On May 2, 2008, Guo Hongtang from the Shouguang Public Security Bureau in Shandong Province led police officers to knock on the door of Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Li Yuping, who works in the Fukang Pharmaceutical Factory, at about nine o'clock in the evening. At about ten o'clock, Li Yuping was forced to open the door. The police officers broke into his room and ransacked his home until one o'clock the next morning. They arrested Li Yuping and confiscated Dafa books and a bankbook of several tens of thousands of yuan without giving her any kind of receipt.

At about six o'clock on May 3, officers led by Guo Hongtang illegally broke into and ransacked the home of practitioner Meng Yufang, who also works in the Fukang Pharmaceutical Factory. They confiscated computers, printers, and other personal belongings. When they arrested Meng Yufang, she refused to cooperate with them. Four policemen dragged her down from the third floor and forced her into the police car. During this time, Meng Yufang continuously cried out "Falun Dafa is good."

Liang Zenxiu, wife of Li Yuping, was arrested at the same time. After several days, Mr. Li (Meng Yufang's husband) was arrested, but has since been released. Meng Yufang was tortured until a confession was extorted out of her husband. The current whereabouts of Li Yuping, Liang Zenxiu and Meng Yufang are unknown.

On around May 1, practitioner Guo Guangjun, from the Fifth Neighborhood Committee in Yangkou Town, Shouguang City, was reported when clarifying the truth about Falun Gong, was illegally arrested by police officers in Yangkou Police Department, and was forced into making confessions by means of torture. The following day, Li Xiue (who was in the Fifth Neighborhood Committee in Yangkou Town) was also arrested by officers of Yangkou Police Department. Her home was ransacked, and her computers and other personal belongings were confiscated. Policemen beat up Li Xiue, extorted confessions from her through torture, and did not allow her to sleep for four or five days. Practitioners Guo Guangjun and Li Xiue are now being illegally detained in Shouguang Detention Center. Several days later, police officers broke into the homes of other Falun Gong practitioners. They arrested two female practitioners, who have since been released.

On May 5, 2008, the home of practitioner Sang Peixiang in Zhangcun Village, Shouguang City, was ransacked and Dafa books were confiscated. Afterwards, practitioner Wu Yuelan in Zhang Village was arrested, and her home was ransacked. She has since been released. When Zhang Chunlian was harassed, her two sons resisted the harassment and persecution and were arrested by officers from the Industrial District Police Station. They are still in detention. Zhang Chunlian had to leave home to avoid persecution, and has been moving around since October 2007. Practitioner Zhang Shurong was also harassed and persecuted.

On about May 13, practitioner Zhang Pengde in Nanxu Village, Shengcheng City was harassed. This was the third time this has happened. During this period, he was also illegally and covertly monitored.

On about May 15, practitoner Zhang Huaqing (of the Housing Management Bureau) was arrested by police officers from Shouguang City Public Security Bureau. Zhang Huaqing was also arrested once at the end of April. Her current condition is unknown.

Recently, police in Shouguang City tried to arrest practitioner Wang Hongsheng in Taitou Town, and searched and harassed Wang Hongsheng's family members one by one. Even Wang Hongsheng's daughter was arrested. Current details are unknown.