(Clearwisdom.net) Between July 18 and 22, 2008, six Falun Gong practitioners in Weiyuan County, Sichuan Province, were illegally arrested and taken to Neijiang Brainwashing Center.

Fifty-year-old Ms. Liu Jianping was employed at a farm tool company in Weiyuan County. Before she practiced Falun Gong, which is a spiritual practice based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, she was tormented mentally and physically due to misfortunes at home. In 1997, she took up the practice and strove to live according to the teachings of Falun Gong. All her illnesses disappeared. After she starting practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Liu became selfless and widely known as a good person at work. Nonetheless, since July 20, 1999 (when the persecution began), Ms. Liu has been repeatedly arrested and detained by the local police simply because she steadfastly refuses to give up the practice. She was sent to Nammu Temple in Zizhong County, Sichuan Province, and persecuted twice. Her home was also closely monitored by the police. Three people over 70 years of age in her home now have no one to take care of them. In broad daylight on July 20, 2008, Ms. Liu was arrested and taken to Neijian Brainwashing Center.

Ms. Liao Qunxian, 70, suffered from various diseases before she started practicing Falun Gong. Plagued by the dizziness and nausea associated with Meniere's Syndrome, Ms. Liao was tormented almost to death. In 1997, she began to practice Dafa, and all her diseases disappeared. She and her family were happy, and her friends and relatives also observed how good the practice was through her. Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting on Falun Gong in July 1999, Ms. Liao has been detained by the local police four times. On July 18, 2008, the residence committee deceived Ms. Liao into coming to the office, claiming they needed to "check her residence booklet." She was arrested and taken to Neijain Brainwashing Center. She has since been released.

Sixty-six-year-old Ms. Chang Yujing had many illnesses before she practiced Falun Gong in 1997. She was very swollen and unable to walk. After beginning the practice, she lived according to the principles of Dafa, and shortly after that, all her illnesses disappeared. She walked as if her body was weightless. Ever since the CCP started persecuting Falun Gong, Ms. Chang has tried to clarify the truth of Dafa and the persecution by telling people about her personal experiences with the practice. She has been arrested and detained many times. On July 18, 2008, while Ms. Chang was celebrating her daughter's birthday at her home, she was arrested and taken to Neijiang Brainwashing Center. She was very steadfast and faithful to the practice, and didn't cooperate with the unreasonable demands of the police. One week later, Ms. Chang was released and went home.

Ms. Tan Fengqun, 64, was a company employee in Xinjiang Province. Because of her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, she was persecuted and was forced to return to Weiyuan County, Sichuan Province. Before she practiced Falun Gong, Ms. Tan was very sick, and had lost all her hair. Doctors said that her condition was incurable. In 1997, Ms. Tan started the practice and tried to live up to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance by letting go of her attachments. Her health soon recovered, and her hair grew back. She was very grateful to the practice and to Master for giving her a second life, and she was determined to stay with the practice. On July 22, 2008, a group of people who claimed they had come to check her electric meter deceived Ms. Tan into opening the door. They arrested her and took her to Neijiang Brainwashing Center. Her husband went to the brainwashing center to petition for her release every day. Zhang Bin, one of the police in the Public Security Bureau, has participated in the persecution of Falun Gong since July 20, 1999.

Sixty-five-year-old Ms. Yu is from northeast China. She had many serious illnesses before she began to practice Falun Gong. Her health soon recovered after she started the practice in 1997. Since July 20, 1999, Ms. Yu has repeatedly been arrested and detained. On July 20, 2008, she was again arrested, this time by individuals that had come to check her electric meter. She was taken to Neijian Brainwashing Center

Mr. Zhang Sange is over 60 years old. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. He has been "illegally detained" by the police since the persecution began on July 20, 1999. On July 21, 2008, Mr. Zhang was arrested and taken to the brainwashing center for further persecution.