(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Xiuqin, a Falun Gong practitioner from Xining City, Qinghai Province, has been unconscious for several days from the maltreatment she received in Xining City Detention Center, where she was sent on December 7, 2008. At first, there were three guards monitoring Ms. Zhang, but when she fell unconscious, the administrator reduced this to one guard, then removed the guards altogether. Officials claimed the center would let her husband take responsibility for the state of her health.

Ms. Zhang Xiuqin is around 47 years old. On the evening of November 13, 2008, someone reported her to the authorities while she was distributing information about the persecution of Falun Gong near Nanshan Street in Xining City. Officers from Nantan Police Station arrested her and sent her to the Xining City Detention Center that night.

According to guards in the detention center, at around midnight on December 7, 2008, Ms. Zhang suddenly passed out. The center doctor and nurses tried to resuscitate her, but when she couldn't be revived they took her to the Qinghai Province Red Cross Hospital. On the morning of December 8, guards found Ms. Zhang's husband (via officers of the Nantan Police Station) and told him to go look after his wife in the hospital. The head of the police station, who had arrested Ms. Zhang, ranted at Ms. Zhang's husband, complaining that Ms. Zhang had given them a lot of trouble.

Ms. Zhang remained unconscious while she was in the hospital. As of December 11, 2008, she had not regained consciousness. The doctors said there was fluid accumulation affecting her brain and heart. However, the hospital will not allow anyone to see her close up, including her husband. He can only see her through a TV hookup.

The Qinghai Province Red Cross Hospital is directly affiliated with the city's legislative system. Mr. He Wanji, a Falun Gong practitioner, and an officer at Xining City Police Department Railroad Branch, died in this hospital in May 2003. The medical staff said Mr. He was in a coma when he arrived. Mr. He had been sentenced to 17 years and imprisoned in Haomen Prison in Haibei Zhou.

On May 28, 2003, the guards at Menyuan Prison notified He Wanji's family that he had died from a stroke.

Ms. Zhang Xiuqin has never been unconscious before. However, after 20 days in detention, she is in a coma. All those responsible for her condition will not escape justice.

Organizations and Individuals Involved in Ms. Shang's case:

Qinghai Provincial Party Committee

Xining City Party Committee

Qinghai National Police Agency

Xining Public Security Bureau

Qinghai 610 Office

Xining City Detention Center

Lu Yonglin, Nantan Police Station Director: 86-13389717488 (Cell)