(Clearwisdom.net) In early May 2008, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Xu Na was transferred to Chongwen District Detention Center in Beijing. Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials filed her case through the Procuratorate, and are ready to put her on trial. Xu's family has hired a lawyer to defend her. We have learned that the police did not find any evidence for their show-trial in Ms. Xu's home, nor did they find any in her vehicle. Under normal circumstances, she should be released. The CCP was worried that she would protest her husband's death by torture, so they transferred her and arranged to put her on trial.

Beijing practitioner Ms. Xu Na, 40, is a well-known painter. Her husband, Mr. Yu Zhou, was a well-known Chinese folk singer, tortured to death by the police during the Chinese New Year celebration this year. Ms. Xu Na is currently being illegally imprisoned in Chongwen District Detention Center in Beijing. Her trial has been put on hold because the CCP is afraid of international attention being focused on her and her husband. Ms. Xu has overcome many difficulties to appeal for justice in the case of her husband's death while in prison.

At around 10:00 p.m. on January 26, 2008, Mr. Yu Zhou was driving home with his wife after one of his performances. The police stopped their car for an "Olympics Search" in Yangzhuang Village, Beiyuan neighborhood, Tongzhou District in Beijing. When the police learned that they were Falun Gong practitioners, they arrested them and took them to the Tongzhou District Detention Center.

At around 9:00 a.m. the next day, four police officers from Beiyuan Police Station, Tongzhou District Police Department, Xiangshan Police Station, and Haidian District Police Department ransacked Ms. Xu's parents' home, but did not find anything. They subsequently ransacked Ms. Xu's sister's home. They stole the printer paper from a desk when they did not find a computer.

On February 6, one day before the Chinese Near Year, Mr. Yu Zhou was tortured to death at the age of 42. His family demanded an autopsy, but the results were never given to them. The detention center authorities did not even allow Ms. Xu Na to attend his funeral.

The attorney hired by Ms. Xu Na's parents informed Ms. Xu of the death of her husband. Ms. Xu Na has now filed an appeal with the Procuratorate regarding the death of her husband. She is demanding an investigation to determine who is legally responsible, and is requesting the rights to the funeral matters for Mr. Yu Zhou. The government is now attempting to fabricate excuses by first transferring her to another detention center, and then having her put on trial.