(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Meng Gui, in her 50's, is from Lingshan County, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. She began to practice Falun Gong in 1997 and soon experienced improved health. After the Chinese Communist Party launched the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999, she was sent to the Guangxi Region Women's Forced Labor Camp twice and was detained there a total of six years. Due to the abuse she endured there, she became extremely emaciated and nearly died. By the time of her release, her hair had turned white, her back was severely curved, and she had difficulty walking..

The first time Ms. Meng was taken to the labor camp located on Maoqiao Road was in 2000. During her two and a half years at the labor camp, the guards tried to brainwash her. She was hung from a crossbeam, while the guards directed prisoners to beat her. For one month, she was tied to the bed frame every day from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. The ropes were so tight that she fainted twice. She was also locked in a small cell twice, and she became critically ill. The guards released the dying Ms. Meng to her son, who took her home.

In 2004, Meng Gui was taken to the labor camp again and detained for three and a half years. At that time, the camp had moved to Yudong Road. This time, the abuse was even more severe. The guards struck her repeatedly with electric batons and blatantly said that they wanted to shock her to death.

The guards directed a group of prisoners to knock Ms. Meng to the ground, strip off all her clothes, dress her in prison clothes, handcuff her and force her to say that she was a criminal. They threatened that without this admission, she would not be allowed to use the restroom or to sleep. When she would begin to fall asleep, prisoner Wu Chunrong would rub some sort of menthol medicine into her eyes, hit her in the head with shoes, or poke her in the face with needles.

In 2006, for four successive months, Ms. Meng was forced to sit day and night. While depriving her of the right to use the restroom, the guards force-fed her food and water in an attempt to force her to give up Falun Gong. For one month, Ms. Meng was forced to stand day and night or she would be tied up and beaten.

In 2007, Ms. Meng refused to wear the prison clothes. As punishment, Li Bin handcuffed her to a bed frame with her arms and legs outstretched. The pain was so intense that she lost control of her bladder and bowels. They rubbed urine and feces on her clothes, and then wrapped those clothes tightly around her head.

After hearing practitioners say that Falun Gong is good, the guards had the inmates stuff practitioners' mouths with dirty towels. Other practitioners were also tortured, and to muffle their cries, the inmates would stuff towels into their mouths and then seal their mouths shut with tape.

Related article: