Additional Persecution News from China - May 16, 2008 (43 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 32 cities or counties in 14 provinces. In this report, 19 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 48 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Changde City, Hunan Province] Ms. Luo and Two Other Practitioners Arrested
- [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhao Liang, Mr. Yang Hong and Mr. Huang Lizhong Have Persisted in a Hunger Strike for More Than 80 Days
- [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Haiyan and Mr. Qu Yufeng Arrested
- [Chongqing City] Ms. Luo Zehui Arrested
- [Huadian City, Jilin Province] Mr. Chi Deming Arrested
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Ying and Ms. Sun Ning Illegally Arrested
- [Wangqin County, Jilin Province] Seventy Year-Old Ms. Li Xiuqing Arrested by Officers from the Luozigou Township Police Station
- [Beijing City] Mr. Miao Shuangwei Illegally Arrested
- [Fuyu County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wan Hua Illegally Arrested
- [Beijing City] Ms. Zhao Xiulin and Ms. Zhao Xiumei (sisters) Illegally Arrested
- [Tianjin City] Mr. Ma Fulu Holds Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution
- [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Ruiyun, Ms. Guo Xihui and Ms. Meng Qinglan Arrested
- [Beijing City] Four Practitioners including Ms. Jiang Tao Illegally Arrested
- [Gaobeidian City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Huanlin Illegally Detained at the City Detention Center
- [Shuangliao City, Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Zengwu and Ms. Yuan Shujun Taken to Forced Labor Camp
- [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] Mr. Ning Shigui Arrested and His Home Ransacked
- [Wucheng County, Shandong Province] Five Practitioners, including Mr. Zhang Shengqi Illegally Arrested
- [Liaocheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Cai Xiuzhi Arrested
- [Liangshan County, Shandong Province] Ms. Yan Ruiying Arrested
On May 12, 2008, Ms.Luo, Ms. Lei Yangxiang and Ms. Jiang (an older practitioner) from Binzhou, Hunan were illegally arrested. The home of Mr. Ma Dunshan was ransacked, and more than ten practitioners' satellite receivers were confiscated by the local police.
2. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhao Liang, Mr. Yang Hong and Mr. Huang Lizhong Have Persisted in a Hunger Strike for More Than 80 Days
Huludao City practitioners Mr. Zhao Liang, Mr. Yang Hong and Mr. Huang Lizhong were illegally arrested on February 25, 2008. They were detained at the Huludao City Detention Center, where they have maintained a hunger strike in order to protest their persecution. They have been force-fed by guards, and are reportedly in weak condition.[Jinan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Haiyan and Mr. Qu Yufeng Arrested
On May 11, 2008, practitioner Ms. Li Haiyan from Jinan was illegally arrested. She is currently detained at the Liuchangshan Legal Training Center. On May 14, Li Haiyan's husband Mr. Qu Yufeng was illegally arrested. He is currently detained at the Dongfeng Police Station in Jinan.4. [Chongqing City] Ms. Luo Zehui Arrested
On May 13, Practitioner Ms. Luo Zehui, 66, from Jiangjin district in Chongqing was illegally arrested by officers from the Youxi Township Police Station, while she was distributing truth-clarifying materials. The following day, two policemen went to Ms. Luo's home and illegally arrested her husband, Mr. Jiang Xiqin (in his seventies), and ransacked their home. Later, police went to the home of Luo Zehui's son, Mr. Jiang Hongbin (in his thirties) and arrested him. They are all illegally detained at the Youxi Township Police Station.5. [Huadian City, Jilin Province] Mr. Chi Deming Arrested
On May 12, practitioner Mr. Chi Deming was illegally arrested and taken to the Hongshi Police Station.6. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Ying and Ms. Sun Ning Illegally Arrested
Ms. Wang Ying, 48, and Ms. Sun Ning, 50, are employees of the Nanding Glass Shop in Zibo. On May 12, 2008, they were illegally arrested and their homes were ransacked.
7. [Wangqin County, Jilin Province] Seventy Year-Old Ms. Li Xiuqing Arrested by Officers from the Luozigou Township Police Station
On May 14, practitioner Ms. Li Xiuqing, 70, was illegally arrested by officers from the Luozigou Township Police Station.8. [Beijing City] Mr. Miao Shuangwei Illegally Arrested
On May 9, Mr. Miao Shuangwei from Beijing was illegally arrested at his home by several officers from the Fengtai Township Police Station.
