(Clearwisdom.net) In the first quarter of 2008 alone, the police from Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, arrested dozens of Falun Gong practitioners who simply want to be good people and don't want to give up the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance" they are pursuing.

Following are some of the major cases involving the arrests of practitioners:

1. The Police from the Xiangyang Police Station, Xiangfang District Police Sub-department, Harbin City, Arrested Ms. Zhao Jinxiang and Ms. Liu Shuqing

At around 11 a.m. January 23, 2008, Ms. Zhao Jinxiang and Ms. Liu Shuqing were reported and arrested by police from the Xiangyang Police Station, Xiangfang District Police Sub-department while clarifying the truth at Dongxingdun Village, Xiangyang Commune, Xiangfang District.

2. Six practitioners from Acheng District, Harbin City, have been arrested and their homes ransacked

On the evening of January 24, 2008, special agents from the National Security Division and the Police Department used all sorts of base tactics such as tailing people and prying open locked doors. They broke into the home of Ms. Sun Huifang, a teacher in Yuquan Township, without going through any formalities, showing any warrant, or giving any explanation. They arrested Ms. Wu Yanchun, Mr. Ren Zhongde, and Ms. Sun Huifang. They also ransacked the house and confiscated mobile phones, computers, and "truth-clarification" materials.

At around 5 p.m., on January 25, 2008, policemen broke into Mr. Sun Cheng's home. They confiscated a printer, two computers, over 200 yuan cash, a Chinese New Year's couplet, and a phone book. The whole process lasted nearly three hours. Mr. Lu Haiyan, who was a guest at Mr. Sun's house, tried to cover for Mr. Sun and his wife so that they could leave. He engaged the policemen by debating with them for more than an hour and was then arrested. However, Mr. Sun and his wife managed to escape.

In the morning on January 26, 2008, policemen broke into practitioner Mr. Xiao Xie's home in Acheng District, Harbin City, arrested him, and confiscated his mobile phone as well as other items.

In mid March 2008, personnel from the Acheng District 610 Office instructed and arranged to set up a 610 Office in Yuquan Township. After its establishment, local practitioners were interfered with and persecuted. The neighborhood committee started to investigate, monitor, and control Falun Gong practitioners. It also harassed the practitioners and punished those who were related to them, threatening them with jail sentences or being fired from their jobs.

3. Ms. Shang Wenru and Ms. Cao Yanjuan from Pingfang District, Harbin City, were arrested

On February 3, 2008, Ms. Shang Wenru, over 60 years old, and Cao Yanjuan, over 40 years old, from the Bingjiang Factory District went to hand out truth-clarification materials and were arrested by policemen from the Erdaogou Police Station. Ms. Shang was released after questioning, however, Ms. Cao was illegally detained at the Harbin City Detention Center on February 5 after questioning.

4. Mr. Qi Fengming and Mr. Qi Fei, father and son, from Harbin have been arrested

On February 4, 2008, Qi Fengming, who lived on Sandao Street in Harbin City, was reported while handing out information materials about the persecution of Falun Gong at nearby buildings in the Harxi District. Officers came in three police cars and arrested him. His son, Qi Fei, was arrested at work and their homes were ransacked.

5. Mr. Guo Gang and two other practitioners from Harbin City have been arrested and their homes were ransacked

In the morning of January 25, 2008, Mr. Guo Gang was taken away from his home. His computer, mobile phone, and 4,000 yuan in cash were confiscated.

Practitioners Ms. Li Chunjuan and Mr. Liu Pengfei from Pingfang District, Harbin City, were also arrested.

6. Five practitioners from Yilan County, Harbin City, have been arrested and the homes of six other practitioners were ransacked

On February 3, 2008, Zhao Jiannan, Director of the Xing'an Village Security Section, Tuanshanzi Township, Yilan County, went with several policemen to the homes of five local practitioners as well as the home of a practitioner in the neighboring village. The police searched the houses and confiscated Falun Dafa books, periodicals, several pairs of couplets, and other items.

Mr. Mo Zhilkuai and four other practitioners from Yilan County were arrested by police from the Tuanshanzi Township while they were in Daotaiqiao Township.

7. Four Practitioners from Wuchang, Harbin City, have been arrested and persecuted

Practitioner Yu Xiaohua from Wuchang City was forcefully taken away by the police while clarifying the facts at a market in Wuchang City. Yu was illegally detained at the city's detention center and then sent to the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City at the end of February 2008.

Na Zibo, Sun Shaorong, and another practitioner with the surname Chen from Wuchang City and Harbin City went out to clarify the facts on October 28, 2007. They were reported by villagers, and policemen from Wuchang City's Police Department arrested them and put them in Wuchang Detention Center. Later, personnel from the National Security Division, the 610 Office and the city's procuratorate collaborated with each other to "illegally sentence" these practitioners. Three practitioners have been sent away and their whereabouts are still unknown.

8. Ms. Zhou Yunxia from Shuangcheng, Harbin City, has been arrested

On February 10, 2008, Ms. Zhou Yunxia from Shuangcheng City went to other parts of the country by train. She brought with her the truth-clarification VCDs and Falun Dafa books. She was arrested after personnel from the luggage department found these items.

