Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Gu Jiumei, from Dongliao County, Liaoyuan City in Jilin Province, was illegally arrested in January 2008, and then transfered to the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. She was tortured in the Second Team of the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp. In the afternoon, around 3:30 p.m. on June 1, guard Jia Hongyan interrogated Ms. Gu Jiumei and forced her to write a "mental-state" report. Ms. Gu Jiumei refused. Then Jia Hongyan slapped her face, forcibly took off her coat and used an electric baton to directly shock her body. The torture lasted until after 5 p.m. Jia Hongyan said that she would increase the time every month to shock Ms. Gu Jiumei with an electric baton.

Ms. Gu Jiumei's body was burned severely and had more than 50 wounds. The areas struck by electric baton were all red and swollen. Her whole body was in tremendous pain. The third day after Ms. Gu Jiumei was tortured, she requested to see the doctor. The guards in the forced labor camp punished her by extending her detention time and not allowing her to see her family from June to September.

In November, Ms. Gu Jiumei's detention time was extended by the guards because she refused to fill out the guards' "questionnaire." Other practitioners whose terms were extended ten more days included Ms. An Fengxiang, Jin Yingshi and Meng Chunfang.

The guards also used other criminals to watch and monitor practitioners. If the criminals found something and reported it to the guards, the forced labor camp would reduce their detention time and increase the practitioners' detention time. The guards searched Ms. Gu Jiumei's body and forced her to do slave labor. The guards' team leaders, Liu Lianying and Ren Feng, did not allow the practitioners' families to bring food to them or eat with them. In order to persecute detainees financially, the forced labor camp ran a shop inside the forced labor camp to sell goods to them at high prices.

In July 2008, practitioner Ms. An Fengxiang from Changchun City was continuously beaten and shocked by guards Liu Lianying and Liu Shuxia for an entire morning, which caused her to faint. On September 3, guards Liu Lianying and Jia Hongyan beat and used electric batons to shock practitioners Ms. Mou Guiling and Ms. Qin Xiuli. Ms. Mou Guiling was severely injured and many holes were burned through her clothing. Ms. Qin Xiuli was shocked for two successive days. The second day, guards Liu Lianying and Jia Hongyan shocked her continuously for more than an hour.

The guards and criminals in the Second Team of the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp brutally persecute Falun Dafa practitioners. The practitioners reported the abuse to the forced labor camp, but no CCP personnel responded. They just allow the guards continue to persecute the practitioners. The forced labor camp building has a Procuratorate mailbox for complaints and appeals, but it is just for show. Actually, anyone who drops a letter into the mailbox to appeal will be tortured by the guards.