Fengtai Township Police Station phone number: 86-10638199469. [Fuyu County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wan Hua Illegally Arrested
On May 10, Ms. Wan Hua, from the Fuyu Pasture in Fuyu County, was illegally arrested, and had her home ransacked. Police confiscated two Falun Dafa exercise music tapes. Wan Hua is currently being held at the Yian County Police Department.
10. [Beijing City] Ms. Zhao Xiulin and Ms. Zhao Xiumei (sisters) Illegally Arrested
Ms. Zhao Xiulin is an employee of the Jingcai Public Accounting Firm in the Huairou District. Ms. Zhao Xiumei is a government official in the Adult Education Department of the Huairou District. The sisters were illegally arrested on May 13, and are currently detained at the Huairou Detention Center.
11. [Tianjin City] Mr. Ma Fulu Holds Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution
Practitioner Mr. Ma Fulu from the Ji County in Tianjin, was reported to the police department because he distributed "truth-clarifying" materials. He was subsequently arrested and detained at the Ji County Detention Center. His home was ransacked, and his computers along with other items were confiscated. He was recently sentenced to one year and six months of labor re-education. Mr. Ma Fulu is maintaining a hunger strike to protest against the persecution at the Ji County Detention Center.
12. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Ruiyun, Ms. Guo Xihui and Ms. Meng Qinglan Arrested
On May 12, officers from the Jiayue Township Police Station in Zhucheng broke into the home of practitioner Mr. Zhang Ruiyun and illegally arrested him. They also confiscated a TV and videodiscs along with other items. Ms. Guo Xihui was illegally arrested on the same day. On May 14, officers from the Jiayue Police Station went to Xianjia Village in Jiayue Township, and illegally arrested Ms. Meng Qinglan, and ransacked her home. These three practitioners have been illegally detained at the Zhucheng Police Station.
13. [Beijing City] Four Practitioners including Ms. Jiang Tao Illegally Arrested
On May 14, Ms. Jiang Tao and Mr. Li Junfeng were illegally arrested by plainclothes police officers. Later in the day, their homes were ransacked. Ms. Chen Supin and practitioner Ms. Zhang were also illegally arrested.
14. [Gaobeidian City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Huanlin Illegally Detained at the City Detention Center
On May 13, retired teacher Ms. Wang Huanlin from Gaobeidian City was illegally arrested by a National Security Team from Gaobeidian, who broke into her home. She is currently being detained at the Gaobeidian City Detention Center and forced to undergo persecution.
15. [Shuangliao City, Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Zengwu and Ms. Yuan Shujun Taken to Forced Labor Camp
On April 23, a National Security Team from the Shuangliao Police Department illegally arrested practitioners Mr. Wang Zengwu and Ms. Yuan Shujin, who were taken to the Shuangliao City Detention Center. On May 13, Wang Zengwu and Yuan Shujun were transferred to the Chaoyanggou and Heizuizi Forced Labor Camps in Changchun to undergo persecution. Wang Zengwu was sentenced to one year and six months of forced labor, while Yuan Shujun was sentenced to one year of forced labor.
16. [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] Mr. Ning Shigui Arrested and His Home Ransacked
On May 15, practitioner Mr. Ning Shigui was illegally arrested in his home, which was also ransacked.
17. [Wucheng County, Shandong Province] Five Practitioners, including Mr. Zhang Shengqi Illegally Arrested
On May 14, five practitioners, including Mr. Zhang Shengqi, Mr. Liu Jinshan, Mr. Huo Shuhao and Mr. Chen Lihong from Qianwang Village, of the Laocheng Township in Wucheng County, were illegally arrested by officers from Wucheng County.
18. [Liaocheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Cai Xiuzhi Arrested
On May 14, practitioner Ms. Cai Xiuzhi from the Liuhaizi Township in Lin Qing was illegally arrested by officers from the Liuhaizi Police Station.
19. [Liangshan County, Shandong Province] Ms. Yan Ruiying Arrested
On May 13, practitioner Ms. Yan Ruiying was illegally arrested by plainclothes police, who forced her into a police vehicle. She is currently being held at the county's detention center.