9. Mr. Yuan Chengli from Harbin City has been arrested and his home was ransacked

Mr. Yuanchengli from the Economic Policy Study in Harbin City was arrested at his mother's home in Daoli District, Harbin City, by police from Baojian Road Police Station, Nangang District. The police confiscated two bags of items including Mr. Yuan's two mobile phones, one MP4 player, VCDs, Falun Dafa books, and telephone books.

The Baojian Road Police Station is responsible for illegally arresting Mr. Yuan. Section policemen from Gongnong Police Station, Daoli District ,and two property management personnel assisted in the arrest. Claiming that they needed to check her household registration, they lied their way into his mother's home. They did not identify themselves but began to ransack the home. They searched through the old woman's clothes, and she simply could not remember what items they had confiscated. She only remembered that they took away two bags full of items.

10. Two Practitioners from Dongli District, Harbin City, were arrested

Ms. Li Ping and Ms. Wang Guiqin, both 57 years old, were arrested by police from Haping Police Station, Xiangfang Police Sub-department, at 8:30 a.m. on March 12, 2008. We learned that they were reported to the police when they clarified the facts. They are being held at the Harbin No. 2 Detention Center.

11. A Teacher of a Fine Arts School in Nangang District, Harbin City, was arrested

At noon on March 20, 2008, about 20 policemen in three police cars rushed into the Ziya Design Fine Arts School and conducted an illegal search, claiming that they were checking the school's business license. They found and confiscated more than 20 copies of "Zhuan Falun", music scores of celestial melodies, and several student notebooks. At that time, 15 students and one art teacher were taken to the Xuanxi Police Station where they were questioned. They were asked whose family members practiced Falun Gong and whether they knew the background of the school before they enrolled.

Teacher Ms. Wang Yang, who is a practitioner, was arrested and placed in Yaziquan Detention Center, Daoli District, Harbin City.

In the evening a male student (probably from Bingxian County) was taken home by his parents. A female student was escorted back to Lanxi by local police officers. At about 10:00 a.m. the following morning Mr. Zhang Yibo, a fine arts teacher, and a female student, Lili, were released.

Ms. Jin, who worked at the switchboard of the Harbin University of Science and Technology, was arrested on March 9, 2008. Harbin police also arrested practitioners in Yuquan, Harbin City.

12. Several Practitioners from the Daoli District, Harbin City, were arrested

Ms. Wang Fenglan, a practitioner from Daoli District, was arrested shortly after coming home from work in the afternoon of March 20, 2008. Policemen headed by Lu Jun, used illegal methods to enter her house. They used the same methods to arrest three other practitioners near Jingwei Primary School.

At about 7:30 p.m. on March 25, 2008, Mr. Sun Tongqing was illegally searched by patrolling police officers at the corner of Shibadao Street, Daowai District (close to his home), while waiting to pick up his child, who went to a tutorial class. The police found several copies of "Minghui Weekly" and an MP4 player on him. The following day, Mr. Sun was arrested and put in the Daowai District Detention Center. Zhao Zhenhai and A Sigen are the policemen from the Daowai District National Security Division that arrested Mr. Sun.

After his arrest, the patrolling police officers and officers from the National Security Police ransacked his home twice but did not find anything.

13. Ms. Wang Suqin from Xiangfang District, Harbin City, and several other practitioners have been arrested and their homes ransacked

An elderly practitioner, Ms. Wang Suqin, from Xiangfang District, Harbin City, has been arrested and her home was ransacked.

Ms. Xiao Hua, 36 years old, from Dongke Street, Daowai District, Harbin City, was reported while clarifying the facts to people at around 11:00 a.m. on March 28, 2008, and was arrested. She was taken to the Harbin No. 2 Detention Center (Yaziquan, in Guzhen Township). It was the second time that Ms. Xiao Hua had been arrested

On March 28, 2008, Mr. Yu Lianhe was arrested in his home in Fangzheng County, Harbin City, and is now being held at the Fangzheng County Detention Center. Those responsible for the arrest included policemen from the Fangzheng County Police Department and Shahez Police Station.

Before the 2008 Chinese New Year, Ms. Zhang Lili from Harbin City was arrested in Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province, while handing out truth-clarification materials.

The police from the Fangzheng County Development Zone harassed practitioner Ms. Zhang Xiufeng.

At 7:00 pm on March 14, 2008, the head of the Fangzheng Development Zone Police Station with the surname Zheng; Political Commissar Ge Wenzhong; a policeman with the surname Li, who is in charge of special trades; and section policeman Zhou forced their way into Ms. Zhang Xiufeng's home. They illegally searched and videotaped the house and forced her to sign a blank piece of paper of the search. The evildoers did not even have a proper search warrant and only claimed they were following an order from Zhao Jiaqi, Head of the Police Department.

Within three months, the Harbin police arrested dozens of Falun Gong practitioners using the most base and shameless methods.

