(Clearwisdom.net) On May 23, 2008, 610 Office agent Wang Jianhuai in Huaian City, Jiangsu Province called Falun Gong practitioner Zhou Ling, who is a nurse in-charge at the Huaian City Chinese Traditional Medical Hospital. He asked her to go to the Qinghe District Police Department to "have a talk." After Ms. Zhou went to the 610 Office at the Qinghe District Police Department, she was illegally arrested and detained at the Huaian City Detention Center.

Before Ms. Zhou's arrest, Falun Gong practitioner Hu Yunqin, another nurse in-charge at the Huaian City Chinese Traditional Medical Hospital, was arrested on April 15 from her work place. Four police from the Qinghe District 610 Office, including police officers Chang Shulin and Wang Jianhuai and the Security Protection Section Chief of the Huaian City Chinese Traditional Medical Hospital, Wei Yujie, arrested Hu Yunqin and "illegally detained" her for 15 days. Hu Yunqin was brutally tortured, both physically and mentally, and she still suffers from extreme pain, even after being released. Her left eye was beaten badly, causing bleeding and vision blurring. Even now, she still suffers from a painful wrist injury.

Ms. Zhou Ling, who is 48 years old, was a very hard worker at her job and she was even honored with the "outstanding nurse in-charge" award. After clarifying the truth to a patient at work, the patient reported her to the authorities. On February 3, 2008, Qinhe District 610 Office police officers Wang Jianhuai, Chang Shulin and others illegally confiscated Zhou Ling's home, beat her and took away her personal computer, cell phone and other personal belongings. Later she was detained for a month.

During her detention, police officers Wang Jianhuai and Chang Shulin went to the detention center many times to torture and interrogate her. On March 3, the 610 police transferred her to the Communist Party School Hotel to brutally torture her and force her to sit on the tiger bench for four days and nights. She was released on March 7, but the police still monitored her at her home and frequently harassed her at her work place. The police never returned her computer and other personal belongings.

According to sources, Zhou Ling has already been sentenced to one-year of forced labor after she was arrested on May 23. The CCP officials notified her family members only after they had already sent Zhou Ling away.

May 29, 2008