20. [Laiyang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhao Lixia Arrested
On May 13, practitioner Ms. Zhao Lixia, in her forties, from the Xianhe Mini District in Laiyang was illegally arrested. Ms. Zhao lost consciousness after a beating by the police. Ms. Zhao's detention location remains unknown. Her 9-year-old son was left alone at their home.
21. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Qiuping and Other Practitioners Arrested
On May 13, practitioners from the Qianjiayin Township, Fengnan District of Tangshan City, including Ms. Zhang Qiuping, Mr. Zhang Zhiguo, Ms. Liang Shufen, Mr. Zhan Yongxiang and his wife Ms. Chen Guiping, were illegally arrested by officers from the Qianjiayin Township Police Station. Zhang Qiuping's home was also ransacked. Police confiscated her laptop computer, printer, and Dafa materials along with other items. They confiscated Liang Shufen's pictures of Teacher Li, Dafa books and money. Chen Guiping and her relatives were also extorted for 4,000 yuan by the police, and Ms. Chen was subsequently released on May 14. The other four practitioners were illegally detained at the Fengnan District Detention Center and face persecution.
22. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
On May 7, Ms. Chen Lijuan, Ms. Jin Shuxia and Mr. Niu Jiming from the Fengruen District in Tangshan traveled to Biguyou Village in Yankou Township to distribute truth-clarifying materials. They were reported to the police by local residents, then illegally arrested and sent to the Fengruen District Detention Center.
23. [Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Jinlin and Mr. Pan Baozhong Arrested
On May 14, Ms. Zhang Jinlin from the Xinji Township in Sanhe was illegally arrested at her home. On March 7, Zhang Jinlin's husband, Mr. Pan Baozhong was illegally arrested by the National Security Team of Sanhe Police. He is currently detained and forced to undergo a brainwashing session in Langfang.
24. [Xiao County, Anhui Province] Mr. Zheng Yunfei and Ms. Xu Shuping Arrested
On May 15, two individuals from the Anhui Labor Re-education Department, with the ulterior motive of a "revisit," ordered practitioner Mr. Zheng Yunfei, a staff member of the Civil Administration Bureau, to come to the 610 Office of the Legal and Political Department of Xiao County. Mr. Zheng was illegally detained, and a National Security team from the Police Department of Xiao County searched his home. They found some Dafa materials, then illegally arrested his wife, Ms. Xu Shuping.
25. [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Fan Lujie Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Fan Lujie, a security guard from the Longhuihuacheng Mini District in Jiujiang, was illegally arrested at her workplace on May 10. Police confiscated her daughter's computer. Ms. Fan is currently detained at the Jiujiang Detention Center.
26. [Jiujiang County, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Xu Dongyu Forced into Homelessness
On May 15, officers from the Gangkoujie Township Police Station in Jiujiang County attempted to illegally arrest practitioner Mr. Xu Dongyu along with another practitioner. Mr. Xu Dongyu was forced to vacate his residence and become homeless.
27. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Wang Da Illegally Arrested
Practitioner Mr. Wang Da, in his forties, was illegally arrested in March, 2008.
28. [Gongan County, Hubei Province] Ms. Lei Yonglian Illegally Arrested for Brainwashing
On May 13, practitioner Ms. Lei Yonglian from Gongan County was illegally arrested by National Security agents. She was taken to Wuhan and forced to undergo a brainwashing program.
29. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Bai Yuyan Illegally Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Bai Yuyan, 67, from Anshan was illegally arrested in Lieshishan on May 14. She is currently being detained at the Detention Center No. 1.
30. [You County, Hunan Province] Mr. Su Songnian Arrested and His Home Ransacked
On May 7, practitioner Mr. Su Songnian was reported to the police while he was clarifying the truth in the Liantangyou Township of You County. He was illegally arrested by officers from the Liantangyou Township Police Station and has been detained at the You County Detention Center. Additionally, Mr. Su Songnian's home was ransacked.
31. [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Ms. Li Shiyan Taken to Forced Labor Camp
On May 12, Ms. Li Shiyan from Shigang Village, Bajilei Township, Nongan County, was taken by Nongan County Police Department officials to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun for one year and six months of illegal labor re-education.
32. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Chen Mian Arrested While Clarifying the Truth
Practitioner Ms. Chen Mian from Dalian was reported to the police while she was clarifying the truth in Fushun. She is currently being detained at the Yaojia Detention Center in Dajian.
33. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Lecturer at the Radio and TV University Arrested
On May 8, practitioner Ms. Liu Yitao, a lecturer at the Radio and TV University in Jiangxi, was illegally arrested.
34. [Zunhua City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Ning Remains in Detention at the Zunhua Detention Center
Ms. Wang Ning remains in detention at the Zunhua Detention Center. Her husband returned home on May 10.
35. [Beijing City] Ms. Feng Ping Illegally Arrested
On May 12, Ms. Feng Ping, in her fifties, from Guan Village in Chaoyang District, Beijing, was illegally arrested. She is currently being detained at the Chaoyang District Detention Center.
36. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Li Changli's Home Ransacked
On April 29, police officers ransacked the home of Mr. Li Changli, a staff member of the No. 7105 Company of the No. 7 Astronautics College in the Longquanyi District of Chengdu. The police confiscated two computers worth 9,000 yuan, additional items worth approximately 7,000 yuan, and approximately 44,000 yuan in cash.
37. [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Chen Rong Arrested and Illegally Sentenced
Mr. Chen Rong was illegally arrested in June 2007, then illegally sentenced to a three year and six month jail term by the East District Court in Panzhihua City. Officials plan to send him to the Longquanyi Jail in Chengdo to undergo persecution.
38. [Kunming City, Yunnan Province] Mr. Li Zhen Sentenced to a Six Year Prison Term
On September 3, 2007, Mr. Li Zhen was illegally arrested in the Guandu District of Kunming. In April 2008, he was illegally sentenced to a six-year term. Mr. Li Zhen is scheduled to be taken to the Fourth Team of the No. 1 Prison in Yunnan Province to undergo persecution.
39. [Inner Mongolia] Facts Regarding the Persecution of Ms. Lu Lin at the Women's Forced Labor Camp in Huhhot
Practitioner Ms. Lu Lin was illegally detained at the Huhhot Women's Forced Labor Camp in Inner Mongolia, and because she refused to write a repentance statement opposing Falun Gong, her prison term was extended by four months. She was subsequently detained in an isolation room for nine months without any contact with the outside world. Ms. Lu was monitored continually in this unhealthy environment, and was forced to sleep on a cement floor. She became ill due to this treatment, and was force-fed by guards from the Hailaer Railway Detention Center.
40. [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Facts Regarding the Persecution of Ms. Tao Wei and Mr. Bao Jianwei
Ms. Tao Wei was taken to a Lannigou brainwashing session in the Jinzhu Township, Huaxi District of Guiyang. Guards have not allowed any of her family to visit. Mr. Bao Jianwei was illegally detained at the Wudang Detention Center in Guiyang.
41. [Hunan Province] Ms. Zhang Lihua and Mr. Tang Zhaomei Arrested
In April 2008, practitioners Ms. Zhang Lihua, in her seventies, from Xiangtan University, and her husband Mr. Tang Zhaomei, a retired professor, were illegally arrested. Their current situation remains unknown.
42. [Ningxiang County, Hunan Province] Facts Regarding the Persecution of Ms. Jiang Ruihua and Mr. Peng Liang
On April 17, the homes of practitioners Ms. Jiang Ruihua and Mr. Peng Liang, both teachers in Ningxiang County, were illegally ransacked by the police. The policemen confiscated computers, printers, Dafa books and articles along with other items. Jiang Ruihua was subsequently arrested, but Peng Liang escaped. Jiang Ruihua's 9-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son now stay at home and cannot attend school. Peng Liang's 9-year-old son is currently cared for by his 72-year-old mother, and they live under difficult conditions.
43. [Beijing City] Additional Information Regarding the Persecution of Ms. Xu Yanli
On April 20, Ms. Xu Yanli was illegally arrested by National Security agents from the Shijinshan Police Department, and taken to the Shijinshan Police Department to undergo persecution.
Xu Yanli's husband was illegally arrested in 2002, and sentenced to eleven years and six months in jail. His health is failing, and he is reportedly near death.
May 15, 2008