(Clearwisdom.net) On May 26, 2008, after a two-hour standoff, Mr. Liu Haibin, a resident of Lixinli Neighborhood, Dongli District, Tianjin City, was arrested by officers from the 610 Office and the Domestic Security Division of the Dongli District Police Department.

Mr. Liu Haibin, 42, worked for the Tianjin City Steel Company from the time he graduated from college up until he was persecuted for practicing Falun Dafa. Back in October of 2000, Mr. Liu was sentenced to four years in prison for distributing truth clarification materials. His elderly father and his kindergarten-aged daughter depended upon him for moral and financial support. Mr. Liu's arrest devastated his family. While in prison, he suffered various forms of torture for not giving up his belief. Before he was imprisoned, he weighed 198 pounds. Four years later when he was released from prison, Mr. Liu weighed only 90 pounds. He was unable to walk normally, and he had lost his job at the steel company.

After his release, Mr. Liu continued practicing Falun Dafa, and he was able to recover his health quickly. Although he had lost his job, he managed to make a living. However the CCP authorities did not leave him alone. His neighbor revealed that at around 7:20 a.m. on May 26, 2008, two plainclothes police officers from the Fengnian Village Police Station in Tianjin City arrived at Mr. Liu's home. Mr. Liu's wife, Ms. Ning, a schoolteacher who does not practice Falun Gong, locked the door. The police called her school's administrator. The administrator came and threatened her with losing her job if she kept the door locked.

At 9:20 a.m., six more plainclothes officers showed up. The leader, Chang Wanxin, was Ms. Ning's former schoolmate. Chang convinced Ms. Ning that her family would not be harmed if she opened the door. During their talk, 20 officers surrounded Mr. Liu's home. Due to pressure from her administrator and her trust in her old schoolmate, Ms. Ning opened the door.

Once the door was open, Chang broke his word. He was in the lead as the police rushed in, thoroughly searched the home, and seized the family's computers, Falun Dafa books, truth clarification materials, and satellite dish. Chang claimed that these items were evidence against Mr. Liu.

Several officers handcuffed Mr. Liu, who cried out, "The police are "illegally arresting" the innocent!" Ms. Ning cried and begged Chang not to hurt her husband. Chang was unmoved and ordered officers to restrain Ms. Ning while other officers took Mr. Liu out. His neighbors were eyewitnesses to the whole incident and comforted Ms. Ning after the police left.

Mr. Liu is being held in the Dongli District Detention Center. According to inside information, ever since his arrest on May 26, he has been on a hunger strike in protest. He has spoken only three sentences: "Falun Dafa is good. 'Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance' is good. I am innocent."