(Clearwisdom.net) At around 4:30 p.m. on August 1, 2008, police once again arrested Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Qie Lili from Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province, as she waited for someone near the Shifuer District. The police did not have any grounds for the arrest, but acted simply because the Olympic Games were about to begin in Beijing.

Ms. Qie Lili, 30 years old, is an excellent teacher in the Shijiazhuang Xili Primary School. Her hometown is Dachexing Village, Shangzhuang Town, Luquan City. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1998. Not long afterwards, her severe sinusitis, neurasthenia, and stomach ache all disappeared without treatment. She became more energetic and worked conscientiously. Her students deeply loved her and the parents praised her.

Qie Lili continued to cultivate after the onset of the persecution. In the past nine years she was arrested six times and detained for a total of three and a half years. While in detention, she suffered many forms of torture. She also twice left home to avoid additional persecution and became destitute for a total of three years. In addition, her family had nearly 20,000 yuan extorted from them, and they lost numerous personal belongings. Her aged father died as a result of repeated police harassment, and her mother was detained for a year for seeking justice.

The following are details of what Qie Lili and her family have been subjected to over the last nine years:

After July 20, 1999, Ms. Qie was suspended from teaching and her wages were withheld. She was also had 2,000 yuan extorted from her.

On February 4, 2000, she was illegally arrested and held for 15 days in Luancheng Detention Center for participating in group Falun Gong exercises.

In April 2000, Xinghua Neighborhood Office officials extorted 2,700 yuan, when her family was already very poor.

In May 2000, while she was at work, Xinghua Neighborhood Office officials deceived her into going to the police station. She was detained for nine days but was later released after she went on a three-day hunger strike.

On November 20, 2000, Bai Yuanji from the Xinghuajie Police Station deceived Ms. Qie while she was teaching and detained her for three days. Ms. Qie was released after a three-day hunger strike.

On December 17, 2000, Qie Lili was reported while she was printing documents for an appeal. Dongjiao Police Station officials arrested her and Xinghuajie Police Station agents later took her back. She managed to escape but left home to avoid further persecution, leaving her ill and elderly father home alone.

Agents from Xinghuajie Police Station (currently known as Weimingjie Police Station) and personnel from the Xinghua Neighborhood Office went to Qie Lili's home again and again late at night. They jumped over the wall and broke in to threaten her elderly father, making his health deteriorate. In the middle of the night during the 2001 Lantern Festival, the police again broke into her home again to threaten Qie Lili's father. He was so traumatized by the invasion that he could not speak the next day and died ten days later.

On April 19, 2002, officers from the Shijiazhuang Police Department seized Ms. Qie. The police tied her to a metal chair and tortured her for six days in a row. She was not allowed to sleep and was put in handcuffs and shackles. They eventually sent her to the Hebei Province "Legal Education Center" for brainwashing. To try to force her to give up her belief, the police deprived her of sleep for 12 days in a row. They force-fed her strong liquor and put a potent essential oil containing menthol into her eyes. Their methods were extremely vicious. After being tortured like this for almost a month, she gave in. Later on she said she was so devastated that she almost had a mental collapse after being forced to give up her belief.

In August 2002, following her release after four months of brainwashing that included mental torment and physical torture, once again she became destitute. On August 29, 2002, Qie Lili's mother, Zhou Aizhen, went to the Dongjiao Police Station to seek justice and asked the police to return their bicycle, which they had confiscated. The station chief ignored her appeal and detained her in the Shijiazhuang No. 2 Detention Center for about a year. Qie Lili's family again had money extorted from them, this time 15,000 yuan.

On February 28, 2004, Xinhua District Police Department agents from Shijiazhuang City arrested Ms. Qie again, citing fabricated accusations. She was later sentenced to forced labor in Division 5 of the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp.

She was subjected to inhumane abuse during her detention, and between April and May 2004, she went on a hunger strike to protest the abuse. Her blood pressure dropped to zero and she could have died at any minute. Still, female police officer Lu Hongguo force-fed her ruthlessly. She forced Qie Lili's mouth open with chopsticks and force-fed her highly salted porridge until she lost consciousness. The police then tied her spread eagle to a bed. The prison doctor inserted needles into her fingers and toes for infusions and extorted 600 yuan from her family for the cost of "treatment."

Qie Lili was often deprived of sleep for ten days in a row at a time. They only stopped this form of torture after she showed symptoms of heart disease. She was also hung up in the air, forced to stand for a long period of time, and to sit cross-legged for ten odd hours, until her legs almost became paralyzed.

It is said that agents from the ruling regime arrested more than 80 Falun Gong practitioners in Shijiazhuang using the pretext of the Olympic Games. Under the regime's rule, many Chinese people are oppressed and terrorized, not only Falun Gong practitioners but others are as well. Those in charge also block the roads and forcibly search people's bags, depriving the Chinese people of their basic human rights. The regime has used the Olympic Games as a tool to persecute people and make itself look good. Behind the superficial glamor are the tears and blood of countless people.

Persons responsible for the persecution of Ms. Qie Lili:

Shijiazhuang City National Security Division
Qiaoxi Police Department Switchboard: 86-311-7039977
Office of Liu Zhongming, Head of Qiaoxi Police Department: 86-311-7026381, 86-311-7039977, ext 7770
Weimingjie Police Station: 86-311-7888193
Deputy Head of Shijiazhuang Labor Camp Zhao Yunlong (in charge of the persecution of Falun Gong), Division 5, Shijiazhuang Labor Camp: 86-311-87754007, ext 8452