Recording the Stories of Older Fellow Practitioners
(Clearwisdom.net) At the time of the Mid-autumn Festival, I heard many heart-moving stories of older fellow practitioners from my hometown. The stories of their righteous thoughts and their righteous paths in validating the Fa have moved me so much that I am writing about some of them to share, and to encourage everyone.
(1) There is a seventy-six year-old practitioner who continues to walk or bike daily in the streets, the neighborhood alleys, and the stores to clarify the truth wherever she goes. One by one, she has visited old colleagues with whom she worked at various government offices, and persuaded them to withdraw from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). She told them, "Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good." One day, a local policeman came to her home. The older practitioner cordially welcomed him into her home saying, "You came, what a coincidence. I was going to find you during this holiday season to chat. Please come in." Before the officer could respond, the practitioner said to him, "Please take a moment to rest, let me tell you a few things." Then she continued telling him about how the wicked party has brought harm to sentient beings, and that its disintegration is the will and the arrangement of the heavens. As she talked and talked, the officer slowly nodded in agreement. It is in just such an atmosphere of harmony that a life came to understand the truth about Falun Dafa and the nature of the persecution. But it didn't stop there, as later, the policeman's family and those around him also came to understand the truth.
(2) A seventy-one year-old retired schoolteacher and his spouse were returning to their hometown for the holidays. On their journey, they walked from one village to the next. They helped the farmers with their farm work and the shepherds with grazing sheep as they encountered them. They went from home to home explaining the truth. Each and every person they met was persuaded to withdraw from the party. Finally, the entire village understood the truth.
(3) A mother and daughter went out to talk to people about Falun Gong and the persecution. The mother was seventy eight, the daughter fifty two. While talking, the mother spoke as if she were a loving mother telling stories to her children, explaining to each of them the principles intimately and compassionately. Those who heard her nodded repeatedly, agreeing to withdraw from the wicked party, and to firmly remember "Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good." It's just as Teacher once told us,
"The greatest manifestation of shan is compassion, and it is an expression of tremendous energy. It can disintegrate all that is not right." ("Fa Teaching at the 2009 Washington DC International Fa Conference")
(4) Aunt Zhu is seventy-two this year. Her spouse passed away over ten years ago and her life has been difficult and hard. When I noticed her the other day, she was standing near a bus stop, explaining the facts to people. Aunt Zhu had been eliminating karma, and had a tired look on her face. But with her harmonious expression and her gentle tone, she clarified the truth tirelessly. The saved sentient beings departed with a smile as Aunt Zhu bid them farewell with happiness on her face. The scene was truly heart moving, I couldn't help but shed warm tears.
(5) This explains yet another case. Upon hearing that a fellow practitioner was too seriously ill to return from out of town, this practitioner voluntarily took the train to pick him up, as his relatives were worried to death. After they returned, they studied the Fa, sent forth righteous thoughts, and exchanged experiences together to quickly bring the fellow practitioner out of his illness. This practitioner wholeheartedly gave to others, even though the situation was only a little better in her family. Her mother-in-law had just passed away, and her father-in-law, in his nineties, was in need of personal care. In particular, she also shoulders much of the work and responsibilities in making truth clarification materials, etc.
The extraordinary stories of older practitioners around me are simply too numerous to cover here. Some of them are very elderly, others live in poverty, but they believe in Teacher and in the Fa. They are walking their righteous paths with righteous thoughts. For example, there is one practitioner who cleans the supermarket in the daytime, and prints informational materials in the evening. When others asked her if her work was tiresome, she replied, "During the day I am a cleaner, at night I am a divine being that safeguards the Fa."
There are thousands upon thousands of such young and old fellow practitioners that constitute the entire body of Dafa disciples. Only by immersing ourselves in Dafa can such a purely true, purely benevolent, and indestructible body be formed.
Date: October 13, 2009