(Clearwisdom.net) During the time leading up to the Olympics, the Chinese government tried to pretend that harmony and peace was the norm. At the same time, Communist Party officials stepped up their persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. The Luzhou City 610 Office specifically assigned one division of its criminal police force to Falun Gong practitioners. The home of practitioners Mr. Wei Fengming and Ms. Luo Shuizhen was watched and monitored 24 hours a day. Every day, seven to eight people were stationed there. When Ms. Luo went to her daughter's home to help out because the daughter had just delivered a baby, the people assigned to monitor her went along to harass her.

Mr. Wei and Ms. Luo were forced to leave their home to avoid being arrested. In response, the police officers from the same station went to all of Mr. Wei and Ms. Luo's relatives to harass and threaten them. They told the relatives that they should report Mr. Wei and Ms. Luo as soon as they reappeared. However, when they did not find Mr. Wei and Ms. Luo, they withheld Ms. Luo's pension so that the couple does not have any income at all.

In addition, Communist Party officials kept Ms. Luo's son-in-law's home under surveillance, and harassed the people in the house. Seven or eight people went to one of Ms. Luo's relatives tea salon to harass them. They raised a great ruckus and asked the relatives to bring the couple to the police station. Otherwise, they threatened, the relatives would be also be implicated and would themselves be persecuted. One of the relatives who was threatened is an unemployed worker and has trouble making ends meet. The police officers also harassed Ms. Luo's son-in-law's employer. They ordered the son-in-law and his supervisor to go to the police department. There, the son-in-law and the supervisor were threatened and pressured. The son-in-law was ordered to help find the couple. He was threatened with the loss of his job if he did not find his in-laws.

A total of three people in Ms. Luo's family have been taken to prison during the past few years: In 2000, Ms. Luo and her son went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and were arrested. They were detained for eight months and then put in a brainwashing class. At the brainwashing class, Ms. Luo wrote "Falun Dafa is good", and was sentenced to two more years in prison where she was brutally tortured, physically and mentally. Mr. Wei was arrested and taken to prison when he was seen explaining the Falun Gong situation to someone. While Mr. Wei was tortured in prison, Ms. Luo was again arrested and sentenced to three years of forced labor.

A previously happy family was tortured and broken, and there are numerous families like them who suffer in the same way from the persecution of Falun Gong. In the end of 2006, Ms. Luo's family was finally reunited, but they still are still not allowed to enjoy peace. At present, Ms. Luo and Mr. Wei still cannot go home or they risk being arrested again.

September 10, 2008