I was recognized as a "model worker" in Heilongjiang Province when I lived in Qiqihar City. In 1994, I was fortunate to obtain Falun Dafa. After practicing for several months, I recovered from many of my illnesses. In practicing Falun Dafa, I followed the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance" and tried to be a good person. At this time, for several years in a row, I was recognized by a vote of my work unit as a model worker.

However, the CCP began to suppress Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. Over the past nine years, I have been illegally detained, arrested, harassed, and sent to a forced labor camp, all at the hands of the CCP. This hurt my family terribly.

On October 8, 1999, I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and was arrested while walking down the street. I was sent back to my hometown on October 13, 1999.

From October 14, 1999, to July 2000, I was illegally detained at the No. 1 Detention Center in Qiqihar City. Other Falun Gong practitioners who were detained in the same place were sent to forced labor camps, but I was detained there for over nine months. During that time, the 610 Office in Qiqihar City and Longsha Police Department tried me twice. The city's 610 Office reported their decision about my sentence to the provincial government. The provincial government held three meetings to discuss the report and did not approve the 610 Office sentence. In July 2000, I was sent to Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp for a three-year term.

In Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp, I suffered both mental and physical torture. They interrogated me often. I was threatened by people from different levels such as the 610 Office, the Public Security Bureau, academics and others. Some of them tried to be persuasive. They said, "As long as you say that you are going to give up practicing Falun Gong, we will release you immediately." Others tried different tricks to threaten me. Some even lied to me about what was happening to my family. What I could not endure was when they verbally attacked the founder of Falun Dafa. Every time that happened, I would defend Falun Dafa and stop them. I was surrounded by criminals every day. Later on I was kept in a cell where several people monitored me. They would not allow anyone talk to me. I did not have any personal freedom.

In August 2000, I was taken to a solitary cell by Wang Yan, a team leader from the No. 2 Battalion. The solitary cell was only about one meter square. On the floor was a layer of wooden boards with an iron ring. There was nothing else in the cell. They had me sit on the wooden boards and handcuffed my hands behind my back and to the iron ring. I could not stretch my back or legs. I was forced to curl up and could not move a bit. When they closed the door, I could not see any sunlight. I could hardly breath. They would keep me from going to sleep for 24 hours around the clock. I was not allowed to wash my face or brush my teeth. Someone would give me two small meals a day and I was always hungry.

Three days later, both my arms and coccyx had sharp pains. My arms were swollen. Seven days later, they could not put the largest handcuffs on my swollen hands. During that time, all kinds of people constantly came to my cell. Some of them were former practitioners who had been "transformed" by brainwashing sessions and become collaborators. Others would use lies to try to coax me to write the so-called guarantee statement to give up practicing. One afternoon, Hong Zhenquan, the director of the forced labor camp; Wang Yan, a team leader; and several guards came to see me. Hong Zhenquan shouted at me, "Are you going to write the guarantee statement? If not, we will keep handcuffing you." Thus they kept me handcuffed for 21 days. It is hard to express the pain I suffered both physically and mentally.

From August to October 2001, several other practitioners detained there were released, but not I. I requested that I be released without any conditions. They ignored me.

In January 2002, I began a hunger strike to protest my illegal detention. They tortured me with force-feeding. Every time Doctor Chen force fed me, I had severe reactions, such as a burning stomach, dry mouth, not being able to speak, and constant diarrhea. One day on Doctor Chen's shift, she carried a bowl of food upstairs. Because the milk was too hot, she had to wait until it became cooler. She was very nervous and asked the criminal inmates several times to test with a finger whether it was cool enough to drink. Finally she asked a criminal to taste it. The criminal drank some but could not swallow it down. She looked at Doctor Chen and then looked at me. It took her a long time to swallow it. Later on, the inmate told me, "Now I know why every time after Doctor Chen fed you something, you were in pain. It was because she added concentrated salt water."

In May 2002, after Doctor Chen force fed me, I had diarrhea every 20 minutes. I fainted around noon and became dehydrated. After that I became very weak and my health was deteriorating. I became very skinny and my hair turned gray, I was tortured until I looked like a totally different person and was hardly recognizable. Later on I was taken to the hospital for treatment. A hospital doctor told my family to prepare for my funeral and said that I could not live very long. On June 26, 2002, my family brought me home. They thought I was dying.

After I returned home, the police constantly came to harass me. During the 2003 Spring Festival, Liu Ming, a policeman from the Rainbow Police Station, came to harass me by asking me whether I would still go to Beijing to appeal. In March, three cars came to the building where I lived. Over a dozen people from the city's 610 Office, the district's 610 Office, the forced labor camp, Longsha Police Department, and the local police station came to my home to threaten me. I told them there was nothing wrong with holding to my own beliefs. After they left, they arranged for a local person to monitor me all day long. At the beginning of April, the forced labor camp authorities sent three people, including Liu Ming, the policeman from the Rainbow Police Station; the political commissioner; and the director of the forced labor camp, to my home. They forcibly took me to the hospital to check on my health. They were afraid my family might object if I was returned to the forced labor camp in my condition. As a result, their plan to send me back to the forced labor camp failed.

In March 2005, Falun Gong practitioners were arrested on a large scale in my city. I was forced to leave home to avoid arrest. In April 2006, I went to a fellow practitioner's home and was arrested by a policeman monitoring nearby. He took me to Shuguang Police Station. They handcuffed my hands behind my back and made me sit on an iron chair for four days. They beat me up and interrogated me. I kept clarifying the truth to them. One policeman shouted, "Even though you do not want to say anything and we do not have any spoken record, we still can sentence you." Later on they sent me to the Railroad Detention Center. One month later, I was transferred to Qiqihar City Detention Center. I began a hunger strike to protest my illegal detention. I was tortured and developed hepatitis A and could not take care of myself. On June 28, I was released.

On the morning of February 27, 2007, Liu Ming called me and said he would come to my home at 6 in the evening. But in the evening, a policeman I did not know showed up. He told me to go with him. When I did not agree, several other people came and forcefully took me to the Qingyun Street Police Station. They did not ask me anything but detained me there for over one hour and then released me.

In recent years, my family has also suffered a great deal. My husband had high blood pressure and heart disease. He suffered a brain hemorrhage. Every time I was persecuted, my husband panicked. Especially when my husband saw the police from Qingyun Street Police Station brutally arrest me during the 2007 New Year. After that, he became worse. He could not take care of himself and passed away on June 17, 2007. His passing resulted in my losing my only source of income. My work unit illegally stopped giving me my pension to persecuted me in October 1999. Over the past few years I had lived on part of my husband's pension. However, even as my situation became worse, Police Officer Liu Ming continued to harass me constantly.

June 17, 2008