Benxue from Dayangshu in Alihe, Li Xuebin from Wulubutie Town, and police officer Zhang Minglin participated in the arrest. They took many copies of Falun Gong books, at least 4 MP3 players, 2 computers, 1 notebook computer, and 1 printer. The amount of stationery (inventory from Mr. Pi's family-run store) and money that the police took is unclear. Mr. Pi's daughter's 6,000 yuan in cash and her diary were also taken. The store was made a terrible mess. The police did these things while disregarding strong protests from Mr. Pi's father, who is in his 70s.

Seven police officers ransacked Mr. Pi's home the second time on the afternoon of November 3, 2009. Only Mr. Pi's elderly father was at home. He was so distressed and angry that he was unable to tell what had been taken.

Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started the persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Pi and his wife have often been harassed. Mr. Pi was held at a detention center for 7 days on one occasion and was forced to pay 10,000 yuan for bail. He left home and became homeless in June 2007 for over six months.

Mr. Pi and his wife, Ms. Huang Aixia, are both 44 years old. Prior to practicing Falun Gong, the couple suffered from multiple illnesses. Mr. Pi was unable to do any work for four years because of his poor health. He even coughed up blood and had a bad temper. After he began to practice Falun Gong, he followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, and his temper became balanced, he regained his health, and his family became harmonious. Ms. Huang suffered from severe colitis. Half of her body was so numb that she was almost half-paralyzed when she was in her 30s. She also suffered from severe migraines. She had lost all hope. After seeing her husband's positive changes from practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Huang began listening to audiotapes of the Falun Gong teachings. Because she had not attended school and was illiterate, she could only listen to Master Li's lectures. All her illnesses were miraculously cured within several months.