14. During the first quarter of 2008, three practitioners who pursued the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance" died while still not cleared of their false charges.

Ms. Ni Shuzhi, 60 years old, was from Hulan District, Harbin City. She began to practice Falun Gong in 1998. In May 2002 she was illegally arrested. She was illegally sentenced and held at a women's prison, where she suffered from all sorts of torture. At the end of 2006, Ms. Ni was unable to speak shortly after bleeding through her nose. She also coughed, did not want to have anything to eat, and suffered from diarrhea. In May 2007 when Ms. Ni was released, she suffered from liver cirrhosis, ascites in her liver, heart failure, insufficient supply of blood to her brain and heart, as well as pharyngitis. She died as a result of inhuman torture on January 19, 2008.

Mr. Liu Quanguo, 50 years old, lived in Sanjiazi Village, Handian Township, Shuangcheng City, Harbin. He had been weak due to various illnesses since his childhood. Later he contracted a severe liver related illness and lost the ability to work. He began to practice Falun Gong in 1996 and his illnesses disappeared without any medication. Mr. Liu was sentenced twice to a forced labor. He became extremely weak owing to the brutal treatment in Changliz Forced Labor Camp. In the autumn of 2006, when he was released from the forced labor camp, he had tuberculosis symptoms. He was in a state of delirium and suffered from incontinence. He passed away on February 16, 2008.

Mr. Liu Quanguo was tortured during his six months' detention at the Shuangcheng Detention Center in 1999. He was repeatedly beaten until his head started to bleed and his eye sockets were black and blue. He was forced to sleep on the cement floor for three months and not allowed a quilt.

In 2001, Mr. Liu went to Beijing to appeal again for Falun Gong. He was detained for one month in the Pingfang Detention Center in Harbin City. During that month, he was brutally beaten around 15 times. The prisoners raised his chin onto the headboard, tied his hands behind his back, raised his legs up backwards, and forced his stomach to the floor. They then stepped on him, pulled his head, and punched his throat.

Arriving at the camp on January 30, 2003, he was forced to stand outside barefoot and stripped for 30 minutes in the freezing cold. In addition, he was forced to do hard labor every day. Once he was forced to help a welder, who burned his arm with a hot-red welding strip.

One afternoon in February 2004, an employee of the Handian Town Government, Sun Jihua (male, in charge of the persecution), led a group of officials and police officers, including some Shuangcheng City 610 Office agents, to storm into Mr. Liu's home. They carried him into their vehicle and detained him in the Shuangcheng City Detention Center. This was in early February and it was cold. The guards stripped him and poured pan after pan of cold water over him for a long time, causing him to shiver from the cold.

At Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp the prison guards tried to coerce him to write the three statements to give up his belief. He was thrown into a huge water vat. The guards incited inmates to beat his head with a shovel handle and a plastic tube, hold his head under water, or hose cold water over his head while his body was soaked in the vat. Since he refused to write the statements, he was repeatedly tortured in the water vat. It was very cold in Harbin at that time so Mr. Liu almost froze to death. He was also forced to do hard labor, which was to pack 35 boxes of toothpicks, otherwise he was not allowed to sleep. Mr. Liu was not allowed to sleep for four days and nights. His legs were swollen and he could not see properly but he was forced to continue to work. As a result, he became very weak, could not sit up, and had blood in his stool.

Mr. Liu Quanguo endured shocks from electric batons and brutal beatings while in the camp. He became so weak that he could only walk with the help of two people. Fellow villagers learned about his situation and wrote a letter with many signatures to appeal on behalf of Mr. Liu's good character. Zhao Shuang saw the letter but did not stop the brutality. Instead he kicked Mr. Liu and hit him in the face until he bled from his nose and mouth. He said viciously, "You will die as soon as you are released."

Mr. Liu Quanguo returned home in the fall of 2006, but was in critical condition. He became weaker and weaker and died on February 16, 2008.

Mr. Yin Fuquan lived in Yanhe Village, Jincheng Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. Mr. Yi was incarcerated in Tailai Prison. Not until he was in critical condition did the authorities from this prison agree that his family could pick him up on August 8, 2007, for medical treatment. He died on February 13, 2008 at the age of 45.

After July 20, 1999, when the persecution started, Mr. Yin suffered from all kinds of persecution and torture. Since he refused to accept being brainwashed, the prison guards had prisoners put 35-pound ankle shackles on him and forced him to stand under the burning sun. He was beaten, kicked, and forced to squat for a long period of time. They also tortured him with the "big hang up (1)" and punched his face, causing his nose and mouth to bleed. He became paralyzed and bedridden. Not until Mr. Yi was in critical condition did the prison authorities agree to let him be picked up by his family on August 8, 2007. He suffered and was in pain for six more months, and died on February 13, 2008.


  1. Big hang up - There are several forms of this torture: 1. With both hands cuffed behind the back and only the toes touching the ground, one is hung by a rope that is tied to a metal window frame; 2. One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one post of a bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in opposite directions. One feels extreme pain as the body is pulled. For examples of this torture, see illustrations on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/11/17/54624.html