(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Xiumin is a practitioner from Fuqiang Village, Gengxin Township, in Fuyu County, Jilin Province. On June 25, 2008, when she was visiting her in-laws in Xinli Village, Handian Town, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, officers from the Gengxin Township Police Station and the Handian Town Police Station arrested her and took her to the Sanchahe Detention Center.

Ms. Li became a better person after practicing Falun Gong. However, after the persecution of Falun Gong started, she was constantly harassed by local police. In March 2003, the director of Gengxin Township Police Station and police officer Xu Xuewen ransacked Ms. Li's home. They found a Falun Gong postcard and arrested her and took her to the detention center. Ten days later, she was sentenced to forced labor and taken to Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province.

At the detention center, Ms. Li was tortured. Once the labor camp called over 3,000 people to hold a meeting to defame Falun Gong. She shouted in the meeting, "Falun Dafa is good!" and five or six camp guards beat her. One of the camp guards scratched a big tear near her eye with the heel of a shoe. Stitches were required. Every day, Ms. Li was forced to write materials defaming Falun Gong. When she refused, she was punched and kicked. She had been sent to the special group for severe persecution. Yan Lifeng, director of the First Division, directed the camp guards to beat her and shock her with electric batons. When Ms. Li started a hunger strike to protest the severe persecution, the camp guards inserted a tube through her nose to force feed her, which caused her nose to bleed profusely. Tortured every day, Ms. Li became weak and lost so much weight that she looked like a skeleton. In March 2004, when her sentence had been served, she was detained for 50 additional days.

She was not able to work for two years after her release because she had been so badly injured both physically and mentally. Her feet sweat profusely and were not fully healed. Early in 2008, Liu Kechang, the security manager of Fuqiang Village, went to her home to ask for her photos to put on the Falun Gong list, but since she didn't have any, the police went to her home several times to harass her.