(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Chen Xibu, 56, lived in Dashizhunag Village, Xinji City, Hebei Province. He was a leather clothing expert who was very successful because of his high integrity. His whole family found the meaning of life through cultivating Falun Dafa, and they led very good lives. Since July 1999, when the Chinese Communist Party began persecuting Falun Gong, Mr. Chen's family has endured all sorts of brutal mistreatment, such as having their homes ransacked numerous times, being illegally arrested, and being extorted out of their money and possessions. Mr. Chen was detained multiple times, but he never gave in, and practiced great compassion and forbearance.

From 2001 to 2003, Mr. Chen was detained many times. He once passed out after being on a hunger strike for six days. The Detention Center doctor probed under his finger and toenails to determine if he was still conscious. He was subjected to cruel force-feeding when he was hardly conscious.

The police knew that his family was wealthy, and they intentionally harassed him, ransacked his home, and extorted money from them, threatening to immediately take him into custody. His family cannot remember how many times he was arrested, and how much money they had extorted from them.

Right before the 2003 New Year, local police heard that Mr. Chen's daughter was about to get married. They wanted to extort more money, so they gathered a group of officers and broke into Mr. Chen's home. They stole the wedding ring from Chen's daughter, Ms. Chen Su's finger. Mr. Chen had a heart attack and fell to the floor. The ambulance arrived, but the police would not let him be rescued. Instead they took Mr. Chen and his daughter into custody.

Soon afterwards the police sentenced Mr. Chen to eight years in prison using a fabricated charge of a crime. They locked him in the Fengnan District Prison in Tangshan City at the end of 2003. Ms. Chen Su was sent to the Shijiazhuang City Labor Camp. Chen Xibu's younger brother, Mr. Chen Xijian, and his wife have been locked in the Xinji City Detention Center since April and May of 2001. Chen Xijian was sentenced along with his brother to seven years in prison, and is in Jidong Prison in Tangshan City.

Mr. Chen Xibu was tortured and locked in a small cell (1), and they deprived him of sleep. His stroke symptoms worsened, and he was bailed out on medical parole. The local police still closely monitored him, and detained him in the Domestic Security Division Compound in 2007, where they force-fed unknown substances in him. They had to stop the force-feeding when Mr. Chen vomited large amounts of blood. His face was extremely swollen, but he had to leave home despite his weakened condition to avoid harassment.

Before the Olympics, Domestic Security agents relentlessly pursued Mr .Chen, and threatened to detain his son if they could not find him. They ransacked his son's home, pushed his daughter-in-law down to the floor, and took their car. On August 6, 2008, six officers went to Shijiazhuang City, and took Mr. Chen, his wife, and daughter back to Xinji City. The police watched their home 24 hours a day, and harassed them several time per day. They refused to return his son's car even when the Olympics ended, and said they would wait until the Special Olympics finished, or even further until after October 1st, the Chinese Communist Party's National Day.

Mr. Chen was a kind person who always paid his taxes and tried to be a good person according to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. He was severely mistreated for the past nine years, and he could not live or work normally. He was totally deprived of his basic human rights. He was so weak and exhausted that he died on August 31, 2008. Even they day he died, the agents were watching his house to harass him. Seeing that he had died, they left.

Zhang Xinbo (male), Xinji City Police Department Director: 86-13603310596 (cell)
Cao Shicun (male), Business Mall Police Station Deputy Director: 86-13582329069 (cell)
Liang Jianci (male), Business Mall Community Administrator: 86-13503205111 (male)

(1) The detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff practitioners on their back in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. During the night the rats run around in the cell. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.