(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Liu Xiaolian (69), is a resident of Chibi Town, Chibi City, Hubei Province. In 1958, Ms. Liu suddenly felt extreme pain in both eyes. Within half a month, she became blind in her right eye. In 1995, she began to practice Falun Gong. Within two weeks, she had regained sight in her right eye. She became more peaceful, healthy, and compassionate.

After Jiang's regime started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Liu was brutally beaten many times. On December 6, 2002, she was detained at the Chibi City First Detention Center. She was beaten by 10 guards and prisoners. Her body was drawn into five directions by five people who dislocated her joints and injured her private part. Others took turns beating her while she was hung by metal chains and that weighed 55 lbs. On February 4, 2004, a torture specialist from the United Nations called for information on Ms. Liu Xiaolian. On May 29, 2004, after 5 months of torture at the detention center, Ms. Liu was carried back home by agencies from the town government and police station.

In April 2006, she distributed fliers with information about Falun Gong and was arrested by police informants. Chibi City Department police took her to the Psychiatric Department at the Puqi City General Textile Mill Hospital and treated her as a patient with a mental disorder. At same time, Falun Dafa practitioners Mr. Huang Zhonghui and Mr. Xu Yong, from the Liumiqiao General Textile Mill, Puqi City, were also arrested, classified as patients with a mental disorder and tortured.

Police officers instructed medical professionals to inject the detainees with potentially harmful medication and forced them to administer psychoactive drugs. Detainees' food was also drugged. Practitioners' families were not allowed to visit. Ms. Liu Xiaolian was physically and mentally tortured for over two years in this way. Ms. Liu is now suffering from edema and has difficulty eating. She was released only when she was on the brink of death and the doctors predicted that she had only about twenty days left to live.

Ms. Liu Xiaolian said that Mr. Huang Zhonghui and Mr. Xu Yong, who are in their thirties and forties, were tortured even more severely than she was because they were younger. Mr. Huang was blinded in both eyes by the torture. Mr. Xu was tortured so severely, he lost consciousness.

At the Psychiatric Department, Ms. Liu Xiaolian was brutally beaten, injected with toxic medication, fed toxic medication pills, shocked with high-voltage electric batons, and insulted by male, mentally ill patients. Soon after she was taken to the hospital, she was tortured until she could no longer speak. The people most involved in torturing her are Dr. Zhang, the chief of the hospital, and three others. Zhang bargained with community party officers from the Chibi Town government and the police station that he wanted 6000 yuan to torture Ms. Liu. Zhang and his accomplice shocked Ms. Liu four hours with an electric baton. They also force fed her toxic medication and injected her through an intravenous with a drug that made her whole body look dark. At the time, Ms. Liu lost consciousness for two days in a row. When she woke up, she could no longer speak. Since she lost the ability to speak, she started to write letters, which she handed to Zhang and others to persuade them to be kind. The letters disclosed that their crimes were driven by profit.

For additional information on how Ms. Liu was treated prior to 2004, see "Surviving Extreme Torture - A Lotus Flower that Never Withers," http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/12/29/43582.html

September 7, 2008