(Clearwisdom.net) On July 31, 2008, Mr. Wen Jingsong, who was only 38 years old, passed away after being threatened and tortured because of his belief in Falun Gong. His elderly parents sobbed inconsolably, his wife could not bear it, and his lovely young daughter dissolved in tears.

Wen Jingsong started to practice Falun Gong in 1998. Before that he suffered from severe tuberculosis. He was hospitalized at several different hospitals, but the treatments didn't seem to work. When his condition became worse, the hospitals would no longer accept him because he was too sick and the disease is very contagious. He was as skinny as a stick and could not take care of himself. His family lost all hope.

Mr. Wen then received a copy of the book Zhuan Falun, which changed his life. He was too weak to do any of the exercises in the beginning. He just read the book and meditated. The wonders and mighty power of Falun Dafa displayed itself as his health improved rapidly. In the fall of 1998, he was nearly fully recovered. At harvest time, he could work in the field to harvest rice. In October, the county hospital verified that he was fully recovered.

In July 1999 the persecution of Falun Gong started. To clear Falun Gong's reputation, Wen Jingsong went with several other practitioners to Beijing. He planned to use his own experience to clear up misconceptions about Falun Gong. The practitioners were arrested on their way to Beijing. He was beaten by officers of the Dalian Anti-Drug Institute. Then Deng Bo from Lanqi Police Station and Lu Bingkai, head of Lanqi Township, handcuffed him to the seat in the police vehicle and forced him to squat all the way from Dalian City to Fengcheng City. He then was taken to Caohe Brainwashing Center and released four months later.

In August 2000, he married Zhou Jing, also a Falun Gong practitioner. In August 2001 his lovely daughter was born. On April 20, 2005, Men Guangjun, director of Hongqi Police Station, and officers Wang Sen and Deng Bo broke into Mr. Wen's home and ransacked it. They then brought him to the police station for interrogation. Wang Sen slapped his face very hard, handcuffed him to a chair, and did not allow him to sleep. He was taken to Fengcheng Detention Center.

On April 22, 2008, Mr. Wen's parents, sisters, wife, and young daughter went to Hongqi Police Station and asked Men Guangjun to release him. Men dragged his three-year-old daughter by her ankle from the arms of Mr. Wen's father and handcuffed him. The rest of the family was arrested, too. Two weeks later, his sister was released. His father, Wen Cunfu, and wife, Zhou Jing, were sent to Weiningying Forced Labor Camp in Benxi City and Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for two years each. Wen Jingsong was sentenced to four and a half years of imprisonment.

Men Guangjun, Wang Sen, Deng Bo, and prison doctor Wang Lianchun threatened, intimidated, swindled, deceived, and harassed him at Fengcheng Detention Center. They tried to force him to give the police other practitioners' names. He refused to cooperate and endured the torture.

Mr. Wen was not a strong to start with. His health deteriorated from the torture. Finally his old illness recurred, and he started to vomit blood. Despite this, Fengcheng Detention Center officials did not care whether he lived or died, and tried again to send him to Shenyang Beida Prison after they failed the first time. Beida Prison officials later transferred him to Beixi Prison. On August 12, 2006, the dying Wen Singsong was released on medical bail.

Mr. Wen was not left in peace after he got home. Benxi Prison officials called his home and sent people to harass him every six months, telling him to get a medical statement from the hospital and village officials to verify his qualification for medical bail. They also warned him not to study Falun Gong or do the Falun Gong exercises. He was in constant fear and pain and had no chance to recover. Finally he passed away.

Wen Jingsong recovered from the verge of death by practicing Falun Gong, but he died as a result of brutal CCP persecution.

Related article:


September 1, 2008