Name: Duan Tilin (段体林)
Age: 42
Address: Hebei Forest Administration鹤北林业局
Occupation: Staff worker

Date of Most Recent Arrest:Unknown
Most recent place of detention:
Jiamusi City Prison (佳木斯监狱)
City: Jimusi
Persecution Suffered:
Imprisonment, Forced Labor, Beating
Key Persecutors:
Jing Peng (景鹏)

( (Correspondent from Heilongjiang Province) Mr. Duan Tilin was sentenced to three years in prison because of his steadfast belief in Falun Dafa and for adhering to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. He is now suffering abuse in Jiamusi City Prison.

At around 8:00 a.m. on January 19, 2009, an inmate named Zhao Po in Branch I of Ward VII where Mr. Duan was held, was directed by the warden Jing Peng, to force Mr. Duan to perform hard labor and operate machines in the workshop. Mr. Duan tried to reason with Jing which caused Jing to explode with anger and start punching and kicking Mr. Duan's head and body. After beating him repeatedly with his hands and feet, Jing switched to a rubber baton, and used it to keep hitting Mr. Duan's arms and back. Jing continued until Mr. Duan passed out.

A while later, the prison manager came to inspect the work progress. Warden Zheng hid Mr. Duan away so that his injuries would not be seen. Afterward, they brought Mr. Duan back, and Jing continued beating him until Mr. Duan agreed to work.

At about 5:00 p.m. on March 11, 2009, Dou Ligang, a lead inmate in Branch I-B felt that Mr. Duan did not do enough work and beat him. Jing came over and encouraged Dou's actions and also blamed Mr. Duan

At about 7:00 a.m. the next morning, under Jing's coercion, Dou again found fault with Mr. Duan and beat him up in the shop. No one made any attempt to stop him. Gong Peifeng, the officer in charge acted as though nothing had happened. A long while later, Gong said: "Don't beat him any more. Duan, come over here." Dou hit him again even when Duan was walking toward Gong, and Gong did not say anything. Due to Jing's beating, Mr. Duan's head and one of his ears became swollen and he had a headache for many days. His arm and back were bruised in large patches and he could not put on or take off his clothes for five to six days. Despite his injuries, Mr. Duan was still forced to work.

At around 2:30 p.m. on July 13, 2009, Mr. Duan had a badly swollen arm which he could not move. He went to show it to Jing, who said he did not see any swelling but only saw a bump. Mr. Duan argued with him. Jing berated and beat Mr. Duan, dragging him by his clothes and punching him in the head. After beating him for a while, he felt that it was still not enough, and he picked up a wrench and hit Mr. Duan's back with it. Later, he dragged him to the office in the workshop and continued to beat him. Two other officers in the office, Ru Zhiming and Du Yihong said, "Why don't you use a baton?" So Jing picked up the rubber baton and used it to beat Mr. Duan's back and hips. Mr. Duan's head, face, and ears all became swollen and his back and hips were bruised all over. He could not turn his neck for several days.

Mr. Duan has been transferred to Branch II of Ward II. The production team leader there, Zhao Jinpeng, actively persecuted practitioners. Guards Zhu Feng, Chen Hua, and Liu Po were all unsympathetic toward the practitioners. Cheng Hua had hit practitioner Sun Ren. Once, Mr. Sun went to see practitioner Yan Dashan in the shop at noon. Chen Hua saw this and slapped Mr. Sun.

Chen Huan and Liu Po have searched practitioners' bodies and their beds many times. They seized one copy of Zhuan Falun. Zhu Feng, along with Zhao Jinpeng, found and seized an MP4 player from Mr. Yan Dashan in February, 2009. They also arbitrarily deprived practitioners of their visitation rights.

In mid August 2009, the prison installed new monitors in cells and workshops to further control and persecute practitioners.