(Clearwisdom.net) Li Jiaming and his wife Cai Huilian are from Miyi County, Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province. Mr. Li is 58 years old, his wife is 56. They began practicing Falun Dafa on August 12, 1998. Before practicing, Cai Huilian had many illnesses, such as pancreatitis, bronchitis, female problems, pulmonary tuberculosis, and rhinitis. She had surgery on her back, but the problems would recur twice a year. They spent a lot of money at hospitals. After she began practicing Falun Dafa, the above illnesses were all gone. Since then, she has believed in Master and the Fa, and was determined to walk on the path of cultivation. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Li Jiaming and Cai Huilian suffered from the Chinese Communist regime's persecution, including illegal ransacking, harassment, arrests, detention, etc. The couple lived under the terror every day.

In August 1999, Zhu Jiqiang, a militia commander from their village, confiscated a Dafa book, fourteen Master Li lecture cassettes, and exercise music.

Cai Huilian distributed truth-clarification materials on January 14, 2001. On February 8, she was arrested by policemen Guo Qiang, Yong Gang, Chai Faqiang, Wang Yingzhong, Yang Xinhua and Xiang Jinfa. They took her to the Miyi County Political Security Section and handcuffed her to the corridor railing. They did not give her any food for several days, nor did they let her sleep. She was detained for 22 days. During her detention, they interrogated her to obtain evidence and threatened her. After being tortured, she felt lifeless. She couldn't work for six months, nor could she take care of her daily needs. Later, with other practitioners' help, she eventually recovered.

On February 14, 2003, Li Jiaming and Cai Huilian were arrested for helping a homeless practitioner to go to Xichang City. The police took away a small tape recorder and over one hundred yuan. At the Ximenpo Police Station, a male and a female police officer beat her badly. Around 10 o'clock that night, their daughter posted bond to get them out. In 2003, the police went to their home three times to harass them and took fourteen cassettes of Master Li's lectures.

On July 22, 2004, the authorities came to their home to arrest Cai Huilian. She escaped. Her husband Li Jiaming was taken away by Wang Yingzhong, Hu, Guo Qiang and two other unknown police officers. They took a picture of Master Li, truth-clarification materials, copies of "Minghui Weekly", etc. He was released at 10 p.m.

On May 10, 2007, while Cai Huilian was selling vegetables on Huilong Street, police went to her home and found Li Jiaming, who had just come home after working in their field. They knocked on the door and attempted to arrest Cai Huilian. Once they got inside, they went through everything and took away a TV set, ten copies of Dafa books, truth-clarification materials, a Walkman used by Mr. Li's daughter for school, and three small tape recorders. Li Jiaming was surrounded by police, but he escaped. After that, the couple became homeless for six months to avoid persecution. Other practitioners offered help taking care of their field.

Li Jiaming returned to harvest crops that were ready before they dried out under the sun. Lu Chengjun (a policeman from the Xiaojie Police Station), township head Cao, Li Chaoping, Sha, Wang Yingzhong, and others, a total of more than twenty people in five vehicles, arrested Li Jiaming. They confiscated Dafa books and tape recorders. At the police station, Li Jiaming was handcuffed to the corridor railing for nine hours. They forbade him to eat. The same night, he was transfered to the Miyi County Detention Center and was confined there for thirteen days.

On January 10, 2008, after 7 a.m., Xiaojie Police Station officer Lu Chengjun, Sha, deputy mayor Li, and an unknown police officer took Cai Huilian to the police station. They confiscated two sets of Master Li's lecture VCDs, truth-clarification materials, two copies of Dafa books, two Walkmans, one VCR, two sound boxes, and a tape recorder. Cai Huilian was tortured on the Tiger Bench for three hours. On the same day, they transferred her to the County Detention Center, where she was persecuted for fourteen days. She was forced to give them her fingerprints upon release.

On March 4, 2008, around 3:30 pm, police officer Yang Xinhua, Zhou Lin, Peng from the township government, and others went to Li Jiaming's home and took away a tape recorder and a VCD. Cai Huilian shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is good!" Xu Ming covered her mouth with a towel. Cai Huilian was forcefully taken to a police station, then transfered to a detention center. She was released a month later.